The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » New way to publish E-books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2901 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I posted this in the Penny for Thoughts forum and thought it would be great here as well. This is an idea I came up with that I believe will possibly help not only those who write e-books, but also those who read them.
All of us have purchased an e-book and it was either barebones when it came to describing the method, or it was ridiculously
detailed as such a neanderthal could understand it. My idea would be to use a color coding system that would be based on user skill/understanding.
Using 3 colors such as Red, Blue, and green, an author could write it such a way that that ANYONE could understand it. For example, only
reading the Red text, it would give a person who a barebones explanation as to how to perform the effect. Reading the
Red and Blue would give you a more indepth explanation. Finally, reading the Red, Blue, and Green would give the reader
the most complete detailed description on how to perform the effect. i.e. every single finger movement, misdirection, etc.
It's just an idea that I've been thinking about and would like to see if anyone who does write e-books to give it a try
and see how it turns out. If all goes well, it might be a new way of writing e-books that will make everyone happy after
their purchase.

Richard Thompson
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12587 Posts

Profile of John C
And, you could write it with crayons so even small children could understand it! Smile

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » New way to publish E-books (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL