The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Light bulb variations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
Hi all,
I'm wondering if someone here has ever build the Light Bulb Variations from Steinmeyer's Conjuring Anthology. I am possibly interested in building this sort of mini one man illusion, but I would like to get the thoughts of someone who already owns it.

Thanks!

Johnny
Matt Kap
View Profile
New user
Seattle, Washington
67 Posts

Profile of Matt Kap
I am also interested in this effect. Out of curiosity, I made the gimmicked bulb and played around with it. I found no problem with angles, but would like to hear other experiences with the workings of the effect.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." -Albert Einstein
Craig Dickens
View Profile
Veteran user
368 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickens
I built Jims' latest light bulb effect last year. It is posted on Youtube--search Steinmeyer light bulb. The vid is dark, but you can see the effect---very cool. Jim made a mock-up of the effect in the Anthology and said it worked well.
e-mail at:magicaldickens@aol.com
Matt Kap
View Profile
New user
Seattle, Washington
67 Posts

Profile of Matt Kap
I believe the one on youtube is called strange power. In lightbulb variations a bulb is covered with a shade, silk changes color, light changes color, silk vanishes, bulb vanishes. Bulb appears in coat with silk inside.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." -Albert Einstein
GreatWizardoftheEast
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
124 Posts

Profile of GreatWizardoftheEast
The one on Youtube is a new effect.
Harold White
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3641 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
I believe Jim has also performed the effect at one of the get togethers. Maybe someone who saw it will post.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Do you guys know if Steinmeyer will sell it?
Eric
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Yes, Craig Dickens makes (& sells) these with permission from Jim Steinmeyer.
His email is:
magicaldickens@aol.com
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
I'm working on some ideas regarding this trick. Thanks for the e-mail address! I intend to spend a lot of time on this over Thanksgiving break. Does anyone know where to find light bulbs that will not easily break? Also, do you think that producing the light bulb magically will take away from the rest of the effect?
Thanks!
Jeremy
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Light bulb variations (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL