The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Loops DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4198 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 16:56, Pavloter wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 15:42, Barry Gitelson wrote:
Teaser #2 is up with an effect not taught on the dvd.
Was it a joke by ellusionist. Nahh.. are they pulling my leg, where the cameras, is this Punk'd?

Back to reality, I found it pretty hilarious. I mean come on "Here the teaser for Loops, of effect we don't actaully teach."

I'm sure it was just to show how a simple trick with loops could be so powerful to the audience.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
HEY HEY HEY, no loop talk without me involved. So now where were we?
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
765 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 20:54, paisa23 wrote:
HEY HEY HEY, no loop talk without me involved. So now where were we?
LOL! That's the spirit! Smile

Guys, this looks GREAT!!!
I can't wait to absorb all the well kept secrets this has to offer.
What a treat for the magic world!

Congrats!
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2833 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 16:56, Pavloter wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 15:42, Barry Gitelson wrote:
Teaser #2 is up with an effect not taught on the dvd.
Was it a joke by ellusionist. Nahh.. are they pulling my leg, where the cameras, is this Punk'd?

Back to reality, I found it pretty hilarious. I mean come on "Here the teaser for Loops, of effect we don't actaully teach."

LOL!

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Okey, they changed that teaser for the Butterfly effect. It is nice effect and reaction is cool, BUT was it strong effect or nice presentation of Garcia which made lady cry? Thinks about it. OR maybe she just has Hay-Fever or Allergy for paper butterflies, who knows. I liked it, hopefully it will be easy setup.
Pavlo
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I think the whole women crying thing is kinda rediculous. maybe it was that time of the month or somthing. howver you look at it its still a folding piece of paper. amazing paper ... yes. act of god .... hardly. if you cacth my drift. note I'm not "downing" the effect at all, but just the hype on this effect is just to much
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 09:12, Joshua Barrett wrote:
I think the whole women crying thing is kinda rediculous. maybe it was that time of the month or somthing. howver you look at it its still a folding piece of paper. amazing paper ... yes. act of god .... hardly. if you cacth my drift. note I'm not "downing" the effect at all, but just the hype on this effect is just to much
I understand what you say about hype of Ellusionist promotion, I think DVD would be better off without Ellusionist at all, even though they probably finance it etc.
But lets don't be sexist mate, but yea I know what you mean.
Pavlo
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Pavo, I was merely joking, sorry it soundsed sexist, it was ment for more of a har har kind of thing. I do think these will be great tho =D
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 09:32, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Pavo, I was merely joking, sorry it soundsed sexist, it was ment for more of a har har kind of thing. I do think these will be great tho =D
Yea I know mate, so was I.
Pavlo
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

I think its just too earily in the mourning for me =D
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Sound like a great DVD !! Hope they also teach how to make loop Smile

Concerning the butterfly effect, I just watched the teaser but it looks like the basic effect from Robert Neale where no loop is required (wings can move with very little movement of finger=> It is one of my favorite effect in Neale book).

Nicolas
PuffyDragon
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of PuffyDragon
I can't wait till next week for this release.
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 10:44, papawemba wrote:
Sound like a great DVD !! Hope they also teach how to make loop Smile

Concerning the butterfly effect, I just watched the teaser but it looks like the basic effect from Robert Neale where no loop is required (wings can move with very little movement of finger=> It is one of my favorite effect in Neale book).

Nicolas
Loops needed for self-folding part.
Pavlo
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
3rd video is up, with effect, so called Hair. I don't really know, I think it shouldn't been placed on that dvd, due the strength of effect. I mean no "Real Ellusionist Magician"* will understand full potential of this effect.

*"Real Ellusionist Magician" - so called magician who collects colourful playing cards. Got in collection at least one Black Ghost deck, has Ellusionist Cap or Shirt, and think that Brad Christian should take part in FISM, because he can win it and ellusionist ROCKS. Super cool magicians.
Pavlo
bradchristian
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of bradchristian
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 09:21, Pavloter wrote:
Quote:
I understand what you say about hype of Ellusionist promotion, I think DVD would be better off without Ellusionist at all, even though they probably finance it etc.

You are right. We financed it, came up with the idea in the first place, chose the artists that we wanted to be involved in the project, directed it, produced it, filmed it, authored it and are now promoting it. So if we didn't do all that you would be sitting there with no three DVD Set to learn from. I'm not sure the "DVD" would be better off without Ellusionist, but you are welcome to think that. I just wanted to make sure you have all your facts.

Peace,

Brad.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Wow all that from thinking ellusionist just might not make girls cry? joking aside come on brad, were all gonna buy the thing so what are you so upset about? were having some fun with the marketing techniques and so forth. if you don;t like that then use tradional ads. but if you want to be all "kewl dude, in yo face! magic xtrme, then I think we should be allowed to have fun with that. lighten up, that's all I'm saying. I like to think my 50 bucks gives me enough right to poke some fun
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
I am taking it that Hair is a take on Psycokenetic Touch by Banecheck. Interesting take on it too.

I believe there was a similar use for thread with the old one handed set up and "feeling" energy.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 15:47, bradchristian wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

You are right. We financed it, came up with the idea in the first place, chose the artists that we wanted to be involved in the project, directed it, produced it, filmed it, authored it and are now promoting it. So if we didn't do all that you would be sitting there with no three DVD Set to learn from. I'm not sure the "DVD" would be better off without Ellusionist, but you are welcome to think that. I just wanted to make sure you have all your facts.

Peace,

Brad.
*rubbing my thumb and forefinger together*
Do you know what this is? Its the world's smallest violin playing just for the Ellusionist.
Pavlo
LWright
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
146 Posts

Profile of LWright
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 16:19, Pavloter wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 15:47, bradchristian wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Peace,

Brad.
*rubbing my thumb and forefinger together*
Do you know what this is? Its the world's smallest violin playing just for the Ellusionist.

You sure you're not playing it for yourself ?
I mean..you seem to make a point of how much you dislike Ellusionist everywhere, even on the E forums, thankfully you're banned from them. When you're not telling the world how much you don't like E you're just being an ass to people..I mean, come on..Getalife.
-Lloyd Wright
"Take what you take, give what you give, just be what you want just as long as it's real.."
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Ok guys lets just stop there. id really like it if we could get the thread back on track and keep it for getting deleted.

I for one am looking forward to the dvd's thread work can be really great and I think those that star in the set have proven there worth
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Loops DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL