The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Party animal dvd review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
Thanks Cameron...glad you're enjoying it!
Matthew
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1487 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
That "Card Under Drink/Card At Any Number" is brilliant. It's a good trick to work on your TC if your nervous. The built-in misdirection is extremely strong.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Great, Great DVD. I have watched it at least 3 times in the last few days. Matthew has great ideas and also a wonderful teacher. Keep up the great work!
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1018 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Matthew- being able to get multiple spectators involved in an effect is something I like to do when possible, so that I'm very much looking forward to your effects with multiple card selections. In crowded and loud environments, having only one spectator involved can lead to unwanted distractions. For example, I'm thinking of one of the segments you did on Party Animal, where two of the women at the table not involved were chatting away with each other. I'm glad you did not edit that out, as many would have, so that I could see how you handled this real world situation.

John
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 14:59, jonnyboy wrote:
Matthew- being able to get multiple spectators involved in an effect is something I like to do when possible, so that I'm very much looking forward to your effects with multiple card selections. In crowded and loud environments, having only one spectator involved can lead to unwanted distractions. For example, I'm thinking of one of the segments you did on Party Animal, where two of the women at the table not involved were chatting away with each other. I'm glad you did not edit that out, as many would have, so that I could see how you handled this real world situation.

John

Great example. Its great to see when you don't get the typical situations. I wish more magi's would show some of the really tough situations to see how they handle it.

Vic
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Yeah a muliple selction would be great t00!
mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
Hi Everyone,

I know there hasn't been any action on this thread for a while but I just thought I'd let you know that I'm selling my lecture notes online now if anyone is interested. There are brand new effects plus hints and tips on getting a residency, building a crowd at trade shows and also getting the best possible reaction.

If you're interested please PM me and I'll give you all the details.

All the best

Matthew
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
Quote:
On 2008-06-09 03:00, mjdowden wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I know there hasn't been any action on this thread for a while but I just thought I'd let you know that I'm selling my lecture notes online now if anyone is interested. There are brand new effects plus hints and tips on getting a residency, building a crowd at trade shows and also getting the best possible reaction.

If you're interested please PM me and I'll give you all the details.

All the best

Matthew

Oooh... Sounds purty. PM'd ya. Are all these categories in one lot of lecture notes, or as separate entities?
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 13:04, ixnay66 wrote:
That "Card Under Drink/Card At Any Number" is brilliant. It's a good trick to work on your TC if your nervous. The built-in misdirection is extremely strong.

It is brillaint. Thw whole DVD set is like that.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi All,

Found this thread and thought I would throw in my two cents!

I lectured in Newcastle earlier this year and had the pleasure of meeting Matthew! What a great guy, great magician and incredible ladies man! Matthew and I swapped DVD's and I brought "Party animal" back to Canada and watched it....I loved it! Great magic performed by a charismatic performer.

Matthew also showed me and my good English buddy Steve, the sights of Newcastle (you know what I am talking about buddy ;o)

I give this DVD my highest recommendation!

MJ
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2253 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I agree.

This DVD is top notch from a true worker.

Thanks

alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
mrdane
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento / San Francisco
191 Posts

Profile of mrdane
I'd also like to point out the wonderful structure of the DVD where sleights are taught in detail even though Matt goes over them briefly during the teaching of full routines. Hey Matt! That'd be a good concept to include in your future releases as well.

-Dane
"The Great Danedini"
www.DaneDini.com
@DaneDini
MagicOfT
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
141 Posts

Profile of MagicOfT
All the effects are great, the dvd is superb, and you can see that Mr.Dowden is a worker. I only wished he would have given a performance of the card through anything. Another issue I had was that there was only one effect I would remotely call a closer ,the birthday card trick. Also a lot of the effects ended with a deck vanish, which is not bad but I would of loved to see more variety. EDV is great though.
giobbi1
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of giobbi1
Are these still available and from who? Thanks
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-07-30 13:53, giobbi1 wrote:
Are these still available and from who? Thanks

Angie over at TOPS MAGIC will fix you up ( and free shipping )
PARTY ANIMAL

bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1615 Posts

Profile of bugjack
For those who want to sample this DVD, there's one trick from it on the Alakazam sampler included in this month's Genii Magazine.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-07-30 16:42, bugjack wrote:
For those who want to sample this DVD, there's one trick from it on the Alakazam sampler included in this month's Genii Magazine.

Which effect did they feature?

giobbi1
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of giobbi1
Thanks Christopher
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1615 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Quote:
On 2008-07-30 17:33, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-07-30 16:42, bugjack wrote:

Which effect did they feature?

I believe it's called MFT -- it's a sort of magician-in-trouble/moving signature piece.
mrdane
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento / San Francisco
191 Posts

Profile of mrdane
MST (My Signature Transfer) great opener!
"The Great Danedini"
www.DaneDini.com
@DaneDini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Party animal dvd review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL