The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Believe" by Aaron DeLong (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Aaron DeLong
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
278 Posts

Profile of Aaron DeLong
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to make an announcement that Believe will finally be available on July 1st. Orders will be taken on June 1st and the first 100 orders will receive a FREE copy of BJ's Phone Trick, a $15 value, which will also be available for purchase in July. All orders received in June will be shipped July 1st.

Please, no orders here on the Café. Visit http://www.tru-magic.com to order your copy on June 1st. The cost is $40 and shipping is on me. International shipping is $5.

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong

P.S. - Here's the link to the original thread that got locked down a few months ago
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
Michael Ammar will one day cure all known diseases as a kicker to his coins across routine.

Get the facts! Visit www.AmmarFacts.com!
www.tru-magic.com
www.doubledtour.com
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
779 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Aaron,

I must say I fell in love with this effect the first time I ever saw it performed.

Congratulations and best of luck with your release.

All the best,

Nick Verna
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1615 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Is this a limited edition?
Amade3us
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
139 Posts

Profile of Amade3us
Lol. Nice one bugjack.
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Yes, he says first 100 in the post.
I definitely need to hop on this bandwagon.
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Quote:
On 2007-05-13 13:15, KMan1564 wrote:
Yes, he says first 100 in the post.
I definitely need to hop on this bandwagon.

Looks unlimited to me. The *first* 100 get a bonus item, which means there will be a second 100, third 100, etc. There's no mention of release limitations.
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
But what, I thought this was only released for 100 people, no more? It loses its "specialness" now right?
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
It doesn't lose it's specialness, just more people can now experience this. The 100 limit was on it's original release and it was always known it was going to be released at a later point. I was one of those who got this first time round and am more than happy for it to now be released to all, it is a very strong effect and one I'm sure you'll like.
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
"The reason for exclusiveness? I only wanted true performers to get their hands on this piece, not merely the curious. I will not apologize for the price. You will slay audiences with this effect. My word is my bond and I will not release anymore than 100. Besides, they take a really long time to make and I have no desire to make more than 100."

Okay, whatever you say.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
$$$$ > Specialness
Amade3us
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
139 Posts

Profile of Amade3us
I would love to have this effect, but refuse to support a creator that so openly goes back on his "bond."

If I was one of the original 100 I would be beyond upset.

-Dustin
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Yeah but I think I know the reasoning for releasing it now, and it has to do with it being pirated etc
Eric Gretencord
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
158 Posts

Profile of Eric Gretencord
Quote:
On 2007-05-13 14:14, Y2John wrote:
The 100 limit was on it's original release and it was always known it was going to be released at a later point.

Sorry, but that's simply not true. I just can't believe that it will cost less than the original release and with a bonus for the first 100 who order. What about the first 100 (minus the pirates) who stayed tru to their end of the deal?
He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
-M. C. Escher
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
True, I would love to havea bonus for originally purchasing it and staying tru to my end of the deal, I can't argue with that. I also agree about the cost.
It was said though that it would get a release at a later point (I think it was 2 years or so down the line). Maybe my first post didn't properly get across my complete feelings on this, but I don't have a problem with it getting a release as that means that those who missed out or would like to perform this can. I completely understand your points though.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2785 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I say release it $15 more than the original price. that way it's compromising that it's been released way sooner than it should of. get it sooner=paying more money, then with the extra money, the origina 100 people split the difference and pocket the cash as compensation Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Ha ha that would be great.
Aaron DeLong
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
278 Posts

Profile of Aaron DeLong
Y2John,

I put up a post right here on the Café and on Secretcenter.info that a trade in would be allowed. I posted that back in February. The cut off date for that is May 15th.

To everyone else,

The cost is lower because I am not making the gimmicks this time around. I give a step by step tutorial on how to make it. It is simple to make.

As far as my word being my bond - I gave my word based on an exclusivity arrangement. One or more of the purchasers broke their word and began pirating my work. I determined that since it is being passed around for free that people might as well be able to get it from the originator of the effect and support the creator of it rather than steal it. I feel this only fair since I poured my blood sweat and tears into it. Unfortunately, being new to the sales of magic merchandise, I didn't think to create a non-disclosure contract like Bob Kohler did. Either way, I am doing what I feel is right.

I determined this back in November/December of last year and decided that I owed a full year of exclusivity to my customers. I have honored at least that.

I know I am under scrutiny and if you choose not to buy from me, I will certainly understand. I am ok with you not understanding why I changed my mind. You don't know all that went into the releasing of Believe the first time around.

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong
Michael Ammar will one day cure all known diseases as a kicker to his coins across routine.

Get the facts! Visit www.AmmarFacts.com!
www.tru-magic.com
www.doubledtour.com
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Trade in?

That is the reason I thought was behind you releasing this earlier.

This really is a great effect!
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of jimesw
I can't see the link on the website to buy it?
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
So any "exclusive" releases only remain exclusive if not uploaded to any pirated sites. Interesting concept.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Believe" by Aaron DeLong (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL