The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2007 entrée: Jeff Hobson » » Abbott's » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
Hey how about some Abbott stories?? Your first get together and who was there. Ect..............
jeffhobson
View Profile
V.I.P.
246 Posts

Profile of jeffhobson
Wow. . . well. . .1st Abbott's Get-Together was 1975. Entered the contest for years 1976 - 1979. I placed 1st, 3rd, 2nd and 1st again, respectively. 1977 was a special year. Lance Burton took 1st, Mac King took 3rd and I took 2nd place. How interesting is that this year 2007 is the 30th anniversary of this trifecta of magic and Lance, Mac and I will celebrate that occasion in tandem with the launch of The Lecture Network on June 3rd. Everyone is welcome! Should be fun.

The first few years I competed I got sick the morning of the contest. So nervous I was literally shaking the bed with my trembles. Thought I was going to die. Don't worry, I lived.

My first "pro" appearance at the Abbott's convention was 1980. I performed by manipulation act and was awarded the Bill Baird award for manipulation. The next appearance was 1990. I performed my comedy act and won the Duke Stern award for comedy. This year, in August will be the next. Not sure what I'm going to do. . . .maybe my same ol' crap.

So many acts over the years throughout the 70's and 80's. So many performances of Jay Marshall and Karrell Fox during that time. Blackstone Jr. too. Some of the acts were horrible. Some were outstanding.
All good memories. It'll be fun to be back. Will be bringing my camera this time to get footage for TLN.

The best chocolate shakes in the world are at the M&M grill. . . . . I think the place is still there.
The Hilarious Host of Las Vegas!
VISIT my magic shop: www.HobsonsChoiceMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2007 entrée: Jeff Hobson » » Abbott's » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL