The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » New Paul Harris Website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ralphgironda
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
I just got an exciting email today informing me that Paul Harris will
be opening a new kind of magic website. The details are a bit
sketchy and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about this
yet.

From what it sounds like it might be the next evolution in magic
websites.

I will keep you posted on developments as I hear them...

Sincerely,
Mark Wilden
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
375 Posts

Profile of Mark Wilden
Well, you could start by telling us what you heard that made you think the site will be different from other sites. In what way will it be a new kind of website?

///ark
dcullen30
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of dcullen30
This sounds interesting...Anything with Paul Harris and I am there and I know it must be top notch.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Evolution sounds good
Cards never lie
ralphgironda
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
I can't wait either!!!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Evolution?

As in the material has already been "copied" and the links to all the free downloads are right there? One stop non-shopping?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Will-Ace
View Profile
Regular user
Newark NJ
170 Posts

Profile of Will-Ace
Quote:
On 2007-05-09 12:11, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Evolution?

As in the material has already been "copied" and the links to all the free downloads are right there? One stop non-shopping?

If it is Like that,

I'm there...Smile

Wil
MagicMarker
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of MagicMarker
I started a site a few months ago with the intentions of hosting magic videos. (Thanks to all who signed up by the way). I put it on ice because I heard rumours of a Paul Harris site that would have had a lot of cross over with what I was doing.

I was in the difficult situation that I couldn't really explain why I wasn't developing the effectgallery.com site further, because I didn't want to fuel the rumour mill about a Paul Harris site, but I also didn't want to put in a lot of time on the effectgallery site and sign up lots of members if it was very quickly going to be eclipsed by a much more significant site.

If the things I've heard about the Paul Harris site come to pass it's going to be very exciting.

-Rd
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I am getting really excited here, folks.
Cards never lie
amazingvijay
View Profile
Loyal user
N. California Bay Area
230 Posts

Profile of amazingvijay
Does Paul still live in Santa Cruz, CA?

Vijay
N California Bay Area magician
http://www.amazingvijay.com
John Heggie
View Profile
Inner circle
Huntersville, NC
1805 Posts

Profile of John Heggie
Quote:
On 2007-05-08 23:52, Mark Wilden wrote:
Well, you could start by telling us what you heard that made you think the site will be different from other sites. In what way will it be a new kind of website?

///ark

Ditto
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Sounds good Ralph! Please let us know if you find out anything! Thanks! Steve
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
K_B_G
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of K_B_G
When I see it I'll beleive it.. all I know is that is Mr PH himself opens a webpage he better increase his server and bandwidth cuz its going to get flooded..
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
The last time I spoke to Paul he mentioned the web site, but to be honest,until it's up and running it's all speculation.
MagicMarker
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of MagicMarker
Hi folks.

I just spoke to the people involved in building the site to see how things are coming along. It's very very close, the site is being tested at the moment.
Unfortunately although Paul can do amazing and impossible things he hasn't yet mastered the "pulling a website from a hat" effect.

I will be involved in the video side of the project, hopefully building the archive of great magic performances that I had planned as part of the effectgallery site. I'm obviously very excited that the video archive will be part of a far more significant site which has the Paul Harris seal of approval.

If you have any videos of yourself performing a Paul Harris effect, particularly one from the Art of Astonishment books please contact me via PM. If your video is up to scratch, both in terms of Performance and Video/Audio quality, then we may feature it on the site. This is your chance to be featured on one of the most eagerly awaited websites in magic.

I'll need these videos as soon as possible though, so if you have any get in touch.

-Rd
MagicMarker
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of MagicMarker
One additional piece of news.

If you have any videos of the material from the Card College books please submit those also. The site has gotten permission to host videos of effects and techniques from Card College.

Again, PM me if you have videos to submit and we'll work something out.

-Rd
MagicMarker
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of MagicMarker
Correction to the earler post about Card College, videos should only be of effects from the books. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

-Rd
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Quote:
On 2007-05-10 13:27, amazingvijay wrote:
Does Paul still live in Santa Cruz, CA?

Vijay

Yes

There June Magic with Paul Harris in it. Just finished read it, so apparently he is still working on website and on his new set of DVDs "True Astonishment", which will be full of new effects. Both him and Wayne Houching working on that, and first 3 out of 9 DVDs will be hopefully out at September. There no details on effects or website at article, it's more focused on his life.
I found this link and it migth be it, still under construction. http://www.theastonishmentproject.com/

The name of website will be The Astonishment Project.
Pavlo
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
The Astonishment Project is up and running!!

http://www.theastonishmentproject.com

Check out the "Village" section... It's like myspace but for magicians! Also, the 25/25 section in the Shop offers 25% off of 25 different effects each day!

http://www.theastonishmentproject.com/shop/specials.php
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » New Paul Harris Website (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL