The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Vanish Anything Set? From Abra4Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

newbie2magic
View Profile
New user
New York
13 Posts

Profile of newbie2magic
Hey guys, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place. I just bought a device, called the Vanish Anything Set, from abra4magic.com. Im assuming its a pull of a sort, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried it? They have a video of it in action on the site, and the vanishes look impressive, but I'm still wondering if this was a good move.
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Bande
That does look intersting. I look froward to hearing what you think about it when you get it.
newbie2magic
View Profile
New user
New York
13 Posts

Profile of newbie2magic
Ye I'll let you all know wether its a pull, reel, or whatever it is. BTW since this is only my second post I'd like to introduce myself. Im Jon, I've doing card magic for about 5 years, just for fun and for people on the streets. Definately a nice way to meet girls, lol. Now I'm expanding, cards bore me and people have seen most card tricks out. So I picked up a TT and this pull for my sisters wedding. Maybe 1 or 2 more things so I can go for a few hours table to table.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Pick up an invisible deck, pen through bill, and maybe some sponge bunnys. You'll knock em dead.

Jim
newbie2magic
View Profile
New user
New York
13 Posts

Profile of newbie2magic
I have an invisible deck, Sven deck, Stripper deck, and one of those cheap rising card decks. Not to mention about 5 regular bicycle decks, all the same color backs to make switching unnoticed. As I said above, I've been doing cards for some time now, since I was 13, and I have all the common decks. I love the reaction I get with cards, but I needed a pull of a sort because kids always ask if I can vanish something. Too bad I cant use this new device to reappear things. Anyone have a device for that?
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
The best device for vanishing and reappearing is good ol' sleight of hand - give it a try
pghdude80
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh
72 Posts

Profile of pghdude80
Meyegr...never heard of it. What is that, a secret pocket or something? Smile

Interesting video...but I'm gonna wait for newbie's review.

Let us know, newbie!

J
newbie2magic
View Profile
New user
New York
13 Posts

Profile of newbie2magic
Turned out to just be a pull. A really cheap, overpriced pull. All it was is an elctrical alligator clip and a clothes pin, with the bungie in the middle. So heres my question, where is the best place to put the pull other than middle backside of my jacket, like what if I'm not wearing a lined jacket. Also how do you reccomend grabing a pull without being seen. Im practicing with it but the biggest problem I'm having is making the clipping action look natural, I mean I gotta hold this bungie, and grab and clip something all at once, makes for unnatural muscle and hand movements.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Its a piece of crap. plain and simple Smile Probably the worst piece of magic I've ever owned you can easily make this your self.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Over the last 50 years I have developed ways of making Dynamic Pulls that are 'static' part of the time and only 'active' when needed, leaving the hands free for sleights and things. Best of all, nothing is attached to your body until the critical moment, hense the name "disMbody" This eBook needs photos and videos to be release, but is available as a 'beta' version for anyone serious in exploring it. PM me.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
irondemon69
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of irondemon69
You should purchase a gecko.it does an impressive vanish
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
I have gecko, and I don't like it,

maybe it just doesn't suit me ?
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Forget buying all the gimmicks of the week...

before you buy all this "new great amazing must have it" stuff that ends up sitting in the drawer, buy a book.

All of these things are just variations on the things taught in Tarbell and Corinda.

Those books are where these guys putting out this stuff learned what they know.

For $30, you can get one gimmick... or you can get one book that if studied, can fill you with a lifetime of magic ideas.

Tarbell

Corinda

Wilson

build your library before your prop closet.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Quote:
On 2009-12-31 18:39, mmreed wrote:
build your library before your prop closet.

This is the best advice one can give... and receive.
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
Sword of the Soldier
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Sword of the Soldier
The cheapest pull that I have seen belonged to Pavel. Keep in mind I have never used a pull, but when I say him use the cord, finishing line, and knot in conjunction with a hanky vanish, I was more than pleasantly surprised. It worked wonderfully.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Vanish Anything Set? From Abra4Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL