The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » The gutsy steal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

william the 3rd
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of william the 3rd
I recently got an e- book called the "Hanxamean approach to the three shell game". It has a move called the "gutsy steal". It seems to be a very good move but has anyone used it, I think under the right misdirection it could be very strong. After I have practiced for a while I will use it in my game but for now just the basics.
I was hoping someone could give me some insight on it. If you do not know the move it is here in this book.

http://www.magicjax.com/newsite/3shell.html
willdon magic
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of willdon magic
I bought this e-book and looked at the Gutsy steal and it seems like a very fare move if done right. I think I will give it a lot work before I try it in front of an audience. I would imagine it would be easy for some people who have done the shell game for a long time.
I really like the walnut shell melting back together I think it really would shock people.
william the 3rd
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

I tied this steal for a friend and it is not as gutsy as it looks. The thimble reappearign on the table is really a nice bit too. I like the flashes to show the shells empty they are a bit easier than the standard flash.
One thing I found odd is using the move "That was not so slick" it really has a real visual aspect about it. Like they see the pea there after it is really gone. I tried it as the sucker move and my friend did not see the sucker aspect he really believed he had seen something totally diferent.
I am really excited to go out and do some of this for a group of people after seeing the reactions of my friends.
Ragman
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Ragman
When you use the gutsy steal you might try this. Have the spectator select a shell if this is the one chosen perfrom the first half where the shell is pushed forward. Ask the spectator to lift the shell to see if the pea is under it when they say "no" you say "not stuck inside either..." This will promt them to look in the top of the shell. This is the point you will do the second part of the move. I have found this to be a very reliable way to perform this move.

I also use the ending where the shell fuses back together and it does really get an incredible reaction. I think that is because of the simple handling and how the shell is never seems to go out of sight. The handling is very clever...!

I have actually applied several of the ideas in this book to my micro cups and balls routine. The main ones are from the section of the book called
thimble rig(?)
william the 3rd
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Thank you Ragman, That is going to make the move a bit easier for me to pull off. Do you have any advise to make the palming methods from this easier to do. The one I really like is during the flipping of the shell it looks so clean in a mirror that I cannot believe it.
I am also working on the routine with the thimbles in the book as well, the thimble appearing on the table with the pea under is a really good idea.
Ragman
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Ragman
You are welcome william, The best I can say is to perform the flip over on an off beat moment. This is just until you get comfortable with the movement. Once you see it is nothing to it you will be able to do it under more scrutiny.

I also use bits of the thimble routine in my own cups and peas bit. I did take a little different angle but you can definetly see the idea came from this book.
magic jj
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of magic jj
I have been thinking about getting into thr three shell game as it would be easy to carry in my pocket. It would also be a good switch from cards at the local pub. Would it be an easy thing for me to learn or would it take lots of practice.
Ragman
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Ragman
Jj There is plenty of detail in this manuscript to make the shell game easy to learn. The pictures really could make it almost not need text. The shell game is not that hard to do it just takes practice to get really good at it.
I would say this is a great place to start your shell game experience, it will really help determine if you want to perfrom it or not. That and it is much less expensive than most other sources that are on the market.
magic jj
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of magic jj
I did buy this book in the afternoon and that night I fooled everyone in the group I was with badly. I would recommend this manuscript to anyone. If you do not have this buy it you can not go wrong. The steals and loads are incredible and most are easy to learn.
Most of the moves are very clean I would say that all are amazing to a spectator. I thought the front slip steal was just about as cool a steal as I have ever seen in magic. I pulled it off after just a few trials and all my friends could not believe thier eyes.
If you not seen this you should order it for ten bucks it was worth every penny!!!
willdon magic
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of willdon magic
I have been working on this move for about a month and thanks to ragmans idea for misdirection I have it down to well. It is a great move if used once or twice during a routine. It is a bit hard to really build the nerve to do but if you push through it you will have a stunner that is for sure.

I really reccomend this book to everyone who has not seen it the stuff really is exceptional.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Trying to order your ebook, the ebay link does not work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » The gutsy steal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL