The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Between the lines? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Mine arrived today. I'll be reading through it soon. Smile
bear trees
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
263 Posts

Profile of bear trees
Just a word when you receive it "READ THE INSTRUCTIONS 1ST" don't look at the page and you can experience how strong the effect is,it ROCKS.There aren't many effects out there that you get to see from specs viewpoint.you will kick yourself if you don't.
Jason
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1119 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Just performed this for a business motivation session. Went over an absolute treat! I sealed the page in an envelope with the good old "37" force also predicted and then played it as an easy & hard sensitivity test. Did the mathematical force (supposedly an easier test) the usual way and then added the "Between the Lines" test (harder, more advanced). The response was one of the best I have had for a brand new routine. Thank YOU Michael!!

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Al Straker - It makes it worth while releasing my effects just to hear the feedback from those who have used the effects in public! Thank you for sharing your experience !

Best wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
westo
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
503 Posts

Profile of westo
I recieved this last week and was very pleased with it. Even after the first time I performed it when the lady said it was a 'Woman sitting.......' only got about 50% but still seemed strong to her!!! since then it's been *** near 100% every time. Great stuff!!
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Got home and found mine waiting - it is what I thought it would be - but done so excellently I am very happy indeed! I have my own pet version of ..um... items?... I use for another presentation (bizarre ones of course) - but this is really really good! I found I was a good "subject" that the page worked about 90% on me.

One thing about colour - aiming for blue-grey will increase the power quite a lot IMHO (if you have this effect, you know what I mean)... think of the previous point before and you'll see it really connects well... I tried it out a few times already and it hasn't missed yet if you word things properly.

Bravo! This and ESP2 makes Celebrity a Two/Two wondermaker!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2007-05-15 05:02, celebrity wrote:
For those of you who have purchased the effect and haven't recieved the forum details send me a pm and once I have confimed that the purchase has been made I will give you the user name and password! Kind Regards Michael

There are some great ideas going on in the private forum for those who have purchased this effect. I would urge you to join this forum and participate in trading ideas and thoughts.

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Quote:
On 2007-05-03 19:53, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Not an old man just tired of guys pushing stuff and not doing the right thing and not taking an add on the Café'.

All of my stuff has been advertised here even though it is limited number works.

I think it is the ethical thing to do.

I've begged SOMEBODY, ANYBODY to let me set up paid advertising on the Café, and I get absolutely NO responses of any kind...

Who do I have to **** to buy advertising here? Seriously, I would love to support the Café and legitimize my products, some of which are far superior to similar ones that get the recognition and earth SHATTERING credibility that goes with advertising here.
Vir_Lucis_Ex_Deus
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Vir_Lucis_Ex_Deus
So I'd thought I would add my impressions of this as I am a complete beginner and people might appreciate that point of view...

Overall, having only performed it for someone else once, as has been said before all is in the presentation. Personally, I felt that the topic of the page and the patter are a little too obvious and at least for me personally the method is pretty transparent in many ways. Having said that however, this is a perfect introduction to these techniques and a great way to get used to them...and what you are given is essentially one way of doing this - many of the problems I have with it could probably be changed by a change in the page text...but then I don't know whether it would be as effective!

So I would recommend this for beginners, but for anyone else I suggest you could probably put this together pretty easily yourself...

Oh, and how do I get access to the private forums for this?
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Quote:
On 2007-08-16 19:13, Vir_Lucis_Ex_Deus wrote:
So I'd thought I would add my impressions of this as I am a complete beginner and people might appreciate that point of view...

Overall, having only performed it for someone else once, as has been said before all is in the presentation. Personally, I felt that the topic of the page and the patter are a little too obvious and at least for me personally the method is pretty transparent in many ways. Having said that however, this is a perfect introduction to these techniques and a great way to get used to them...and what you are given is essentially one way of doing this - many of the problems I have with it could probably be changed by a change in the page text...but then I don't know whether it would be as effective!

So I would recommend this for beginners, but for anyone else I suggest you could probably put this together pretty easily yourself...

Oh, and how do I get access to the private forums for this?

I'm also looking for info on the private forum. Didn't receive it.

In other matters, I just received this and like others am very impressed. I took the advice given and tried it on myself. Close to 100 percent hits. Remarkable.

But how on earth do you present this? I don't mean the patter but rather what I can't find is the applause cue. The "Tah-Dah". In gambling sleights, the question is always asked "How do you get into it?" Here I'm asking how do you get out of it?
Glossolalia
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Glossolalia
Yes, it is a little ridiculous the level of product pushing that goes on here. I suspect the reason why people promote products through the forums, but do not pay for a banner, is that banners really don't work very well - at least compared to the viral advertising that takes place on here.

Anyway, back on topic, I find it a litle strange that the demo is just reactions and someone said words to the effect of "Please do not put a performance on Youtube, it will allow people to deconstruct it"

I'm I the only person that finds this a bit odd? Is it really that transparent?
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of celebrity
So long as you have purchased the original effect then please send me a pm with your details and I'll send you the forum details by return.

I also find it annoying when people put up posts advertising their new products without paying but cant see why it is relevant here?

As for the video demo people who have purchased the effect will understand! If I posted the full demo I believe SOME of it would be quite transparent to mentalists who have read and understood most of banachecks work and have also graspt the concepts laid out in wonder words.

Piracy in magic/mentalism is a big problem and unfortunatly the foundations of this effect are built up around the words you say as opposed to being a gimmick or prop. Thus in letting magicians/metalists listen to what I say I fear that SOME would copy the idea.

If you are worried about buying the effect because of this then I would suggest you hold off on buying it untill you have caught me at a convention to demo it for you or otherwise ask a friend who has purchased a copy for a demo?

If your not a fan of wonderwords or psychological subtleties then this probably wont be for you!

Kind Regards Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Glossolalia
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Glossolalia
If someone, you or anyone else, were to demo it then surely I would catch on to what was transpiring and perhaps not buy it.

Silly.

There is a phrase often used in reference to cryptography which applies here: "security through obscurity". Essentially this means the security of your system is based on people not knowing how it works, rather than the strength of your key. It is flawed to assume that your system is secure because you don't reveal how the the plain text is transformed by the key. It won't take long before someone disassembles your implementation, and at that point it is useless.

Likewise with this product. It won't be long before enough people see others perform it. It obviously can be easily disassembled.

I guess those involved will sell enough copies during the MC hysteria phase that it won't matter by the time everyone has seen it and understood its mechanics.

I think the practises employed by dealer in general give them quite a bad name (just as compulsory registration forms do - that or the choice of a long winded process). Very few can be honest with what they're selling. They operate unlike any other business, with no recourse to refund (a lot of products would fall foul of advertising legislation, or are simply shoddy). But again, this is a different thread altogether.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Well it looks like this topic has gone sideways. Sigh. Hopefully the forum will provide presentation insights.
Vir_Lucis_Ex_Deus
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Firstly I'd have to say that in regards to the dealer I had a great experience ordering from them...

Secondly, as someone who is literally just beginning in mentalism (think one month) - let's just say that the method I thought it was it was...so I was a little disappointed because of it. Also, as I have since tried it out casually on a couple of friends, both of them immediately saw what I was doing. One of them before they necessarily knew what the trick was going to be (granted she's a psychology graduate). I'll say it once more, from a complete beginner, this trick is 95% in how well (read cleverly and obtusely) you present it - you already know what it is doing, you know how to do it, but it would take a long time to put together the right stuff...so for such a small amount of money it's a great example to build upon.

For that I recommend it whole-heartedly...but personally I think it has been WAY over-hyped in this thread.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18818 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Again, more people who havent bought an effect, but are happy to critise the creator's wishes and not respect the effect...he's saying he doesn't want it on YouTube, cos people who've studied mentalism, have therefore studied certain books...certain books contain pertinent information that could suggest indirectly how the effect and results are achieved...there..simple...

it is an interesting effect, there's certainly things you can do that'll ramp up the hit rate too...but I prefer to design my own with the help of a certain book..

this effect though should be applauded for being different, and not just a rehash of something else...
I've asked to be banned
Vir_Lucis_Ex_Deus
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Quote:
it is an interesting effect, there's certainly things you can do that'll ramp up the hit rate too...but I prefer to design my own with the help of a certain book..

this effect though should be applauded for being different, and not just a rehash of something else...

Agreed, and agreed Smile
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Plese don't take these comments the wrong way,

I don't believe that anyone could watch a live perfomance of the effect and then understand the full workings of the effect as well as remember the entire text of the page. A video performance is very different.

The issue with a video performance is that people could watch the performance over and over again until they have de constructed enough to satisfy themselves that they could replicate the effect without knowing the finer details.

Unfortunatly with the modern introduction of youtube many in expierienced performers will watch a master of misdirection over and over untill they catch the modus operandi.

They will then attempt to replicate the effects with hiddeous results. I genuinely believe that everyone who has posted here has a valid point. In my own personal oppinion I feel that it is only fair to protect myself against the sort of piracy mentioned above.

Kind Regards Michael

burst
View Profile
Veteran user
Memphis, TN
308 Posts

Profile of burst
Vir_Lucis_Ex_Deus,

Personally, I don't think this effect should be performed alone. It needs to be performed along with a different effect that uses a completely different method, but appears similar in nature, theme, and/or presentation. This is done for misdirection of method, to further enhance the effect(s), and to present a routine instead of an effect.

While Between the Lines is self working, I am not so sure if it is an effect for a beginner. It takes quite a bit experience to sell. The more you perform this the more you will see how to perform it properly. It will get stronger reactions as you grow with it. You will begin to hide the method in your presentation, and play up certain detail as if the participant offered it up own their own; and that's just how they will remember it.

The effect really relies on what you say, and I'm not just referring to the method.

/paul.f
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1119 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Good post Paul, I agree that this kind of effect takes a while to get the flow and subtleties worked out. Also I find it more powerful as a double effect, I always have this and the '37' force in the same envelope. Both outcomes embelish each other and it gives the impression that a lot of specific information is involved.

Between The Lines is certainly not conventional but is taking a valid concept in a great new direction.

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Between the lines? (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL