The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Dollar Store Card Deck Case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Thought I'd pass this find along. At two separate dollar stores in the MidAtlantic U.S., I found the perfect "case" for a poker-sized deck of cards -- exact fit. It's a leatherette PDA holder with a fairly nice padded "banker's" style clip that will slip on easily to a belt or even the waistband of a pair of shorts. I found it in next to the cell phone holders and batteries in the stores I visited.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Yep...the dollar store. One of the BEST magic shops around!

Mark. Smile
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5735 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I found some at a local Dollar Tree store. Real leather! They are fabric lined.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Dollar stores have so much mislabeled inventory! They just don't know how much magicians enjoy finding new uses for their merchandise. For magicians, they are loaded with great stuff.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
The Dollar Store = The Next Generation Magic Shop Smile
aitchy
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of aitchy
I thought I was the only one - I made a card to wallet from a £1 wallet which I use all the time and I got my chop cup loads there -

hang on - were paying £1 - your paying $1 and they sound like they are selling the same tat - !! were being ripped of!!!! bar humbug
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
Ya I found a generic leather cell phone holder with a swivle clip and magnetic flap at auto zone. The deck fits perfectly.
Jeremy Gates
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Here in Hollyweird, we have 99-cent stores. Awesome stuff. I bought three pairs of reading glasses there the other day.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13396 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
How did you find the first pair Pete?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
punx469
View Profile
New user
New England
46 Posts

Profile of punx469
HA HA HA I love that type of humor Frank.... Brutal but funny, I also love the dollar store you can find lots of props, or stuff to build props or gimmicks at a decent price, also I have a nephew who has shown a interest in magic and in the toy games section of a local dollar store I found some small tricks good for a beginner just to wet his pallet, When your not sure if he is going to stick with it there is no point in going out and spending money on a professional Svengali deck if you can get a decent one for him for a buck, that way what you would have spent for a deck you can get him five or six different tricks and get him started.

I guess if you did a lot of kids birthdays parties you could give the B-day boy/girl a magical gift and not break the bank, but then again I don't know if that's a good idea either, Just a thought.
Dave Stygall
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Dave Stygall
Punx469, I think the giveaway idea is fantastic, tho I'd probable include all the B&Gs at the party so no one feels left out.

I've seen these blister-packed in groups of 4 or 6 simple effects, so an "inventory" of variety won't cost more than a few dollars. Promising the children that if they behave they'll be rewarded with a trick that they can learn to perfrom themselves is a great incentive.

Moms will appreciate it too, as it beats giving out more sweets (I've often produced wrapped lollies, bubble gum or "gold" choc coins at the end) to the little angels who have already consumed fistfulls of sugar so far, too!

Thanks for the great tip!

Dave
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
If you work hospitals or nursing homes the Dollar Tree can be a real friend. Give away stuffed animals produced from a THIS (Improved). Often there is even a budget available at the institution to pay for the small gifts. Get a sponsor!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Dollar Store Card Deck Case (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL