The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Loops DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
861 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
I have been looking for a good loops dvd for a while.

Ellusionist web site says...

"A NEW TEASER WILL APPEAR EACH DAY UNTIL LAUNCH ON MAY 22"
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
I really wish it had a slider bar on the teaser. It's so fast you pretty much miss everything.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Though, the one thing I did catch that I AM very curious about was the flapping origami bill butterfy. I saw someone make one on one of the A&E magic documentaries and always wanted to know the folding for it. I hope that IS included, and not just an effect with the folded butterfly with out the flapping wings bit.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

jimesw
View Profile
Special user
668 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Quote:
On 2007-05-15 14:20, VcosNJ wrote:
DG supposedly has a breath taking routine that made women cry using loops. Looks interesting.

I think that's cause he flicked the loop and it hit her in the eye.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
The Origmai Butterly can be found in Money Folding Foolery and I think it's by Robert Neale....sorry I can't remember for sure. Some neat folds in there. A cool one is where you fold a magician's tophat and a rabbit emerges from it. Both books are worth a look, but enough about money folding....back to LOOPS!!
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
tangle
View Profile
New user
australia
80 Posts

Profile of tangle
Ive played with one of those flapping paper cranes, people seem to love it.
I hope this set isn't too card heavy.
jimesw that's funny!
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Its "Folding Money Fooling"
Pavlo
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2833 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2007-05-15 21:33, gdw wrote:
Though, the one thing I did catch that I AM very curious about was the flapping origami bill butterfy. I saw someone make one on one of the A&E magic documentaries and always wanted to know the folding for it. I hope that IS included, and not just an effect with the folded butterfly with out the flapping wings bit.

Someone did this on A&E?

What was the routine like?

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 11:10, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
Quote:

Someone did this on A&E?

All the best,

Kranzo
Yea they did, I'm not sure about routine or trick at all. All I know its in this book "Folding Money Fooling". Trick called Fluttering Butterfly. Here is book cover http://www.wonderworkshops.com/image.php?productid=72, and from what it seems, butterfly moves.
Pavlo
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
What time do they change the teasers each day?

First one looks pretty impressive. Sounds like its jam packed with useful info.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
Quote:

Someone did this on A&E?

All the best,

Kranzo

I believe it was one of the A&E History of Magic specials, or what ever they were called.

Guy with long hair, he folded the bill, made it flap a bit and then changed it into a real butterfly. He also did a bunch of coin work on there too.

Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I think (could be wrong) it was loslander.

Justin N. Miller
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
As much as I try to not let the hype get to me, I'm become excited about this one. iv had quite the desire to do some stuff with threads for a while... especial kevin james floating rose, and these from E plus justins cloak hook up, sound like a good start. iv not see the cloak obviously but I do a few of justins effects such x marks the spot, silver dream, and even the card printing thing and they always play real big espeaclly X, and iv come to trust what he puts out
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 12:54, jussy wrote:
I think (could be wrong) it was loslander.

Justin N. Miller

I don't think it was, but would have made sense. This guy had black hair. More of a bizzare approach, and by that I mean the more story oriented magic.

dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Quote:
Quote:

Someone did this on A&E?

All the best,

Kranzo

don't worry Nate... they didn't do the effect I teach on the dvd. It was Andrew Goldenhurst (spelling) who performed a trick where a folded dollor bill butterfly turned into a REAL butterfly in his hand. It is an AMAZING effect and one of the effects that Andrew is known for. I have always been facinated with oragami and studied many books on the subject. As for the oragami butterfly itself... it is taught in Robert E. Neale's "Folding Money Fooling" ... the book is really good and offers a wide variety of magic related oragami with dollar bills. In the introduction it says that all the oragami folds are original to him, so I'm guessing that he created the oragami bill butterfly that I use in the LOOPS DVD. Not to worry, I NEVER claimed the oragami fold as my own, AND I also referenced Mr. Neale's book and held up the book for the camera to get a shot of it, when I was in San Francisco shooting for the LOOPS DVD.

As far as the DVD... from the small amount that I have seen, it looks like it is a GREAT DEAL of information regarding loops as a tool for some killer effects. Both Justin and Nate have some AMAZING effects on the DVD and offer some really good insight on loops managment. I think we all offer a great deal of respect for Finn Jon creating a GREAT TOOL for some POWERFUL magic.

thanks to all,

Daniel Garcia
-Truth is made up of two things... FACT... and the ability to believe it-
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Thank's Mr.Garcia, While you are around I know a few people would be interested in
any news of your wallet?
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
861 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Teaser #2 is up with an effect not taught on the dvd.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 14:18, dg magic wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Someone did this on A&E?

All the best,

Kranzo

don't worry Nate... they didn't do the effect I teach on the dvd. It was Andrew Goldenhurst (spelling) who performed a trick where a folded dollor bill butterfly turned into a REAL butterfly in his hand. It is an AMAZING effect and one of the effects that Andrew is known for. I have always been facinated with oragami and studied many books on the subject. As for the oragami butterfly itself... it is taught in Robert E. Neale's "Folding Money Fooling" ... the book is really good and offers a wide variety of magic related oragami with dollar bills. In the introduction it says that all the oragami folds are original to him, so I'm guessing that he created the oragami bill butterfly that I use in the LOOPS DVD. Not to worry, I NEVER claimed the oragami fold as my own, AND I also referenced Mr. Neale's book and held up the book for the camera to get a shot of it, when I was in San Francisco shooting for the LOOPS DVD.

As far as the DVD... from the small amount that I have seen, it looks like it is a GREAT DEAL of information regarding loops as a tool for some killer effects. Both Justin and Nate have some AMAZING effects on the DVD and offer some really good insight on loops managment. I think we all offer a great deal of respect for Finn Jon creating a GREAT TOOL for some POWERFUL magic.

thanks to all,

Daniel Garcia
Well said.
Pavlo
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 15:42, Barry Gitelson wrote:
Teaser #2 is up with an effect not taught on the dvd.
Was it a joke by ellusionist. Nahh.. are they pulling my leg, where the cameras, is this Punk'd?

Back to reality, I found it pretty hilarious. I mean come on "Here the teaser for Loops, of effect we don't actaully teach."
Pavlo
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Ahahaha! what a teaser!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Loops DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL