The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Tip on the Healed and Sealed Can? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Anders Modèn`s Healed and Sealed booklet just dropped down in my mailbox here the other day,
I've been through it a couple of times, so I bought a couple of six-packs of coke to try it out, but a repeated error occured.
After it's crushed, I have a problem restoring it without soda squirting out on the sides(?).
Any tips on making the emptyness of the can easier? Smile
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
nitram
View Profile
Veteran user
London U.K.
308 Posts

Profile of nitram
Talk to Anders. His email is on the manuscript. He is a very helpful man.

Regards Nitram UK
Anders Moden
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Anders Moden
Eirik: I PM'd you.

Anders
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
You can't get any better than that!

Anders himself is ready to answer the question! He has a great effect, and obviously cares about those who bought it.

I love Healed and Sealed! And it is great to see Anders join us here!

Welcome Anders!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Yes, Thanx for the tip, he came up with some different and good alternatives to try out.. And the trick is a great one, can`t wait to continue making jawdroppers.. Smile
-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Stick Man
View Profile
Regular user
UK
178 Posts

Profile of Stick Man
I also have a problem, I have not performed it yet but I am wondering what you use to show the can open. It reforms perfectly but I don't know how well the napkin idea will work. Pm me if this is too revealing Smile
nitram
View Profile
Veteran user
London U.K.
308 Posts

Profile of nitram
Stick man, Talk to Anders. His email is on the manuscript. He is a very helpful man.

Regards Nitram UK
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
Check the end of the manuscript for the alternate version without the napkin. That's what I have to use sometimes.

-Christian
"Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." -S.H. Sharpe
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Agree Christian, it`s a good alternative handling. I have only performed this once till now, but if I may ask, what do you think is the best way to "fix" the black hole? Napkin peice or a lighter?
Webhead93
View Profile
New user
Florida
74 Posts

Profile of Webhead93
I have the Bat and use it to seal the can. You could use any strong Bat like object if you know what it is. I wear a long sleeve and strap it around my wrist. Cut and stick a thin piece of something on top that the Bat can pull off. Don't want to say too much more without giving away the secrets.

I would have to say the key to this effect is making it look totally impromptu. I planted a can in our recycling box at work then gathered everyone around. The reactions were great. Some accused me of having two cans and switching them somehow.
A. Mark Wilson
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Sounds like a nice alternative, I have also got the bat, so I'll try to get hold of a thin piece of something to use, and see how it goes.
Thanx-e-
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Although I have not performed this effect for an audience what I have found to work for me as far as a replacement to the napkin, I have scanned and made several copies of an open coke can.

I have shared it with a friend that healed and sealed he said it looked real enough. Give it a try.
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
What works well for me instead of the napkin is tissue paper in the appropriate color, available most any place that sells gift wrap.

I made a cardboard template of the right size as a pattern and prepare 8 or 10 at a time. Moisture is a good adhesive, looks great from 3 feet away, and is easy to remove when the time is right.

I keep all the supplies needed in a little hard plastic case. Takes up very little pocket space, I always have my supplies with me when going any place where canned beverages may be served. Never fails to get tremendous reactions!!

Bill Beach
bilz
View Profile
New user
Cornwall, UK
88 Posts

Profile of bilz
gman - inspired idea. Don't suppose you could email me a jpg of the scan - I don't have a scanner myself?
Kind regards
Bilz
Learn as if you would live forever...
...live as if you would die tomorrow.
StreetWalker
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of StreetWalker
Guys,

Bat? You're missing the point here. De-Pressurize! And to stop the spilliage palm a small sponge, I do this and it absorbs quite nicely and since the audience doesn't see it, there's no funny business suspected as with the napkin.

That's my two cents. Smile
"The ability to amaze those who don't care is better than the ability to amaze those who do."
schmitty65
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of schmitty65
Yeah I have been having trouble with the crushing part too after I crush it I have to *-*-* the can to restore it, can anybody help me with this problem, Thanx
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
Whoaz, this is kinda obvious.
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
syphon101
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of syphon101
Along with bilz, I too, would be grateful if anyone with a jpeg of an open coke can would be generous enough to send me a copy?
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
465 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
I think the lighter works the best and looks great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Tip on the Healed and Sealed Can? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL