The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Resurrection : Haunted Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shooting_rubber
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of shooting_rubber
Hello Everyone,

Here is my invented haunted deck routine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtCr130eVtg

Brenden.
BlackDove
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of BlackDove
I really like this effect Brenden. It's very simple, and looks great.
Keep up the good work!

||Peace?||
Brian S. Tanner
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Brian S. Tanner
A good performance.

Two things though.

1). After the card was selected, there was a little too much deck handling. It would be best to remove a card, show it , replace it, and maybe a shuffle. It just seemed like too long a period between the card's removal and replacement.

2). The cut away at 1:43 does not enhance the performance at all. In fact, it makes it look like you have to "undo" something to show the face of the card.

FWIW,
Brian
Judge:How do you plead?
<BR>Defendant:I plead insanity.
<BR>Judge:Insanity?
<BR>Defendant:Yep. I'm just crazy about that stuff!
shooting_rubber
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Yeah, thanks for the compliments about my effect and about the 1:43 thing, you don't have to undo anything.

//Brenden
shooting_rubber
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

If anyone is interested in this its available at http://www.bpmagic.co.nr
The Hitchhiker
View Profile
Regular user
England
150 Posts

Profile of The Hitchhiker
If as you say there really is nothing to see at 1:30 and 1:43 I would remake the video, it attracts suspicion, and as you are selling this effect it could be costly.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I decided to go ahead and purchase this and my first impressions are mixed.
On the one hand it's a totally impromptu haunted deck that has a nice visual to it, but on the other I don't think it will work 100% every time. At the moment I can't say for sure as ive only just got it, but I feel their is a reason for the demo vid cutting away with sfx. Also the price is $18 which I think is a little high considering for roughly the same price you can get Connected, Show no mercy, Magic in the real world (which contains a pretty decent haunted deck) etc, all of which contain a lot of decent material. Well accept Connected, that's a single effect but is on a whole other level.
Anyway, this is just my first impressions and I'm not writing it off as it does look good and I have not really put the time in yet. I'll get back with a review once ive played around with it.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Just thought I'd add that what is edited out with sfx is more removed to protect the method, not to hide some strange looking handling. To the specs it'd look fine, but we would pick up on something.
krisnevling
View Profile
Regular user
clearfield, pa
137 Posts

Profile of krisnevling
The trick is similar to Darren Browns impromtu haunted deck in his book pure effect. I also am having trouble believing that the spectator shuffles the deck because in your demo you can obviously see the control of the card. Nothing much new with this method.
I am 27 years old and have been performing magic for 12 years. My main interest is in card magic, but I love all aspects of it. I love to discuss magic with anyone. Feel free to email me anytime.
shooting_rubber
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-05-20 19:09, Y2John wrote:
I decided to go ahead and purchase this and my first impressions are mixed.
On the one hand it's a totally impromptu haunted deck that has a nice visual to it, but on the other I don't think it will work 100% every time. At the moment I can't say for sure as ive only just got it, but I feel their is a reason for the demo vid cutting away with sfx. Also the price is $18 which I think is a little high considering for roughly the same price you can get Connected, Show no mercy, Magic in the real world (which contains a pretty decent haunted deck) etc, all of which contain a lot of decent material. Well accept Connected, that's a single effect but is on a whole other level.
Anyway, this is just my first impressions and I'm not writing it off as it does look good and I have not really put the time in yet. I'll get back with a review once ive played around with it.

Ok, I know what you mean by it won't work 100 percent of the time, but with enough practice it will work 100 percent of the time. I get it to work that much and I hope you do to.

Brenden.
Hay Harrey
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Hay Harrey
First of all, this trick does not belong to you and you should not be selling it. It is an effect by Aaron DeLong.

I saw this over a year ago right here on the Café. I went back and checked and sure enough, it is there. He posted the vid a long time ago and it looks just like this one without any editing. The link to the vid is no longer good, but the thread exists.

Also, as an Antinomy subscriber, Aaron just released this in issue 9 under the name of Cataclysmic. It is the same effect with a different switch at the end.

Shame on you for not doing your homework before selling an effect. An even more shame on you because you probably ripped this off of his videos that are all over YouTube.

For Shame,
Harrey Hay
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I used to do that with salt.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Aaron DeLong
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
278 Posts

Profile of Aaron DeLong
I just wanted to chime in here and let you know that Brenden has contacted me and agreed to remove his item for sale. He still believes it to be his own creation, but I doubt the validity of that.

I released a video over a year ago here on the Café through youtube. I just took the video off of Youtube because I recently published the effect in Antinomy and the ending looks different than the original way I performed it on tape.

At any rate, he is doing the right thing by not selling it at his site - although the video, description and link are still there - it doesn't seem you can buy it though. I would really like to see it all gone so I know he isn't going to sell it.

If you like the effect, do yourselves a favor and pick up Antinomy Issue 9 for $20 and get way more than the one effect Brenden has been peddling.

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong
Michael Ammar will one day cure all known diseases as a kicker to his coins across routine.

Get the facts! Visit www.AmmarFacts.com!
www.tru-magic.com
www.doubledtour.com
shooting_rubber
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Ok Aaron, I have done as you asked and removed everything from my site. I even deleted the site and the video off of my website. But, no I do not believe it to my creation

Brenden.
shooting_rubber
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-05-21 17:49, Hay Harrey wrote:
First of all, this trick does not belong to you and you should not be selling it. It is an effect by Aaron DeLong.

I saw this over a year ago right here on the Café. I went back and checked and sure enough, it is there. He posted the vid a long time ago and it looks just like this one without any editing. The link to the vid is no longer good, but the thread exists.

Also, as an Antinomy subscriber, Aaron just released this in issue 9 under the name of Cataclysmic. It is the same effect with a different switch at the end.

Shame on you for not doing your homework before selling an effect. An even more shame on you because you probably ripped this off of his videos that are all over YouTube.

For Shame,
Harrey Hay

One thing, I have never seen a video of Aaron Long's before in my life. I found out that it was unoriginal by contacting Daniel Garcia and he nicely informed me, and I respectfully took it down, refunded everyone's money. Please don't accuse me of ripping off his videos when I didn't.

Brenden.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Resurrection : Haunted Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL