The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Doc's Corny Magic Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Doc Ain't Playing With A Full Deck

I do this trick when I'm just having fun...I tell my friends that I used to be a magician but I'm a gambler now and I'm not as good as I used to be so when I try to make their card disappear, I....you'll understand once you see the video.

Note: This was never intended to be a trick nor posted but my hustling friends like it. Layman like anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOLPCM6Xiwo

Doc
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
You so funny!

I didn't see it coming. My only suggestion, being a silly magi who worries about effect, would be to emphasize that the CARD is going to disappear OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Tell them to pick a card and remember it, because soon it will disappear. Make sure I really put it in the deck, because soon it will disappear. If I give it a few cuts, it's happened, you card has disappeared(spec relaxes). Not only that, but the whole deck went with it!

Your friend,
Ben
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ĺland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Hehe good 1 doc. you got me =)

Kim
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
It's nice doc. Can it be used for cold decks, for ditching deck? Because it would be really good, can be even used for playing on street. I remember reading some old posts where you wrote some stuff about using Sylvester's Jacketless Topit, and this came to my mind when I saw this.
Pavlo
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Pavloter everything you just stated is correct, this is why I stop using the Sylvester's Jacketless Topit along time ago along with my servant, but if it wasn't for this prop I would have never came up with this idea.

Pavloter regarding your other question. Why would you ask me a question like would it be good for deck switching when you know I wouldn't have invented it if I wasn't a Cold Decker? I am proud of you though for remembering my other post about the Jacketless Topit because this is connected to that and because you've read between the lines you've solved one of my many puzzles that I have posted on line that my other students never figured out as of yet.

When you read between the lines, this is how many problems are solved. Is this not how I solved the Dad Steven's Cull Control. I listened to the exact words Dai Vernon said (on the Revelations DVD) about his encounter with Dad Stevens and put two and two together and came up with the Doc/Steven's Control.

Keep up the good work Pavloter. This student deserves an A+ because he have studied his notes and have finally put two and two together. This is how genius' are made...by studying, reading with comprehension and seeing.

I'm definitely glad to see my student's graduating and moving on in life.

Note: Don't think that any of you can PM me and ask me to teach you and I will because I won't. This stuff is not just given out to be given, you have to search for knowledge like hidden treasures and ONLY THEN will you achieve your goal. All I'm doing is placing clues along the road to guide you in the right direction if you're really serious about doing this.

MagicKim and all the rest of my students....you know who you are. You all excel in different areas making these particular things your specialty even doing them way better than your teacher of which I'm proud of. Even though ya'll are becoming the superstars of tomorrow your coach will always be recognized right along with you.

Take Care

Doc
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15809 Posts

Profile of tommy
That was wonderful Doc. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
That was good Doc. And funny too. Reminds me of something we talked about recently.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1253 Posts

Profile of splice
This looked great, Doc. Looks very smooth, and now some of us have entertaining breadcrumbs to follow. It still amazes me how much information is out there already in all of these old threads (and the new ones!). Thanks for everything, I mean it.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Doc, that was fantastic to watch. I was surprised at the end!
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
I was leading ya'll into another direction with my words...this is essential when doing magic tricks. I learned this by watching an old show that used to come on TV by the name of "Bewitched". Aunt Dora, I believe her name was, always messed up her spells because she couldn't remember them because she was getting old; so by saying I used to be a magician and I'm not as good as I used to be give good reason for my mistake in vanishing the whole deck instead of just his 1 card. This is why at the end of the trick I said Ooops I messed up again, I told you that I wasn't good as I used to be.

Everyone thanks for writing and your nice comments. I guess I'm still a magician at heart.

Take Care

Your Friend and Partner in Crime

Doc
Jeremy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Brown
Its hard to not share at least a few secrets with the world ey doc?
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
I don't know what you're talking about. This is a trick that I've shown to my gambling friends for years now. Is the student correcting the teacher or is it that since the student knows a little more now like the rest of the best in the country that he wants the Doc to shut up.

Please clarify, because if it wasn't for things such as this (triggering the brain) a particular student would have never been where he is now.

P.S. You see why a little knowledge is dangerous to those who know. One student compliments while the other belittles. Having an ability with no right understanding or wisdom still show lacking in particular areas.

Doc
Jeremy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Brown
If a teacher wants to show somthing great for his students to scratch their heads over, great. I call this a normal thing between fellow magicians.

What I meant was from my viewpoint(a former magicians viewpoint) it still feels good to be able to amaze people with somthing I created.
Andrei
View Profile
Veteran user
Romania
353 Posts

Profile of Andrei
And, perhaps most importantly, because this is out, something else must be in. Something better, slicker, safer, easier.

Andrei
Jeremy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Brown
It doesn't bother me at all that you show this, because it is not my invention.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Jeremy first off if this was my invention and I told it to you, you would have unknowingly let it out already by saying it. This is not my invention because magicians have been using what gamblers call dice pants before I was born. Magicians use these pants to make certain tricks disappear while on stage and gamblers use it to make dice disappear etc.

Readers...All of my best students have posted in this thread except one and he was already an expert when I met him.

These are the New Best of The Best

Take Care

Doc
C. Loubard
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of C. Loubard
That was great DOC! Very smooth and unassuming. Your rhythm and timing was very natural. I can only imagine how devastating it is when used at what you know best.

C. Loubard
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
My last student has finally showed up. Now that all of my best of the best students are here even though some of you were experts at what you do when I met you, it has been an honor working and learning from you. On a serious note, God forbid if something ever happens to me you all know who to contact in order to better your skills in other areas where you are not so great at.

C. Loubard thank you for the compliment especially coming from you because your naturalness in the things that you do is just as great.

May the Lord bless all of you and your families.

Sincerely

Your Teacher and Friend

Docholiday
C. Loubard
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of C. Loubard
Thanks Doc, I appreciate it.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Well done... a true thing of beauty.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Doc's Corny Magic Trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL