The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sealed in - Alex Ward - Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
Good evening haywire.
Just so I am clear on this. You have purchased this effect and watched the DVD? I have already ordered this. I have not received it yet.
For me, I believe it is advantageous to learn multiple ways of doing an effect. When the right situation presents itself, do what you can.
I am not a worker. I can pick an choose when I perform. Perhaps that is why I think the way I do.
JPK
John Kardel
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
So, Haywire, I take it you didn't like it? LOL
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
I personally like the effect. But then again, I am not a street magician. The DVD was enjoyable, and well explained. Although, they could have zoomed in now and again for some closeups. I came up with an alternate way to get the coin in the bottle. My method uses two bottles, but its so much easier.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
ALCON,
Thanks for your honesty.
Why is this labeled as street magic when obviously from previous reviews the less people the better?
In the real world, when performing in the streets you'll most likely be performing for a large crowds.
Does the DVD offer a full workable solution when more than often those times you find yourself completely surrounded?
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
This sounds like a rather limited effect.
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Alright well.

After I had read all this topic, I decided my self to buy the DVD, and get my own opinion.

In a few words this is what I can say :

I LOVE IT.
I USE IT.

The effect is a classic effect: a coin penetration. BUT, it is brought to modern days, for is a coin penetration in a SEALED FILLED BOTLE.

The effect teach you a totally NEW CONCEPT, When I saw the DVD, and I learned this new concept, I was already brainstorming, and comming up with a few more ideas, and even a new effect based on this concept.

Now, as I can see most of you are concerned about angles, well let me tell you this: ANGLES ARE NOT A PROBLEM. YES I MEAN IT, THEY ARE NOT. Is not that this is not angle sensitive, is that you have more good angles than bad ones, and you can make your bad angles descrease by ussing some techniques. On the DVD, they advice you this is an effect that you could do only for two or three persons infront of you, but they also tell you what to do in a situtation where more people join your spectators to watch you doing some magic (in this case performing SEALED IN), this are basic audience managment techniques what they explain, But even if you don't feel confortable by ussing audience managment, you can EASILY think of several ways on how to do it with several people near from you.

The set up, is so easy, so cleaver, you just can't ask any more.

So far I HAVN'T FOUND ANY BOTTLE, that can't be used to perform SEALED IN. You may have to change a little the handling according with the bottle you are ussing, but as I said I HAVN'T FOUND ANY uncompatible BOTTLE for SEALED IN.

I have liked this effect SO MUCH, that I have decided to use it for the second chapter of my tv show on October.

The method is very cleaver, the concept is new, the angles might be restricted only by your experience and/or skills.

So, if what you are asking before buying this effect is : is it really practical?? is it for real world? etc, etc. THE ANSWER IS YES, so much that I already shooted it for TV (with several spectators) , and it will go on air by October.

So guys, make you a favor: BUY IT, GET IT, WATCH IT, THINK, RE- THINK, RE-WATCH IT, PERFORM.

If you already have SEALED IN, and think this is not a workable effect, I cant do more than to disagree with you. However if any advice from me might be help ful, please pm me.

Magically yours

Néfesch
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Nefesch,

Correction, the concept for a coin through factory sealed bottle is not new.
Nick Verna has been doing his signature routine "Factory Sealed" for years.

Matthew Mello
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:
On 2007-06-20 15:50, matthewmello wrote:
Nefesch, the concept for a coin through factory sealed bottle is not new.
Nick Verna has been doing his signature routine "Factory Sealed" for years.

Matthew Mello

Mathew when I say that there is a NEW CONCEPT involved, I AM NOT REFERING to the concept for a coin throuth factory sealed bottle, but that they explain in the dvd a new concept, If you are a Sealed in owner, I think you know what I am talking about. And by the way this new concept is NOT ABOUT how to put something inside a botle without hurting the cap. IF you don't know what I am talking about, you might pm me.

Néfesch
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Nefesch...I wasn't talking about the method. I was stating the concept of a coin going into a FACTORY SEALED bottle.

Believe me I've seen it years ago, much much more visual than this.

Matthew Mello
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:
On 2007-06-20 16:13, matthewmello wrote:
Nefesch...I wasn't talking about the method. I was stating the concept of a coin going into a FACTORY SEALED bottle.

Believe me I've seen it years ago, much much more visual than this.

Matthew Mello

Great to hear that Matthew, then I think we both agree.

Of course the EFFECT is not new, as I said: this is a CLASSIC EFFECT, brougt to modern days Smile.

So having that clear, I think we are set. Smile
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Quote:
On 2007-05-13 20:17, Christopher Williams wrote:

Now, to conclude a little. The main effect is angley, ... your angles are limited, this is not what you are going to do walk around, table to table, surrounded etc, but one on one, in front of you etc

I think I'll go with what others have said about the angle problem.

Quote:
On 2007-06-20 15:34, Néfesch wrote:
I already shooted it for TV

Thanks for your post, but I am a worker and TV magic doesn't cut it for me.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Mr Mellow,

I have heard so much about Nicks version on this site. Yet to my knowlege no release date, video or description have been posted?

I am really looking forward to seeing Nick Verna's version. By the way it's being hyped I should think it will put all other CIB's to bed!

I for one can't wait to see it.

Peter
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2007-06-20 16:34, gmmagic124 wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-13 20:17, Christopher Williams wrote:

Now, to conclude a little. The main effect is angley, ... your angles are limited, this is not what you are going to do walk around, table to table, surrounded etc, but one on one, in front of you etc

I think I'll go with what others have said about the angle problem.

Quote:
On 2007-06-20 15:34, Néfesch wrote:
I already shooted it for TV

Thanks for your post, but I am a worker and TV magic doesn't cut it for me.

Though what I have said is true, I still agree with Néfesch says about this, I love it still, and have performed it a lot, even with people on the worst side of me. I wasn't performing to them, but they eventually saw something was going on, and wanted to see. And do you know what they did? They moved. They moved to where the others were watching from so they could see what they were seeing. And even though they had seen the worst angle, then moved, they still gave an awesome reaction and said 'How the?!?!'

Don't underestimate this!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Quote:
On 2007-05-24 13:15, ChristopherM wrote:

Quote:
On 2007-06-20 16:42, Christopher Williams wrote:
but they eventually saw something was going on,

Eventually?

So you can't show everyone the full effect from beginning to end?
That's kinda odd.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

You mis-understood my post. I was performing to a group, and was showing THIS group Sealed In. Whilst I was performing the effect, people from the sides who I was unaware that were watching moved to see the effect better. I saw them coming into view as they moved around. I wasn't going to start the whole effect again just for these people, as then I would have just wasted the people who were watching originallys time. For example, I would do..Dean Dill's Explosion, then if some people came along as I had produced 8 coins, I wouldn't go back to four...to produce 16, they would just have to watch the 8 multiply into 16.
www.magicman13.co.uk

gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Dean Dills explosion?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

www.magicman13.co.uk

BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Quote:
On 2007-06-20 16:49, gmmagic124 wrote:
So you can't show everyone the full effect from beginning to end?
That's kinda odd.

No, you cannot. I broke down and purchased this DVD to give it a second look.
You can't comfortably perform the full effect from beginning to end with a lot of people around you.

Quote:
On 2007-05-19 14:18, haywire wrote:
*The ONLY visual thing I found about this is the 'aftermath,' which to me does not qualify as "magical" because I didn't get any real sense of astonishment during the performance.

*You don't really see anything until the last minute.

That's true.
I was hoping for something more visual.

Quote:
On 2007-05-24 13:15, ChristopherM wrote:

To be fair and totally honest it does have its limitations and does not meet my expectations for street magic.
It is just way too angly.

Quote:
On 2007-06-20 16:38, Peter Nardi wrote:
I am really looking forward to seeing Nick Verna's version.
Peter

Me too.
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Quote:
On 2007-06-20 17:58, Christopher Williams wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpuh85Cp3eE

Thanks Christopher.
How much is that?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Depending which version you went for, half dollar or dollar.

Check out Deans amazing Magic at http://www.deandill.com
www.magicman13.co.uk

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sealed in - Alex Ward - Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL