We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » No Camera Tricks (3 DVD Set) by Richard Osterlind (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Hi
I want to buy this Dvd set, it seems really good.
Anyone can give me an opinion of this Dvds?
I saw it on Madhatter ( here ) , I think is the lowest price!

Thanks a lot, Davide

(here the effects of the Dvds)

DISC 1 - SHOW ONE

ZODIAC REVOLUTION - Bob Farmer's classic zodiac sign revelation done in a new way that will startle you in its directness. Richard guesses the zodiac signs of six audience members using nothing but a pad and pencil!

SWAMI BIRTHDAY/STENO ESP - Richard correctly guesses a person's exact birthday and follows that by predicting the random thoughts of three audience members. In this second demonstration, no forcing is involved and all three choices are totally free!

LIQUID METAL - Richard continues his metal bending legacy with five (yes . . . five!) more demonstrations of spoon bending. In one, a spoon actually visibly bends in the spectator's hand!

DIGITAL FEEDBACK EXTRAORDINAIRE - A digital calculator effect that duplicates the gimmicked versions using a legitimate calculator right out of the package in a drug store! You can throw away your forcing calculators as this does the same thing!

PEGASUS PAGE - Richard considers this to be one of the greatest effects in magic! With the permission of Art Emerson, the original Pegasus Page is presented to a stunned group of spectators. A selected page vanishes from a book being held by one person and reappears between two pieces of cardboard held by another spectator!

DISC 2 - SHOW TWO

RICHARDWAVE - Brainwave has always been considered one of magic's best effects. Here is Richard's version where any card named is the only red-backed card in a blue deck. To top it off, there's a "kicker" that adds another 100% to the effect - the deck is given away at the end! It is totally ordinary!

RUBIK'S CUBE - You won't believe your eyes as you watch Richard solve a legitimate Rubik's Cube - while totally blindfolded!

CLEARLY MIND READING - Another one of Richard's fabulous ideas for doing a complete thought reading act! This is a "new" idea that Richard published over 20 years ago and is basically unknown!

THE POKER DEAL - Watch Richard use his Breakthrough Card System to perform a poker demonstration that looks like it came out of the movie The Sting!

SEAFIRE SEQUENCE - For the first time, Richard presents his famous Seafire Sequence book test on video. Now you can see this classic effect performed with all the little nuances! There are over six separate climaxes!

DISC 3 - SHOW THREE

DRACULA/ERRATA BOOKTEST - The Dracula book test by Alexander Black is fully explained and combined with Richard's now famous Errata ending. See how incredible this combination of effects is!

20 CARD TEST - This long-forgotten effect from The Jinx made Al Koran famous. Twenty people select cards and Richard finds them all while completely blindfolded! It's an anytime, any deck miracle!

THE ORIGINAL TCB ROUTINE - Richard performs a classic piece of mentalism that brings down the house! Seven people select objects from a transparent bag and everything is predicted! You will understand why Richard loves the classics!

VOODOO - This eerie and forgotten piece of magic is performed at midnight on the back deck of the L&L studios in a chilling demonstration different than anything you have seen before!

THE ACID TEST - Not for the weak of heart! Richard performs his classic Acid Test where, while totally blindfolded, he drinks the one glass of milk from among four others filled with Liquid Drano! See how Richard builds the suspense and shows how this type of "death-defying" mystery should look!
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2071 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
For just a few bucks more buy it directly from Richard ,,,otherwise you won't get the booklet and THE BONUS DISK! (ahem..ahem...)

Bryn
"The Safwan Papers" eBook: $30
Please read the many great reviews here at the Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook is also now available ($30)
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

SPECIAL: "LOGAR" & "SAFWAN PAPERS" Combo Deal: $50

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmail.com (also my PayPal for purchases)
doormouse
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of doormouse
If it's from Osterlind I am sure it's good.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
A bonus disc?
Cards never lie
phillys
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of phillys
The bonus disk contains Richard's hypnosis show. But it's performance only Smile
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
253 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
I just thought I should correct the misinformation that Phillys put up.

The bonus disc contains 4 mentalism effects, performed and explained and Richard's 40 minute comedy hypnosis show, performance only.

Here is the official line on the bonus disc. It is available through Richard's website along with a manuscript, or you get the disc alone if purchased through L&L's website.

An incredibly funny and amazing Hypnotism Show plus 4 powerful mentalism routines
performed and fully explained!

HYPNOSIS SHOW - Watch Richard Osterlind as he performs a complete hypnosis show right in the L&L studios! You will roll with laughter as Richard shows how a classic hypnotism show should look. Although no explanation section is given, serious students will learn from watching a lifetime of experience at work. You will see all the little nuances starting with the warm-up, to the induction process and then into some great routines right out of the works of Ormond McGill. All along, you will see how Richard is his totally tasteful self and the consummate performer! This is the way a hypnotism show should look and it's also one of the funniest magic DVDs you will ever see! (Performance only.)

DOUBLE DOWN - With his permission, Bryn Reynolds's Double Down is presented to a group in an informal gathering at the dining room table. See how direct and entertaining this new miracle of mentalism is! (Performance and explanation.)

FLASHY READ - A new update on Richard's classic Bic Lighter Switch is fully performed. You will see the incredible reaction the routine gets and learn the exact handling of this perfect switch! (Performance and explanation.)

QUADRUPLITEAR - Here is an idea from the files of Al Mann updated into a complete routine. Richard discussed this variation with Al many years ago and now shows just how it is a complete routine. In addition, you will see the Dunninger Pad in action! This alone is a complete course in mentalism. (Performance and explanation.)

INCREDIBLE MIND READING - If you thought you knew all the billet reading methods, think again! Here Richard performs a forgotten idea that was never really explored. You will see him create an effect that transcends many of the incredibly high-priced billet moves now available with an idea that works under even tighter conditions! You will be amazed!
(Performance and explanation.)
phillys
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of phillys
Quote:
On 2007-05-05 22:48, Matt Bartz wrote:
I just thought I should correct the misinformation that Phillys put up.

I stand corrected. Thanks!
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
I just got my copies of "No Camera Tricks" and have only watched a little. But the first three routines on the first disk are absolutely incredible. Commercial Mentalism that will fry your audience done with minimal props. (A Steno Pad and a grease pencil is all that are used as far as the audience knows. You do use a standard, inexpensive mentalism gimmick which is small enough to fit in your shirt pocket.) I recommend these very highly.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Quote:
On 2007-05-05 19:02, mindhunter wrote:
For just a few bucks more buy it directly from Richard ,,,otherwise you won't get the booklet and THE BONUS DISK! (ahem..ahem...)

Bryn

This isn't exactly true. If you purchase from L & L Publishing, you get the bonus disk!
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Yes, you can get the bonus disc at L&L - but I would still opt to order from Richard, as it gives him a little bit more from the sales.
Cards never lie
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2071 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 06:01, magicbern wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-05 19:02, mindhunter wrote:

Bryn

This isn't exactly true. If you purchase from L & L Publishing, you get the bonus disk!

magicbern: I, too, stand corrected....my understanding was that it was only going to be available directly from Richard but I am glad L&L is offering it now also!
(although I do agree with andy, above....)

thanks,
Bryn

Thanks,
Bryn
MagicDog
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
248 Posts

Profile of MagicDog
I think L&L should buy the booklets and send them to everyone who bought the set from them. If I knew I was missing out on something I would of gotten them from Richard in the first place.

John
Make Everyday Magical
Superior Magic
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Superior Magic
I bought mine from Richard and I got ALL the freebies. Although I live in the UK I feel the extra postage and customs tax makes it worth it. It's still cheaper than buying all the elements locally.

I must admit to feeling rather smug.
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of King14
Superior Magic - Can you tell me what the customs tax is for these DVD's coming into the UK ???? Thanks
Superior Magic
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Superior Magic
Yep, it was £8
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of King14
Thanks for info will put a orderin today
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1775 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Ok, it seems that no one has wrote a review I tought of writing one.

DISC 1 - SHOW ONE

ZODIAC REVOLUTION ¡V 6 people think about their zodiac signs and with some questions and statements performer is avaible to name em all althought the odds of getting all six right are allmost 1 to 3million. Very nice idea of doing this to more than 1 person to make the method way more hidden. Also the method Richard uses is more sophisticated than usual methods. Sadly non english users have to make quite a lot of changes and work to make this work.

SWAMI BIRTHDAY/STENO ESP - Richard correctly guesses a person's exact birthday and follows that by predicting the random thoughts of three audience members. In this second demonstration, no forcing is involved and all three choices are totally free!

Especially worth noting are the tips on making you have to write as little with swami as possible and as fast as possible. However I thought the second part of the effect was little confusing.

LIQUID METAL ¡V More absolutely fantastic methods of bending silverware. Very nice visual methods.

DIGITAL FEEDBACK EXTRAORDINAIRE - A digital calculator effect that duplicates the gimmicked versions using a legitimate calculator right out of the package in a drug store! Not my cup of tea really. I thought this was rather boring but someone might like this.

PEGASUS PAGE - A selected page vanishes from a book being held by one person and reappears between two pieces of cardboard held by another spectator! The mentalist doesn't touch the book at all and still the page vanishes and spectator can even rather safely examine the book. This effect would be absolutely a stunner and in my opinion worth even the whole set maybe! I like this a lot.

There is also some very nice live footage shot but not explained from some restaurant. Especially Richards performance of center tear made me think twice my thinking about it. I usually have discarted it as way too obious for laymen to think that you just read the note at some point, but with cold reading he tells out so much information that this might actually work. The best thing however in all of these tapes is here in my opinion and sadly it isn't teached. Richard does very remarkable marked coin bend at the restaurant and as mentioned, it isn't teached. I watched it just once so it might be simple to figure out after few times, but at least on first time it looked very very clean.

DISC 2 - SHOW TWO

RICHARDWAVE ¡V Mentalist shows a deck of cards and tells its in new deck order but he made to alternations to it. First he removed the joker and second he isn't telling yet... Spectator names a card and the deck is shown to be blue backed. The second alternation is revelead to be the fact that in advance the mentalist had replaced the spectator card to be the only red backed in the deck. Also the mentalist retrievs the named, orginal blue backed named card from his wallet and gives the whole deck to spectator as souvenir. Very very nice Brainwave type effect with normal deck basically. I am sure I try thisone out.

RUBIK'S CUBE - Watch Richard solve a legitimate Rubik's Cube while ¡§blindfolded!¡¨ Well... Interesting idea but for magicians stand point I think this might be rather obious, but laymen think this differently. Also takes way too much work if you allready aren't able to solve really shuffled rubiks cube in my opinion.

CLEARLY MIND READING ¡V Basically question and answer routine... I have to admit that I havent liked em before and I don't like em now either. I just don't like the fact that something has to be written down so openly. It doesn't take rocket scientist to figure out that performer is just somehow reading the notes.

THE POKER DEAL ¡V Pretty much normal poker deal in my opinion and sadly this isn't even Hold em type of deal but you could make the changes yourself rather easily. Still this felt like filler material.

SEAFIRE SEQUENCE ¡V Booktest on stereoids ƒº There is many effects and climaxes in one book test routine. Spectator is given and envelope and then basically 1 of around 15-20 books is chosen. Also some ¡§random¡¨ pieces of paper are chosen from clear plastic bag. HOWEVER what makes this so ingeninous is that at many parts spectators can check the note they received and switch it to other one if they are not happy with it discarting the option of an force in their mind. Papers tell two pages of the books. Now the fun really starts... First the mentalist is able to tell the first few lines of the pages. Then spectator is allowed to move his finger to around the center of the page and consentrate on word there and mentalist also is able to tell the word from middle of the page. This is done on both pages at different parts of the books. The there is small extra effect that really works only for Richard and finally in the envelope is the dustjacked of the chosen book.

This routine is also a total killer! Like 10minutes or so entertaining stuff with pretty much just one clear plastic bag Smile don't be put out by the idea of this bag. This routine is designed really clever way and it doesn't seem possible to laymen that the bag could be used in forcing anything.

In a way I liked 2nd tape little better than the first one. But so far the first 2 tapes have allready had 2 absolutely killer effects, the pegasus page and seafire sequence. Worth many times more than this whole serie in my opinion. Then to the 3rd tape.

DISC 3 - SHOW THREE

DRACULA/ERRATA BOOKTEST ¡V Very nice booktest where spectator shouts out the pages used and it does seem to get around the idea of possibility that forcing was possible. I have seen quite many booktest and this seemed to be one of the most clean I have encountered. Sadly this requires, as name hints... Marketed item. This is explained however if you want to spend some heavy time with microsoft word and make some alternations to some book of yours.

20 CARD TEST ¡V 20 cards are selected and replaced and shuffled in the deck. The deck is replaced into pocked and while blindfolded the mentalists takes out all 20 cards in mixed order telling who the card goes to. big effect from very small work. I just didn't really get what blindfold really added to this effect.

THE ORIGINAL TCB ROUTINE ¡V Multiple prediction routine using clear force bag. All sorts of things are chosen from same bag from silks to names and to coins. In the end all are seen to be predicted in the envelope in full view. Again shows that clear force bags can be rather deceptive when used wisely.

VOODOO ¡V Rather different routine... Its hard to even descrive... I liked this a lot, but requires special place to perform so I doubt many people will ever use this.

THE ACID TEST ¡V Basic russian roulette type routine where performer drinks a glass of milk while blindfolded out of 5 glasses where 4 of the classes contain some sort of dangerous substance. The good part about this version is that it is absolutely safe. However for magicians this method is way too obious but again, its the laymen who pay most of our rents and living and using blindfold means totally different thing to em that it means to magicians.

Iliked 3rd volume very very much. It would have been the best in the serie in my opinion if the booktest would have been not marketed item. It isn't even possible to buy it because english is not my native language.

As a whole my experience with this set was very positive. It doesn't really get to the level of the first mind mysteries set, but I feel this is better than the Mind mysteries 5-7 or easy to master mental miracles.

Also considering the setting, trying to imidate tv show, most of the stuff teached here is way too slow phased I think. And if you think you will get something that is seen on Angel, Blaine and such tv specials you will be disapointed. However if you will look for workable mentalism and you don't have anything against using bold methods what will work for laymen but aren't really a magician foolers, then you are in for a treat. Especially the pegasus page and seafire sequence make this set worth what it is... Only if that darn coin bend was explained as well... ļ

J-M
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
286 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Quote:
On 2007-05-19 15:33, King14 wrote:
Superior Magic - Can you tell me what the customs tax is for these DVD's coming into the UK ???? Thanks

Getting stung for customs tax/import duty isn't a given.

I ordered the DVDs from Richard and Jim direct and did not have any additional fees to pay.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2071 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2007-05-18 14:11, MagicDog wrote:
I think L&L should buy the booklets and send them to everyone who bought the set from them. If I knew I was missing out on something I would of gotten them from Richard in the first place.

John

Yes; since I have my DOUBLE-DOWN routine on the Bonus DVD I was so excited about that I forgot to even mention the ZODIAC Revolution booklet one gets from ordering directly from Richard.

I posted my thoughts on the routine and the booklet in another thread.
To sum it up it expands greatly on what is shown on the DVD and is pure gold for someone that wants to learn the real work on this type of routine.

Get the whole package from Richard for just a couple bucks more; you won't regret it!

Bryn

Thanks,
Bryn
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Kort, I enjoyed your review though, as you might suspect, there are a few points where you and I will disagree. Even a few places where we see life a little differently. (Especially in terms of audience management.) Frankly, I see a whole lot more in these videos than you do. Tell you what: when I get my review finished (Scrapped it all, and started over again today.) you can tell me whether I'M off-base or not.

*jeep!
--Granpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » No Camera Tricks (3 DVD Set) by Richard Osterlind (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL