The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Runaway Joker Review & US Source (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
Alakazam (in the UK) has a demo on Runaway Joker.

Is there an identical effect which goes by a different name, but is more readily available? (I can't find it through the usual US dealers) Effect: spectator signs face of chosen card from ribbon spread deck, deck is squared, turned over, spread face down, one card now has different colored back, turning over card reveals it's the signed card.

Does anyone have experience with this effect or one like it? Thanks for your response.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Kind of sounds like the " Dark Card " to me!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
I believe it is the Dark Card.

I have Runaway joker and let me say, this trick is a good one, provided that you can incorporate a fun story. The instructions give you well over 3 variations of the trick which is really good for those who have trouble with the actual presentation of the trick.

But I don't know, I guess it's just me, I didn't like any of the presentations, so I made up my own. It's equally as visual and works better for me.

They also give you wicked tips! One was how to actually MAKE the joker COME OFF the card and land in your hand. I choose to make it appear from an empty card box. I made the card box gimmick myself, where I can show the box empty, audience can see right to the end. They can shake the box and hear nothing. I don't load anything into the box, I just wave my hand over it and open the flap and there he is, I pour him out and that's it!

I think it's a real cute routine, the Joker vanished and appears printed on the signed card which the SPECTATOR lost in the deck and after that you make the Joker vanish off the signed card and appear in the card box which was already vouched to be empty!

That's how I present it, obviously, you may have your own variation, but to me I think this trick is really nice and it DOES put some smiles on people's faces. I must admit, I KNEW how this one worked, but I bought it anyway, and I don't regret it!

Rating: 9/10 (with regards to my presentation)

Cheers,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Runaway Joker Review & US Source (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL