The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Wicked Illusionist... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Quote:
On 2007-05-10 17:28, bp wrote:
COME ON reedrc! A man of your many talents so spot a ripp-off act

Where do these guys get the illusions built!

Ripp-offs of Brett daniels "Lev"
The Twins "smoke tubes"
Hans klok "spiker and fan lev"
Greg Ferwin "new Sub trunk box"

SO where do they get the illusions from????????

the subtrunk looked nothing and was nothing like frewin's Shrouded Transition.. unless greg has a meta ive never seen.
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of reedrc
There were no rip offs that I'd seen - ITS WHY I POSTED THE LINK - the dude seems to be doing well, and doing his own thing. Again - it's not for everyone, but it's an example of how NOT TO BE David Copperfield.
Anyway - enjoy the video not to be over analyzed. - Just enjoy interesting original material shall we?
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
His most amazing feat of all, in my opinion, is that he makes Gérard Depardieu look positively handsome. The French must be very proud.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of reedrc
For those who don't know who Gérard is visit this link . . . (although I don't see a resemblence)
http://www.depardieu.8m.com/
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Reminds me of the Simon Drake style of illusions.
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
Honestly there are similarities to things ayala, hans, and brett have done...but you have to admit if he's only 21 he probably has taken his appreciation of these performer's a bit too far and possibly doesn't have the same principles that we strive for here in America. It really could come down to just a different way of thinking as a foreign performer. I've met many performers from other countries who blatantly copy not out of lack of originality but because they are not taught or don't' understand the need to strive for originality or creativity, they copy others out of a sort of homage. I hope I'm making sense out of this? So we really shouldn't jump all over him, if he is only 21 maybe give him a break because he's inexperienced. The editing is too fast to really see if he's got "it" or "what it takes", we really can't make a decision either way. Kinda reminds me of the Curtis Adams of Europe in a way. I can get out my video camera and smoke machiene and give you the same video, I just don't know if my pants are tight enough.
DANSPERRY.COM
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
Quote:
On 2007-05-09 17:54, Chris Stolz wrote:
I like the way they presented the Motorcycle Appearance although I can see how some may be left feeling cold.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lsNJIzF7_TE

ps... reza's is better
DANSPERRY.COM
Magician of the century
View Profile
New user
Washington
57 Posts

Profile of Magician of the century
His parents still probibly bought him all his stuff that just ****es me off. my parents never did that for me I work for my illusions. If mommy and daddy just buy you every thing that will teach you nothing.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
I'm okay with mom and dad buying him the illusions, but if they bought him the girl, well... I think that is just plain wrong. I had to work for my first girl, and all the subsequent girls - especially the current one.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1581 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
I dig it. I think that most that are bashing this kid would change places with him in a second. Thanks for the link.
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of reedrc
M.O.T.C - Want me to call the waambulence? Want some cheese with that whine? You don't know this guy,
don't go making assumptions about someone then go posting it. Makes you look like a fool. With only fifteen posts under your belt you need to learn proper MAGIC & board etiquette. Its ok. We all learn sometime...

Back to the topic. Those of us who would not know original if it smacked you in the face: pay attention.

Smile
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed

Instagram
Facebook
allan31
View Profile
Regular user
everywhere
145 Posts

Profile of allan31
Hi !

I am a friend from Rémy (magiemry) and I would like to tell you Rémy is really a great guy ! He built everything by himself without the financially help of his family...and the girl is his girlfriend !!!

regards
allan
magicemry
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magicemry
Hello everybody , to begin many thanks for your positive or negative remarks. It comforts me to know that my work is appreciated by any of you, because it permits me to have some opinions of enthusiast of magic americans. America gave me the passion of magic and I do great illusions thanks to the Americans magicians. So, all your remarks motivate me.

But, I would like to make my remarks about some points.
Yes, unfortunately I´m young and I´ve got 22 years old but I seem to be 17 . It´s not easy for me to live it. In spite of the fact that I´m young, I did all my show by myself with the help of a friend who is welder . My parents have not paid my ilusions, my mother is teacher , my father is workman and I have got one brother ( one of my assitants with a mask who is 18 years old) and a sister who is 15 years old . All my family helped me by his affection since the beginning. I began the magic at 10 years old. Since the beginning I knew what I did. I studied arts and design as activities, and electronic and advertisement at school, Then, I learned carpentry and welding. When I got 20 years old and I didn´t find a job,I created a company of advertising (website, posters...), and of conception and building of illusions ( all the illusions are realised in 2D and 3D and are built when the custumer is agree ). My coñpany is in France ( center of Euope), it´s EMRY CREATION ( soon : emrycreation.com ). I didn´t want that all the people and the others magicians can think that it´s my parents that pay me all the show, but it arrived ..

About my style and my illusions, I´m fan of rock ( led zepplin, ACDC, Korn...) all these songs which make all of noises. I think that you can remark it particularly in the conception of our look , me and Margaux ( my girlfriend ) and the assistants. It was very important for me to give a manga and rock style to my assistants with the masks. Their masks are differents according to the emotions . For the illusions, I think that you have understood that I´m fan of Ayala and Brett Daniels. Ayala is for me very striking, has got beautiful designs and ideas .I don´t copy him I can explain it by saying this :
` In Music, a new rock group is inspired by the famous groups as the Rolling Stone, ACDC to compose . So, for me, it´s the same, , I´m inspired by the famous magicians to do my own show. ´

I hope that I´ve succeed in answering all your questions. Don´t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, it would be a pleasure to answer you. but with a little delay because I don´t speak english very well, and Margaux ( my girlfriend and assiatant who has got red hair speaks english , spanish, italian and french ) , and she is in Spain for 2 months ( she is studying international trade ), helps me to make the translations.

See you soon
Best regards ,
Rémy ( Emry )
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Emry, I thought your video looked very cool and your show looks awesome!

Keep up the good work.

:)

Johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of reedrc
Keep up the great work brother. Thanks for writing.
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed

Instagram
Facebook
magicemry
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magicemry
Many thanks for all your interest in my work . I really appreciate all your remarks, I have put for you a new video in you tube ,
friendly
rémy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_JvWmSGkGw
sethman
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of sethman
I enjoyed both of your videos, they looked great!
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of reedrc
I dig the sequence. Thanks for posting.
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed

Instagram
Facebook
Devingion
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Devingion
Quote:
On 2007-05-12 23:30, Magician of the century wrote:
His parents still probibly bought him all his stuff that just ****es me off. my parents never did that for me I work for my illusions. If mommy and daddy just buy you every thing that will teach you nothing.

Definitely a statement I hear often - and it's an argument that doesn't hold much weight at all. I know a couple of young kid's whose parents are some of the most wealthy in our city - and they fully support (both emotionally and financially) these two kids' magic and I can tell you - These two kids work EXTREMEMLY hard at what they do.

Do they get opportuities that others don't because of their parent's position? Yes. Is that a bad thing? No - not if they stay grounded.

Maybe you should find out who he is, and truly where he came from and how he got to where he is before jumping the gun like that. Then it won't reflect so poorly on you for making such an obviously jealous statement.
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of reedrc
Exactly. Thanks D.
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed

Instagram
Facebook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Wicked Illusionist... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL