The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Loops DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
All looks good. But I supposed most of us know how to do these tricks with loops.

I am interested in this DVD because someone said that it discussed how to fix the reflection problems and how to do loop tricks under spot/sunlight. I think that is the part where it interested professional rather than 16 yrs old kids.

But frm the adv and demos, it doesn't really stated that these topics will be discussed in details. Anyone can give me some idea if these will be discussed in depth in the DVDs?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I think its really going to be hard to say bud. when silver dream came out. they advertised a "in-depth" study of sleeving. to me at least I didn;t see anything in-depth. I might suggest to wait until after release to ask some one that already has it for a sure answer
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2125 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I'm really eager to see how many non-card tricks there are...I love the scary applications of loops that blow people away.
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
If you are genuinely interested in keeping up with the details of the effects and the composition of the dvd's themselves I suggest you at least read the forums dedicated to the products:

http://www.elusionist.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71

Nate, Danny, and Justin are all posting responses to questions on a regular basis. All we are doing is cross-posting and quoting that material here for those too lazy to visit that forum.

--Jim
whateverisisright
View Profile
Regular user
Savannah, Georgia
132 Posts

Profile of whateverisisright
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 21:33, MagicBrent wrote:
I'm really eager to see how many non-card tricks there are...I love the scary applications of loops that blow people away.

I agree. And since the 3rd trailer has come out, I'm interested in the Daniel Garcia effect "hair." From what I gather, it's a PK Touch type effect. Looks very cool...
Tempesta
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
398 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
I think Loops have always been slightly underrated, and I'm really excited to see the get such attention by guys who see the power in simplicity. Can't wait. : )

||sean ||
//Sean Beard
K_B_G
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of K_B_G
Looks like it could be a sick release. Finally something of proper quality from E, been waiting a couple of months now..
:) chill brad..hehe.. will def pick it up
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
The Butterfly effect is simply one of the most beautiful things in magic I have ever seen. That alone would be worth a twenty to learn and have the rights to perform would be worth another twenty.

As far as Brad's marketing you might want to put your talent for reading to good use. I'd suggest any book by Al Reis. He and Jack Trout are the gurus of a subject called Positioning. I also recommend a book called Focus by Al Reis. Brad did "it" correctly and is reaping the benefits.

Good job, Brad!

Randy
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Have to agree, Butterfly Effect is on point. Cant wait to get my hands on this.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2833 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 16:56, wise owl wrote:
All looks good. But I supposed most of us know how to do these tricks with loops.

I am interested in this DVD because someone said that it discussed how to fix the reflection problems and how to do loop tricks under spot/sunlight. I think that is the part where it interested professional rather than 16 yrs old kids.

But frm the adv and demos, it doesn't really stated that these topics will be discussed in details. Anyone can give me some idea if these will be discussed in depth in the DVDs?

Yes.

: )

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1613 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I agree -- the Butterfly effect is really beautiful.
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
I was not expecting much...

But, yes, it looks really good.

I enjoyed the butterfly effect.
To believe is Magic.
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
I just watched the domos. WOW! I'm getting a copy
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
We (the artist) are all very excited about this project. This is REAL WORD material that will fryyy.

Justin N. Miller
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16945 Posts

Profile of joseph
As for the loops themselves....There are excellent loops, and terrible loops,
according to other threads on the Café....I really hope you include some nice
loops with the dvd, so we can play with this right away....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2113 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
According to the various posting that's been going on, Loops are not automatically included when you buy the DVDs, but will be offered at a discount when you buy the DVDs. That gives you a chance to stock up when you first order the DVDs.

For the future, MJM Magic has a nice price on Loops, as well as on Yigal's spool of elastic IT.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16945 Posts

Profile of joseph
Thanks Kevin....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
940 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On 2007-05-20 10:30, Mercury52 wrote:
For the future, MJM Magic has a nice price on Loops, as well as on Yigal's spool of elastic IT.

Kevin

"Infinity" IET is still the best deal for the finest invisible elastic thread in the world.

Rudy
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
861 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Rudy told it like it is....
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 14:18, dg magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 11:10, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-15 21:33, gdw wrote:
Though, the one thing I did catch that I AM very curious about was the flapping origami bill butterfy. I saw someone make one on one of the A&E magic documentaries and always wanted to know the folding for it. I hope that IS included, and not just an effect with the folded butterfly with out the flapping wings bit.

Someone did this on A&E?

What was the routine like?

All the best,

Kranzo

don't worry Nate... they didn't do the effect I teach on the dvd. It was Andrew Goldenhurst (spelling) who performed a trick where a folded dollor bill butterfly turned into a REAL butterfly in his hand. It is an AMAZING effect and one of the effects that Andrew is known for. I have always been facinated with oragami and studied many books on the subject. As for the oragami butterfly itself... it is taught in Robert E. Neale's "Folding Money Fooling" ... the book is really good and offers a wide variety of magic related oragami with dollar bills. In the introduction it says that all the oragami folds are original to him, so I'm guessing that he created the oragami bill butterfly that I use in the LOOPS DVD. Not to worry, I NEVER claimed the oragami fold as my own, AND I also referenced Mr. Neale's book and held up the book for the camera to get a shot of it, when I was in San Francisco shooting for the LOOPS DVD.

As far as the DVD... from the small amount that I have seen, it looks like it is a GREAT DEAL of information regarding loops as a tool for some killer effects. Both Justin and Nate have some AMAZING effects on the DVD and offer some really good insight on loops managment. I think we all offer a great deal of respect for Finn Jon creating a GREAT TOOL for some POWERFUL magic.

thanks to all,

Daniel Garcia
Will it work with another currencies, like lets say Euro's or British Pounds?
Pavlo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Loops DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL