We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New book coming this summer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4816 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Here's a chance to get a preview of what's in my new book, Kingdom of the Red. The website isn't complete yet, but there are 3 pages with photos which you may wish to visit. The book is scheduled to be published before August 31, 07. The book is geared to the average magician. Even beginners will find many effects suitable for them. The book contains original magic with cards, coins, balls, dice, ropes, predictions, finger rings, harness rings, cords, bills, flourishes, and apparatus I've designed that you can build. There is a 95 minute companion teaching/performing DVD. When the book gets close to publication date you'll see my banner advertising it on the Café. I'm not taking any preorder money but you can reserve a copy at no cost. See website for details.

http://www.geocities.com/larrybarnowsky/kotr1.html

Larry
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8401 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Sounds good Larry. Good luck with this one too Doc. Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10595 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
LARRY LOOKS LIKE THE BOOK IS GOOD FOR WALK AROUND AND RESTURANT WORK.
VINNY
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Congratulations Larry! It looks like a great book. I'll be looking for it's release.

Mark. Smile
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Wow, it looks like the book is chock full of good stuff Larry! I think I could use a copy to help round out my coin repertoire. I'll be looking for your banner....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
aiki
View Profile
Regular user
Middletown NY
181 Posts

Profile of aiki
Larry,

The book looks great. I am always looking for another ring and rope routine.
Ray K.

Till we meet again!
aiturran
View Profile
Loyal user
Santiago, Chile
260 Posts

Profile of aiturran
Congratulations for the new book Larry.
I hope I can get a hold of that soon.
Thanks,

Antonio
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
Larry,
I emailed you to reserve a book.
I saw Larry do Wedding Ring Redux at a convention a few years ago. I really looking forward to seeing the work on this.

BJ
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Thanks for the heads up...and also for the large old chinese coins..

Can you remind me what era they come from?

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Hi Harris,

The coins were minted in the 18th Century in the Hu-Nan Province of China. Some of the coins have the English letters "TEAL" which is a Chinese unit of weight measurement.

Thanks to my friends in the Café for their support with my new book.

Larry
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5355 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I've already reserved a spot on my shelf... right next to my copy of "21st Century Coin Mechanics." Congratulations Larry!
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
Larry,

I met you once at Tannens in NYC several years ago (you probably don't remember me) and I saw you do some amazing card flourishes including 2 cards spinning out of the deck at once and catching them one in each hand. On the website there is mention of flourishes. Does your book teach any of those you did back then?

David
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Congratulations Larry. The Good Doctor has done it again. I will endorse this book to all the Manila Magicians. I want to be the first here. Pls reserve a copy for me Larry.

All the best Doc!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Rannie,
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I hope the book will be a "thrilla in Manila".

David,
I'm sorry I don't remember you, but it sounds like you saw me perform the "Flying Double Spinner" which is taught in detail in the book and taught and demonstrated on the companion DVD. The "V-Cut (a one hand cut) and "Quantum Spinner" (another way of spinnng a card out of the deck or from a small packet) are also in the book and DVD.

Magicguy,
Thanks for reserving the book and for mentioning 21st Century Coin Mechanics.

Larry
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Congrats Larry. This looks really good.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Update:

The graphic artist has finshed the layout of the book and is working on finishing the gold imprint on the cover and the art on the dust jacket. There are 450 high resolution black and white photos that are carefully positioned to read along with the text. It will be 240 pages printed on 8 1/2 by 11 inch #80 weight glossy enamel paper. I was very pleased with the layout of my previous book, 21st Century Coin Mechanics, but this will surpass that on many levels.

Thanks for your interest and support. Smile

Larry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New book coming this summer (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.4 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL