The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Relic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I don't remember anyone's head exploding in STRIPES.
But I cannot wait until my little babies get here!
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Eddie:I heard that Rick is sending you a special Relic coin hand carved from exotic teak.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
New front and back shots up now. The photos don't do justice to the ageing. I think I took high defination shots to get that close.

The look is smoother than it appears. (at least I kept my hand out of the shot!)
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Rick:Thanks for the photo of the reverse.Beautiful...
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Wow... EEEEX BEE-UUU-TEE-FUL..... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <<HEAD EXPLODES>>

"Don't look at it Eddie, keep your eyes shut!!!!"
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I could not resist it!...I looked at it...Ahhhhhhhhhhh
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
We shall be receiving our Relic cobs soon.Some may know what the various markings stand for.If you do not,what follows is some information that may help you discuss your Relic if you are asked.

Obverse[front]:Jerusalem Cross.Two lions and two castles.These represent the cities of Leon[lion]and Castile[castle].{Also found on the Spanish Coat of Arms}

Reverse[back]:The two vertical columns are referred to as 'The Pillars of Hercules'.The wavy lines at the bottom represent the Straits of Gibraltar.

The top horizontal line: L=Lima Peru 4=four reales. R is probably an assayer's mark.

Middle line:P V S is an abbreviation for the Latin term PLVS VLTRA or PLUS ULTRA meaning 'more beyond' the Straits of Gibraltar [The New World].

Bottom line:756=1756 the year of minting.

I hope this information is of use to Relic owners.

Best.
Rich
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
Hi all

When these start arriving on door mats can someone please provide the dimensions of the disc itself please diameter etc.... Or even a photo next to a british coin would be useful to me - I don't really wear necklaces but am quite tempted by this - I just don't want anything too big.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards to all

Matt
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Will do Matt! My guess...is close to a £2
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Has anyone used a computer with a PK-mag ring on?
terrick
View Profile
New user
IN
75 Posts

Profile of terrick
Equivoque, from page 6:

Quote:
On 2007-06-13 12:36, Roth wrote:
I use a desk top and a laptop, I have mag discs and PK rings all over the desk and have had no issues with the computors.
I don't advise keeping the Relic near anything that can be magnetically erased though.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-06-27 04:24, magicmerlz wrote:
Hi all

Can someone please provide the dimensions of the disc itself please diameter etc.... Or even a photo next to a british coin would be useful to me - I don't really wear necklaces but am quite tempted by this - I just don't want anything too big.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards to all

Matt

The old english penny is 3 centimeters in diameter. The Relic is 3.5 centimeters. a little bigger than an english penny.

It's a nice size. Very manly Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
davidjames69
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of davidjames69
Has anyone recived theres yet? if so could you please let me know?
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
These should start arriving this week I'm guessing.... it's been a bit of a wait but I know it'll be well worth it... Like all else I've received from Outlaw.

They like to get it right!

If you are amongst the first to get one, pls share details.

Best,

Bobby
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Well, the day has arrived. I got the Relic late this afternoon here in N.Y. where I'm vacationing for the summer. I believe this is the exact same piece that is in the photos, because Rick had not picked up the first batch before I left for N.Y. last week.

Just so you know, I was one of the last people to receive a Scorpion (as I have posted on the Café). It took me three months to get my hands on that nasty spiked ball (ouch!)-- even though I'm friends with Rick and I only live 10 miles from Outlaw. (I haven't let Rick forget that, either!)

I think this was definately a make-up for making his buddy wait for that Scorpion to arrive, although I did tell Rick I understood that he wanted to get the Scorpion pre-orders out first.

What can I say? I won't go into detail, but I'll tell you this- The Relic is a beautiful piece of jewelry that should sell for more than what Outlaw is charging, and that's even if it weren't a gaffed magic prop!
Just the piece of jewelry by itself would go for around $200 plus.

I can tell you that The Relic does exactly what the Outlaw ad promises. Once you "get to know" the ring movements you can do this every time.

By the way, I also have the Child's Play 2 watch and it works great with the Relic (and the Scorpion).

I'm sure Relics will be hitting mail boxes in the next few days.

Rick, one more time, thank you my friend!
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Lucky bast@rd!
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Allan Bright
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Allan Bright
Well, after 9 pages, I think that I am convinced that I must buy this!
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Hi gabelson,

You are luck to be the first one this time then! I am in Australia and so probably I will be one of the last to receive it!!

So how strong is the magnet? Can I used it to replace my M5?

And PaleoMagi
thank you for your detail info about the symbols. It will certainly help me when I design my routines.
Brother Dæmonicus
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Brother Dæmonicus
By all accounts, the magnet is easily strong enough to stop watches, from under your shirt Smile
Brother Dæmonicus is expecting you...
<BR>
<BR>www.daemonic-dreams.co.uk
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Quote:
On 2007-06-28 05:26, robstanley1 wrote:
By all accounts, the magnet is easily strong enough to stop watches, from under your shirt Smile

Shhhhhh Smile
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Relic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL