The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New magic book coming this summer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
The Café's own Larry Barnowsky will be releasing a new book this summer and from what I have learned from his temporary website there is a large variety of material geared to the average magician. I have his first book 21st Century Coin Mechanics and that book was of high quality in content and construction. This book is bigger and covers magic with dice, cards, bills, balls, coins, rings etc.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......8&14

BJ
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Sponge ball and ring work is always of my interest.
I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks for the update.
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
The photos on the website look great. I'm looking for a new book with a variety of magic that's not just cards. This fits the bill. I emailed you to reserve a book.

WT
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4844 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
By the way, there is a companion DVD that goes with the book and they will be sold together. The DVD contains 95 minutes of high qualitly video instructions and performances.

Larry
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
This is going to be awsome, still loving the chinese coins larry!!!
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4844 Posts

I'll be offering special deals for Café members when the book comes out: Target date Aug 31, 07

I recently added two extra chapters at the end of the book for the coin enthusiasts. One requires no sleight of hand and the other does and both are things you will use.

Larry
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4844 Posts

UPDATE:

The graphic artist has finished the layout of the 28 chapters and is now working on the dustjacket and the gold imprint on the cover. This hardbound book should run about 240 pages (8 1/2 x/ 11 inches). We're almost finished filming the DVD. It will run about 95 minutes with detailed teaching as well as some complete performances. I expect the book to go to the printer in mid July and be ready to ship (with DVD) before Aug 31, 07.

Larry
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Any hint as to how much magic will be with coins?
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4844 Posts

Of the 28 chapters, 7 include magic using coins. Two of the effects using coins require no sleight of hand. There are effects also with cards, bills, dice, ropes, cords, finger rings, harness rings, balls, original apparatus you can build, Scrabble tiles, card flourishes, etc. You don't need my previous book, 21st Century Coin Mechanics, to learn or perform the coin effects in this book except for Ch 24. All moves are explained in detail with over 400 sharp b/w photos and a 95 minute high quality video DVD. The DVD is mainly a teaching DVD but there are are complete performances as well including the effect that is the title of the book, Kingdom of the Red.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4844 Posts

For those of you that haven't found the link here it is:

http://www.geocities.com/larrybarnowsky/kotr1.html
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4844 Posts

Although I will not be shipping until Aug 31, I did post the price list on my website which includes shipping charges in the US, Canada, and Internationally. You can reserve a book my PMing me or sending an email to barnowsky1@aol.com. There is no obligation if you reserve book, but those who do will get them shipped first.

http://www.geocities.com/larrybarnowsky/pricelistkotr3.html
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4844 Posts

UPDATE:

I just signed the contract with my printer and I will be offering 50 Special Limited Editions in Arizona Bonded Leather. These will come with the 95 minute Companion DVD and are priced at $100 for the book and DVD. This will be on a first come first serve basis. For these, you can order them from my website.
http://www.geocities.com/larrybarnowsky/kotrpricelist5.html

I will not be reserving them as I do with the regular book prior to publication. The target date for publication is Aug. 31. The regular hardcover book and DVD sell for $60 directly from me.

Larry
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Awesome.

Thanks for the update Larry.
Aug 31 not far away at all.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4844 Posts

Update for KOTR:

We're on schedule. The printer gets the pdfs of the book and dustjacket this weekend. We're going with red leather for the special edition and red cloth for the regular edition. We're still shooting for Aug 31 as the date we plan on shipping books. Once I see the galleys, I'll be placing a banner to run on the Café for several months and print ads in magic magazines to follow. The DVD goes to the duplicator next week.

Thanks for your support and encouragement.

Larry
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4844 Posts

I am now accepting actual orders for Kingdom of the Red, the book and DVD. You can order the regular hardcover edition or the deluxe leather bound edition from my website listed below.
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Just ordered the book and DVD and some velvet rope from your website. Can't wait to get it.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4844 Posts

Thanks for the order. The Magic Café and it's members have been wonderful supporters of my work. In the coin forum and the book review forum you'll see banners for the book, Kingdom of the Red. They help keep the Café going and at the same time advertise my new book/DVD.

Larry
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4844 Posts

UPDATE:

1. My printer has informed me that they will be shipping Kingdom of the Red to me Aug 31. I've asked them to split the shipment and send a partial shipment by overnight delivery so I can mail out the books ASAP to those who have already ordered. My target for shipping was Aug 31 but it looks like I'll be shipping in the first week of September.

2. The DVD is being replicated. This will be a 90+ minute DVD which will play on all DVD players and computers. The face of the DVD features artwork from the bookcover. I should have the DVDs next week.

3. I'm selling on my website (page 4) some accessories which are for effects in the book. I'm offering them because these items are hard to come by so I purchased them in bulk. You'll find high quality velvet rope (Wedding Ring Redux) and a heavy plated 3 inch ring (Comedy Rope and Ring). Soon I will also be offering the Time Tunnel Coin Prop and gaffs that go with it for the effect Gateway Through Space and Time. The Time Tunnel is hand made and my supplier will be getting them to me later this month.

Thanks for your interest,

Larry
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
For the coin and card effects in your new book, do you need any special gaffs?

BJ
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4844 Posts

BJ,

In Chapter 7, Gateway Through Space and Time uses a custom coin prop which I teach you how to make. It also uses some basic gaffs that you may already have or can obtain from a magic dealer. I will have a limited supply of the 2 coin gaffs that you'll need and soon you will be able to buy them from my website. The coin tunnel prop will also be available from my website soon. I'm waiting on a shipment of some materials from a supplier. I make the time tunnel coin prop myself.

In Chapter 2, Binary Prediction, there is a gaff that you may already have but if not it's inexpensive and readily obtainable.

Only one of the card effects require any gaffed cards. I'm sure most of you have these (like a DB).

Larry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New magic book coming this summer (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL