The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Anyone twist in the hospitals? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
Is this allowed? Anyone do this for free just for smiles?
True illusionists strive to decieve the eye AND the mind.....
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I probably wouldn't, just due to the possibilty of latex allergies. After twisting professionally for 12 years, I've only run into one woman with an allergy, and she shows up in one of my restaurants occasionally. Some schools don't even allow latex balloons on the grounds at all due to this.

Steve
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
There are big signs on the doors of a hospital near my house that say No Latex Balloons (among other things like guns, cell phones, smoking, etc...) I'm guessing it's because people were bringing in latex helium balloons for loved ones and that latex allergies, like Steve pointed out, were the root cause of the banishment.

I've run into 2 latex allergic people while performing. One was at a restaurant, and the other was at a birthday party. Both said that being near latex was as toxic for them as bee stings are for others with bee sting allergies. So...that's pretty bad.

Sorry to 'burst your bubble'...ha, ha, hee, err, ahem. Anywho
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
If you pulverize peanuts and put the dust in the balloon will that negate the allergy to latex?
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
Eh, I'll just stick to magic there then Smile
True illusionists strive to decieve the eye AND the mind.....
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
What is the problem? If they are allergic to the same extent as people are to bee stings .........

The simple answer is

1) Don’t use bee body balloons (no bee body no bee sting ergo no problem).
2) We all know that people who are allergic to bees need to be stung - then the poison is injected in to the skin. So don't MAKE ANY sharp balloon objects (no swords, knives, dinosaur teeth and definitely no hypodermic needles!) therefore the person wont get cut and no problem!

Or have I missed the point of the latex allergy bit?

Does any one feel like hospitals are going OTT to protect themselves from being sued - just in case?

A friend of mine used to go in to hospitals in the USA (he lives in Pennsylvania some where). Not sure if he still does it. I will drop him a line.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Anyone twist in the hospitals? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL