The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Unusual unicycle ideas wanted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
So Im in the process of revamping some of my material. I do a tall unicycle thing as some of you may already know. At the moment all I do is mount the thing vai audince members, ride around a bit and the have three machettes passed to me that I then juggle. Well here is the deal... I am looking for somthing diffrent to add to the stunt. It can be a smaller thing to do on the uni (possibly non juggling) before juggling the knives or it could be somthing suplimenting the knives trick. So Im looking for any creative souls with interesting ideas. here are my personal paramiters.

1. Im only comfortable doing three objects with no "extras" (like under the leg tosses or apple eating ect) I just cant hit the extra bits consistantly enough.

2. Im not interested in juggling rubber chickens or anything like that.

3. Fire is out

So I guess that's it. Any thoughts from you fine folk would be apreciated. If you feel more comfortable pm`ing me go for it.

Yours as always,
Anton
just_larry
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of just_larry
1. Have you ever though about changing your unicycle!
I have some recommendations that.

2. How about adding a third mutiplex to the routine.
Like a spinning bowl on a hard hat, while you juggling&ride,
or going through an line of traffic cones,while you juggle &ride,
Or

3.invole the audience members more-
Eg..
they help you get up and pass you the props, but you start to pass them back, in the end they are "juggling" with you .

It would be easier to help if you had a video of it, then I could see what your about.
Thanks,
Larry
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Thanks for the advice Larry.

Interesting thoughts. Here are some things Ive thought about.

1. Tossing one of the three knives under my leg (not while juggling) as a warm up to the 3 knife cascade.

2. Doing a card trick on the 8 footer as a bonus trick before the final trick as the "worlds most dangerous card trick" or somthing like that.

Id love to juggle three torches and at the end blow a ball of fire. But I find fire impractical because of the venu limitations so I don't juggle it.

I wish I had a video to show...soon I will but not yet sadly.

Anton
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4456 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I saw a guy in Chester do a similar act from hat you describe. He kept it simple though. He starts with clubs but gets the audience to pass in to him – lots of by play when a spectator threw it wide right and almost on the floor. So he gave them the club back and got them to try again – but just before he got to three he stopped and said I'm not ready. Then runs over to the right and lies down and says ready.

Any way he plays on the audience a bit and does some juggling “stunts” on the ground – under leg behind back etc. Then he works up to the idea of doing the clubs on the 6ft unicycle. He does do fire (but is outside in Chester so maybe its ok?)

He has a VERY COOL uni. Not sure if he made it himself – it is a ladder with a wheel just “stuck on the end”. He props it up against the railings along Chester’s pedestrians road and then runs up and throws his leg over the top – SPIKED railings LOTS of laughs. When he eventually gets back on to the uni he steadies himself and rides in to the “ring” of people and round in a sort of 90 degree turn and heads off up the high street claiming he cant stop and get the audience to move out of the way for him. He ends up about 20 meters up the road hanging on to the boots the chemist sign for “dear life”. HE then comes back and eventually juggles fire – again lots of audience participation involved in passing up the clubs etc.

I think there is a lot of scope for funny unicycles. I love the 3 wheel ones. As for other ideas for tricks on the uni…….

How about a handcuff escape? Or like you said a card trick but – do a card sword? That would look great! You could do the lunge as you dismount forwards? I have a friend who has some stress balls in the shape of VW beetles so she juggles cars! You could tackle it something like that with a comedy slant?

What about feeling peckish and wanting an apple? You could get an audience member to throw it up to you and catch it on the end of the knife? Just a couple of ideas for you – not sure if any of them are any good?

What is the venue limitation that stops fire use? Is it a petrol station Smile
TroyRoark
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield IL
282 Posts

Profile of TroyRoark
Have you considered juggling the unicycle?
Phil Blackmore
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Phil Blackmore
Balancing the uni on your chin?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Unusual unicycle ideas wanted (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL