We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Ultimate Bill Switch Kit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lubdub
View Profile
Regular user
bloomsburg, pa
107 Posts

Profile of lubdub
Is it worth to get? And does it come with a "mismade bill"?

I already do the switch but I would enjoy the novelty bills it comes with. Does anyone have info on what bills are supplied? And does it use the same switch(100 dollar bill switch)?

Thank you,
Jordan
only a magician can play a liar but then all magicians are liars
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1186 Posts

Profile of Salby
Where is this advertisement, Jordan??
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
lubdub
View Profile
Regular user
bloomsburg, pa
107 Posts

Profile of lubdub
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=2403

The Effect
The Ultimate Bill Switch Kit by Jay Sankey The Bill Switch is a staple in the magic arsenal of magicians the world over. The transformation is beautiful, but many of the standard routines tend to be flawed. Typically, immediately following the magical transformation of a to 0 or after turning a bill "inside out" you must change the bill back again, but why?....Jay Sankey has taken on the challenge and created the Ultimate Bill Switch Kit. You`ll become a mental marvel as you visually bend the image of a spoon, openly transform a group of cards into a single selected card, and Superman will have nothing on you as you squeeze a lump of coal into a diamond!The Ultimate Bill Switch Kit contains generously illustrated instructions for all three amazing routines and six "bills" custom printed on super strong Tyvek paper-virtually impossible to rip or tear!
DanielSkahen
View Profile
New user
NY
63 Posts

Profile of DanielSkahen
Jay Sankey's creativity has been an enormous contribution to the $100 Bill Switch. The problem is, I feel that there are so many superior alternatives to a sleight that, frankly, Sankey overrates.
- Dan Skahen
lubdub
View Profile
Regular user
bloomsburg, pa
107 Posts

Profile of lubdub
But I mainly want to know what "bills' it is supplied with...b/c I don't want to spend 13.00 on a mismade bill(i have one, but it's starting to wear out and the tyvek paper sounds really good).
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
I have this in my drawer, as far as I can remember there is no bill included with the kit. IMO the main feature with this kit is Jay's idea on the bill switch, wich is great. If you are looking for a new bill switch method and/or gimmick bills, I don't think this is for you.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Uh, this is what the blurb for the effect says, as shown above:

Quote:
The Ultimate Bill Switch Kit contains generously illustrated instructions for all three amazing routines and six "bills" custom printed on super strong Tyvek paper-virtually impossible to rip or tear!

So you DO get bills. Six of them to be exact. But the question lubdub asked is whether or not the standard mismade bill is one of them.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Yes six "Bills", what I can remember is six Tyvek paper cut in bill size with printing that does not look like bill at all. And as far as I can remember there is no standard mismade bill in it, but I can be wrong... so I'll check it later in my drawer and confirm it tomorrow. Beside the "bills" the kit also include a standard Vernet TT. Jay's technique in bill switch using TT is one of the best.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
His new dvd "Hundred Dollar Miracles" covers almost every routine he's conceieved using the bill switch. Probably better value for your money (it's got some excellent ideas on it). And I peronally love the classic switch. Don't think it's over rated at all.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Hi guys,
I can asure you that the kit does not contain missmade bill or any other things that look like bill (except for the size). I second Cameron's suggestion to buy the DVD instead of this kit.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
omnibozo
View Profile
Regular user
Boulder, CO
151 Posts

Profile of omnibozo
I'd skip this one entirely and buy Atomic Bills from John T. Sheets... at johntsheets.com

His version uses two BORROWED bills... that can be signed and returned at the end... and you end totally clean.

This is one of two effects I NEVER leave home without (and I have had magicians check me on this!). I must do this 50 times a week. (The other trick is Quantum Bender 2.0... also by John.)
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
The new issue of MUM has a great bill switch, and it's easy. I practiced it for all of fifteen minutes and then showed it to my wife. Fooled her completely, and she's usually pretty tuned into sleights.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
Skip The Ultimate Bill Switch Kit. I was very disappointed when I received it.
kiteshark
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of kiteshark
The cheapest mismade bills are made at home. You can buy full sheets from the Bureau of Engraving at http://www.bep.treas.gov/store/

It'll take an investment but you'll have mismade bills for life at just a couple of bucks a piece. Plus you can make lots of other versions. There are good discussions of possible effects in the book Switch.

One that I do that I've never seen in print is to tear out a mismade bill instead of cutting it. Borrow a bill and openly tear it into four pieces. Stack the pieces and fold them up, switching for the mis-torn bill. Unfold to quarter size. Talk about how you've restored the bill. But the spectators still see the torn edges. Continue the unfold and you have a real oddity. I keep a second tip with a normal bill, switch tips and repeat the fold. "Repairing" the mis-torn bill. Otherwise the spectator wants to keep the mis-torn bill.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Ultimate Bill Switch Kit (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL