The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best trick to do on a seconds notice? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Scanlon Magic & Illusion
View Profile
New user
Naperville, IL
13 Posts

Profile of Scanlon Magic & Illusion
I may be old school on this, but I still love Timothy Wenk's Misled. Granted I have to carry around a pencil, it still knocks em dead every time. Plus the gimick is easy to work making it easy to give out the pencil and bill to the spectators for examination. Simplistic effect that plays big.
Gabriel Knight
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Gabriel Knight
Impromptoo is the best, I have created many of my own effects or varations. I was most of the time Trapped at the moment and came up with a idea.
If you wear shoes, and someone has a ring, time for Ring and string. I got a huge group at KTV very worked up over this. It is really all about performing. What you use doesn't matter. STUCK is all performance and a coin, Prime example. Learn utility moves and you make things up very fast when you need to. Create a good coin routine of some type.

Since I spent a lot of time in asia, they have some of the best stuff laying around. Chopsticks, funky dishes, Little cups and a lot of people smoke still there. I created the PK wooden chopstick effect at a outside resturant in taiwan.

I use Coins, bills, Chop sticks, Rings, My shoelaces, My shoe, Markers, Pens, Wooden spoons, My belt, ear rings, LIGHTERS, people love fire, Napkins, Forks, spoons, salt, sugar, bottles. If cards are around I will use them, but most of them are super bad shape. Chinese beat the hell out of thier cards. I love the TT but I told myself a while back to not carry things, it pushes me to create. I have created 3 bill switches without the need of a TT and looks the same to lay people, combined with VISIbill, usually they are to stunded to even ask where it went.

If you gotta carry something, Carry a D'lite, you need just one blue and red, it sounds lame, but I tell you it hits some child buttons In all people. In a club I pulled a red light out of a girls red glowing Ring and she p**ped her pants. Her friend with a BLUE ring said "DO ME" can you imagine the fact you have a blue d'lite on you and you can do it. Matching the color the second time is even more amazing to laymen. Lights from Cellphones keybords also is cool. Most are blue.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Greg Wilson's "A Questionable Trick" has a lot going for it, given the parameters of the question. It uses a very small (3 coins) amount of pocket change that doesn't include even semi-unusual coins like silver dollars or halves, it's quick, it's visual, and it's in the spectator's hand. Score!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Quantum Bender.

I always have mine with me when
I leave the house.

Nez
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Coin To Key Transposition two everyday objects a Key & a Quarter & it fools them badly !
Tophatter.
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
1. fraud
2. one for the money
3. mental yarn
4. coin squeeze
Gabriel Knight
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Gabriel Knight
Quantum Bender??? I looked this up, it is a 600$ trick what the heck!!!!
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Haha...I have to agree with Gabriel. I could not do Quantum Bender on a seconds notice. It would take me a couple of weeks of saving up just to afford it!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I'm sure it has already been mentioned but I haven't waded through the other posts...for me, the best improptu trick I've come across in 20+ years is coin throgh soda can. It is just pure magic with no gimmicks. Truly a great creation.
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
Lonnie Chevrie's finger through a dollar bill works well as an impromptu quickie, but it takes some practice to perfect the handling.

Best regards,
Glenn Godsey
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
From Florida but all over US now....
294 Posts

Profile of donkeys and waffles
Quote:
On 2007-05-23 01:12, MagicSteve84 wrote:
Haha...I have to agree with Gabriel. I could not do Quantum Bender on a seconds notice. It would take me a couple of weeks of saving up just to afford it!

I guess if I had the Quantam Bender already, I would do it every chance I got. The reviews on it are sick. Show you a trick, oh ok, You have a nickel or a quarter, here sign it with this pen and then watch this. Strong stuff.
3 people can keep a secret if two of them are dead... Benjamin Franklin
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
Quote:
On 2007-05-11 21:50, DougNicols wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-11 20:51, DaveM wrote:
Hundy 500

You carry $505 with you everywhere?

I do. Best investment I've ever made. People cant stop talking about it.
DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
788 Posts

Profile of DaveM
Quote:
On 2007-05-26 21:11, discjockey wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-11 21:50, DougNicols wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-11 20:51, DaveM wrote:
Hundy 500

You carry $505 with you everywhere?

I do. Best investment I've ever made. People cant stop talking about it.

Actually Doug....it's a $606 gimmick Smile

NEVER fails to floor the specs.........

I also have a "cheaper" gimmick utilizing $20's that I carry around as well.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-05-11 10:56, vinsmagic wrote:
TOOTING MY OWN HORN Breakaway bracelet you put a rubberband around a spectators wrist then is a flash you break the band off the wrist and of course the band is un harmmed
vinny

I agree Vinny! Start off witrh this then onto crazy man's handcuffs. I think rubberband magic is so powerful because spectators can keep the bands and they are so common.

Vinny's breakaway bracelet is really strong and dead easy.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
Osterlinds Watch Routine. Impromptu and so hard hitting.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
I always have a TT loaded for a bill switch & a B"Wave in my wallet
which always gets a great reaction & can be done surrounded & at a moments notice as you know!!
daniel_lachman
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of daniel_lachman
Color Monte is great, but you should also learn Greg Wilson's "Recapped" routine on his On the Spot DVD. It's impromtu and can be done with any Bic or Papermate roundstick pen.
Random_Hajile
View Profile
New user
Xi'an, China & London, England
35 Posts

Profile of Random_Hajile
Personally, Finger Fantasies (Meir Yedid) is a good one. But very angle-y... pick your spectators well...
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2007-05-11 10:56, vinsmagic wrote:
TOOTING MY OWN HORN Breakaway bracelet you put a rubberband around a spectators wrist then is a flash you break the band off the wrist and of course the band is un harmmed
vinny

wish I knew that one
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Profile of Justin Impossible
Business Cards and Hundy 500

You give them a card and tell them how you can make them more money! Done Deal!

Peace
J
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com
www.facebook.com/magicianjustinimpossible

A pretty assistant is the most effective form of misdirection.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best trick to do on a seconds notice? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL