The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Psychokinetic Touch by Banachek - Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cyclone
View Profile
New user
USA
52 Posts

Profile of Cyclone
Any reviews for this book?

EFFECT:

2 spectators participate in a haunting story during which they feel touches on their shoulders while the magician is nowhere near them!

What You Get:

10 page spiral-bound booklet with step-by-step instructions and detailed illustrations

$9.99 from penguinmagic.com
I'm Your Daddy
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
Not very satisfied but I tried it and it works! For the price take it you do not have to loose anything...
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
Cyclone
View Profile
New user
USA
52 Posts

Profile of Cyclone
1908 I'm always like and I think most of us are.

First I get something I'm hyped about. Then when I get it I'm a little disappointed like PENomenon for example. I finally decided to try it for people and the reactions are great Smile Just by moving the pen left and right I didn't think that it will be that big of a deal. My co-workers still talk about me and my psychic powers ever since I performed it for them six months ago.

I was very disappointed when I got PENomenon but it's one the tricks I use now everytime I perform.
I'm Your Daddy
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
Thanks for the information! I was skeptical about penomenon but I think I will purchase it!
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
Cyclone
View Profile
New user
USA
52 Posts

Profile of Cyclone
No problem Smile If you want you can also get the EM pocket charger.

I'm buying Psycho Kenetic Pen next.
I'm Your Daddy
Graham_Salisbury
View Profile
New user
UK
68 Posts

Profile of Graham_Salisbury
Quote:
Any reviews for this book?

Well for a start it is a good price. Spectators are really impressed by this, and I do like it.

However it has a pretty bold methodology which has some drawbacks which I won't go into here.

But for the price you can't go wrong.

Hope this helps. Smile
UJ
View Profile
New user
Finland
71 Posts

Profile of UJ
Search for the threads about "PK touches". This is a remarkable piece of mentalism that in the right hands will leave people breathless. If most of the material you do can be performed five minutes after you received the item, you will be disappointed with PK Touches. However, if you enjoy putting a lot of thought into your routines and like to create your own effects around methods that you have learned - you will absolutely love this.

Good luck,
UJ

P.S. Graham, I think that even the most amazing piece of mentalism or magic could be described as a "trick" if you just look at the method. An artist can use a seemingly simple method to create a wonderful and moving experience of mystery.
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
Don't judge this effect by its first appearance to you. You've got to try it to believe it. It's amazing for spectators.

-Christian
"Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." -S.H. Sharpe
RichTom
View Profile
New user
Santa Monica, CA
17 Posts

Profile of RichTom
I've had this book for a while now and have to admit that it does take guts to pull it off for the first time. But, give it a shot and I'm sure, with the proper practice and presentation, you'll be very happy.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of David Numen
It is bold to be sure but most really good mentalism effects are pretty audacious.

I didn't care for Banachek's own presentation. I would go for the straight effect rather than the slushy ghost story. I'm sure he has great success with that presentation but I don't think many performers could pull it off convincingly.

Regards,

David.
Graham_Salisbury
View Profile
New user
UK
68 Posts

Profile of Graham_Salisbury
Quote:
I think that even the most amazing piece of mentalism or magic could be described as a "trick" if you just look at the method.

That's a fair point. I'm sorry, I didn't intend to give the impression that this effect is little more than a 'just add water' packet trick. If I did then I apologise. I have edited my previous post to correct this misunderstanding.

Banachek only releases quality effects, and I quite agree with you regarding the performance aspect.

Kind regards,

G.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Psychokinetic Touch by Banachek - Book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL