The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review!! "NeverMind" By Jon Maronge » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21 [Next]
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
Does any one have an email address for Mystical Deceptions? I have tried contacting through their website several times and have thus far had no reply.
mauiguy
View Profile
New user
Maui, Hawaii
7 Posts

Profile of mauiguy
Sadly, NEVERMIND, wasn't worth 14 pages of this forum. I am extremely disappointed in what was delivered.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-08-08 00:06, mauiguy wrote:
Sadly, NEVERMIND, wasn't worth 14 pages of this forum. I am extremely disappointed in what was delivered.

It was worth it to get to know Jeremy Hanrahan and David Mann. They got burned by the creator of this effect and went out of their way, at their own cost, to make it right.

I call that class and integrity! The magic world needs more of that!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
magic168
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of magic168
Quote:
On 2007-08-08 01:11, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Quote:

It was worth it to get to know Jeremy Hanrahan and David Mann. They got burned by the creator of this effect and went out of their way, at their own cost, to make it right.

I call that class and integrity! The magic world needs more of that!

Ummm, sure. I certainly didn't feel it was worth $22 to find out about their integrity. Sorry, but while it was nice, I think that blanket statement is laughable to all those who shelled out their hard earned cash on this item. Maybe you are richer than I am.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Quote:

As a standing WARNING SIGN to all who enter, and seek a review of this horrid product before purchasing, I'd say it was worth it.
jon_maronge
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of jon_maronge
I realy appologize for everything guys. there are a few people out there that know the truth bihind everything that has transpired. apparently, hardly anyone had gotten the orders from the 110 sets that I sent to Irishghost. Where they wnet, I'm not sure, althought they were supposd to be shipped back to me and I'm still waiting on them myself.

all I did was take certain peoples advisment and I'm the one that got drug through the mud here. I was following instructions. I know who got their orders up to a certain order number.

For those of you who did possibly recieve their orders from Irishghost, I will be sending you out new ones because from what I read, they should not have been behaving that way. I know the ones I took from that batch to bring to a magic shop were performing perfectly.

I'm geting the envelopes ready to send these out to the cutomers that ordered them. once this batch is finished, everyone will recieve their order.

The truth of this whole matter will be coming to light really soon.

Jon
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Why wasn't it out in the first place? I don't think anyone cares now, and the fact that you now say' The truth will come out soon' makes it worse for you! Jeremy told me they were all horrible versions he received and he was sending them back. You have dented your own reputation. It takes 30 seconds to come on and apologise, not this long, I think the damage is irrepairable
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Jon, As I have everyones phone number that I sent the never mailed Neverminds from you, I can call them and confirm reciept. As for the ones I still have in the basement, I said I would send them back to you, but as I am already out of pocket for the shipping of the replacements, I feel I can no longer shell out my hard earned money to ship them back. If you would like to have a courier pick them up on your bill with a tracking number, that would be fine. I too can not wait to hear the whole truth, as it is something that I am not pervy to. All I know is that I was not the only one that was dragged through the mud on this. As you are talking about the truth, why not tell everyone your relationship with the person that started this thread, or shall I. I wished you all the best in the world, and I still see you need to blame someone. As I am a man with big shoulders, please blame me and move one. For you to put the idea out there that it was other peoples doing and not yours is not only funny, but insulting to Café members. I could also tell everyone what you really thought of the whole situation, but I guess that will come out in the truth? If not I will fill in the blanks for you.

Best Regards,
Jeremy

P.S Anyone whom had contacted me, and have not recieved their Nevermind set, please post on this thread.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
jon_maronge
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of jon_maronge
You are totally right jeremy. we do need to put blame where blame is due.

I take full responsibility for the entirety of the situation. if I would not have listened to others on how to run my business and get my product "out there," this situation would have not happened and everyone would be happy.

I took people's advice on not shipping the product right away to "stir" up the Café (whih I should have known better) and also to tell them that I addressed the packages to myself. ( I guess I was an idiot for agreeing to that one)

all of this started because I listened to other people. I will rectify the situation and save my name an reputation although it may take a lot of work.

I wish you all the best and hope to see you on top.

as far as the guy that started this thread, yes, he is my friend. that is why he got nevermind before a lot of other people.

Sincerely,

Jon
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2007-08-08 18:13, Irishghost wrote:
Jon, As I have everyones phone number that I sent the never mailed Neverminds from you, I can call them and confirm reciept. As for the ones I still have in the basement, I said I would send them back to you, but as I am already out of pocket for the shipping of the replacements, I feel I can no longer shell out my hard earned money to ship them back. If you would like to have a courier pick them up on your bill with a tracking number, that would be fine. I too can not wait to hear the whole truth, as it is something that I am not pervy to. All I know is that I was not the only one that was dragged through the mud on this. As you are talking about the truth, why not tell everyone your relationship with the person that started this thread, or shall I. I wished you all the best in the world, and I still see you need to blame someone. As I am a man with big shoulders, please blame me and move one. For you to put the idea out there that it was other peoples doing and not yours is not only funny, but insulting to Café members. I could also tell everyone what you really thought of the whole situation, but I guess that will come out in the truth? If not I will fill in the blanks for you.

Best Regards,
Jeremy

P.S Anyone whom had contacted me, and have not recieved their Nevermind set, please post on this thread.

Who told you to lie though, I just do not understand? This happened way before I meet you?

Jeremy
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
pjpastir
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of pjpastir
This is posted on Mystical Deceptions website,

Home
MYSTICALDECEPTIONS HAS NOW BEEN SOLD. The new owner has now taken control. Jon Maronge will be having the phones until the phone banks are set up in the new offices. Jon has also decided to sell the NEVERmind! effect and process to us so that this great idea isn't swept away into the black abyss. There are a multitude of effects possible with the process he has developed and we will continue to utilize this process to bring you the most amazing card effects to hit the market in years.

S. Raven

Does anyone know any more about this, as I was interested in ordering this but I am wondering if all the problems of shipping and noisey cards was resolved ??

Thanks
Paul
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Pjpastir: The cards are thick and gummy, like someone dipped them in pancake syrup and proceeded to wipe them off. I wouldn't recommend this "trick" to anyone.
samdan
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of samdan
If you buy this trick after reading this thread, you are simply out of your mind or a glutton for punishment. It is horrible beyond belief. A total waste of money. The cards can't even be peeled apart, let alone used in an effective manner. Simply put, are you nuts?
samdan
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of samdan
The post about mystical deceptions is a farce. Their website says no such thing.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Quote:
On 2007-08-08 15:47, Christopher Williams wrote:
Why wasn't it out in the first place? I don't think anyone cares now, and the fact that you now say' The truth will come out soon' makes it worse for you! Jeremy told me they were all horrible versions he received and he was sending them back. You have dented your own reputation. It takes 30 seconds to come on and apologise, not this long, I think the damage is irrepairable

I've been keeping up with this thread, and I'm with Chris. The damage has been done. Jon, you took people's money, lied, lied and lied some more. You had a friend start a thread to help promote your horrible product, told stories, made people wait, made empty promises and then lied some more! I hope the cash was enough to last you, because I have a feeling you have damaged your reputation (as if you had one) beyond repair.

You screwed Precision Magic, took people for granted, acted like a fool and tried to pass off the most disgusting, horrible stories I have ever heard about a delayed product. You must think the people here are idiots!?!

Now, you claim to have been the naive puppet whose strings were pulled and that YOU were "played" and made to look bad? That is bull***t!!! WHO told you to lie? That's a great question! Also, "stir up the Café" (?) by delaying orders and lying about shipping? That is one of the most idiotic publicity gambits I have ever, EVER heard of. You are a liar and a thief as far as I'm concerned.

Piz, I don't know you, but you've lied as well. You started the thread saying that you had no involvement with Nevermind in any way, shape or form, which obviously is not true. You said that you took Jon to the post to deliver the Neverminds (to people who had waited, emailed, PM'd, called on the phone, posted here, waited, waited and waited some more) . . . tell me, did you guys split the dough???

The effect sucks in the first place . . . there, I said it. I feel bad for anybody who has (had) anything to do with you.

See you at the top? Hardly.

-Jerome Finley.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Quote:
On 2007-08-08 22:33, samdan wrote:
The post about mystical deceptions is a farce. Their website says no such thing.

It's there, hit Reload (Control + R on your browser)
pjpastir
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of pjpastir
Samdam

This is the link I used to the web site http://mysticaldeceptions.com/

If you scroll down to under the demo video that is where I copied it from about 45 minutes ago and I just checked it again and it is still there. It may not be accurate but I resent the fact that you accuse me of posting a farce!!! I am only trying to find out the latest info as to what is going on

Paul
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2007-08-08 22:40, TT2 wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-08-08 15:47, Christopher Williams wrote:

I've been keeping up with this thread, and I'm with Chris. The damage has been done. Jon, you took people's money, lied, lied and lied some more. You had a friend start a thread to help promote your horrible product, told stories, made people wait, made empty promises and then lied some more! I hope the cash was enough to last you, because I have a feeling you have damaged your reputation (as if you had one) beyond repair.

You screwed Precision Magic, took people for granted, acted like a fool and tried to pass off the most disgusting, horrible stories I have ever heard about a delayed product. You must think the people here are idiots!?!

Now, you claim to have been the naive puppet whose strings were pulled and that YOU were "played" and made to look bad? That is bull***t!!! WHO told you to lie? That's a great question! Also, "stir up the Café" (?) by delaying orders and lying about shipping? That is one of the most idiotic publicity gambits I have ever, EVER heard of. You are a liar and a thief as far as I'm concerned.

Piz, I don't know you, but you've lied as well. You started the thread saying that you had no involvement with Nevermind in any way, shape or form, which obviously is not true. You said that you took Jon to the post to deliver the Neverminds (to people who had waited, emailed, PM'd, called on the phone, posted here, waited, waited and waited some more) . . . tell me, did you guys split the dough???

The effect sucks in the first place . . . there, I said it. I feel bad for anybody who has (had) anything to do with you.

See you at the top? Hardly.

-Jerome Finley.

I lied?? How? The true fact of the matter is I had no involvement with Nevermind in any way, shape or form, as I have already stated. I have not received any money out of this, I simply received my NEVERmind and gave my honest opinion of it. Jon is a friend of mine, one I met face to face only months after the release of NEVERmind. My review on the first page is how I feel about the product, I still use my NEVERmind and will continue to do so, I love this effect as do many others.

Just look at the names of some well respected Café members who have gave more then favorable reviews of NEVERmind: RiverDJLR, Kobra, FVdbeek, Donkey and Waffles, MagicMike30, Mrsid, and David Mann also liked the product (I take it they all got paid as-well). The first copy of NEVERmind that IrishGhost received, he must have liked it, he would not have dealt with the product if he did not!! Obviously as Jeremy has already stated, he received a bad batch, and I feel extremely sorry for those who had to pay $20 for what they received. I really wish this thread would just die already, it is evident that this product and thread are making no substantial gains. It is pointless to argue about this, but I also refuse to sit back and have people talk about me and call me a liar because of how things turned out, as if this whole thing was a conspiracy conjured up between me and Jon, and also the other 10 people who gave this product good reviews. I simply gave my honest opinion from what I received from Jon, that is it (O'yea, and I did take Jon to the post office)!

Paul
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-05-04 07:47, Piz wrote:
I would just like to start this off by saying I am in no way associated with or working for "MysticalDeceptions.com" or its distributors in any way, shape, or form.

Wow, the post that started it all. Over 3 motnhs ago!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
746 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
My review of NeverMind is honest for the cards that I got in the mail. I was able to perform the effect with no problems. I recieved what has to be a first run of the cards. Now the second batch of Never's something was wrong? Bad Batch sounds like. Sorry for the guys that waited and waited only to get sticky flap jacks. I hope that my brothers can get what the paid for. Most though might just think ah Nevermind!

magicmike30
Magician, Mentalist, Entertainer.

www.mikebelieve.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review!! "NeverMind" By Jon Maronge » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL