The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Please Vote for a "Cardshark" reprint (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
themagicofdrew
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of themagicofdrew
It doesn't matter if you vote or not, None of the Ortiz books published by Kaufman will be reprinted in the near future. That's right no CardShark no Card Table, no Strong Magic. I am told this is due to the relationship between the author (Ortiz) and the Publisher (Richard Kaufman). It Just Plain Isn't Going to happen. Sorry to burst any bubbles.
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
468 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Quote:
On 2007-06-09 19:37, themagicofdrew wrote:
It doesn't matter if you vote or not, None of the Ortiz books published by Kaufman will be reprinted in the near future. That's right no CardShark no Card Table, no Strong Magic. I am told this is due to the relationship between the author (Ortiz) and the Publisher (Richard Kaufman). It Just Plain Isn't Going to happen. Sorry to burst any bubbles.

You are misinformed and incorrect in every statement you’ve made. Without going into further detail, I’ll just mention that Richard Kaufman no longer owns the publishing rights to any of my books.
imfletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of imfletcher
Their may be hope yet for a reprint run.
themagicofdrew
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of themagicofdrew
Mr. Ortiz, I apologize if I was misinformed and incorrect. I was going by what I believe is a reliable source in the world of magic publishing. I did not think I would be able to reach you to verify it and since you had yet to post anything on this thread I assumed that it was true. Again my apologies.
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
468 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Quote:
On 2007-06-11 12:14, themagicofdrew wrote:
Again my apologies.

No problem.
Fresh
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Fresh
So Darwin how bout it?
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
468 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Quote:
On 2007-06-13 17:33, Fresh wrote:
So Darwin how bout it?

As soon as I’ve made a decision about Cardshark I’ll post it here.

Meanwhile, I am in the process of reprinting Strong Magic. Copies should be ready to ship in about four weeks. If anyone would like to pre-order, please PM me.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Thanks Darwin,

I am not giving up the hope, and I am sure that a lot of other magicians think alike.

Keep your votes coming in folks . . .

Andy
Cards never lie
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
If he's misinformed and incorrect in EVERY statement he made(and I assume Mr. Ortiz to be a very precise person), then this is a very interesting post indeed!

Quote:
On 2007-06-10 18:25, Darwin Ortiz wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-06-09 19:37, themagicofdrew wrote:

You are misinformed and incorrect in every statement you’ve made. Without going into further detail, I’ll just mention that Richard Kaufman no longer owns the publishing rights to any of my books.
adamc
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
133 Posts

Profile of adamc
I'm interested
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
I am a huge fan of Darwin's work and would love to see this get reprinted.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Maestro
I'd definitely buy it.
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
724 Posts

Profile of ftlum
I'd buy it too. I should have bought one when I got my copy of At The Card Table.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Since this is based on Darwin's book, don't forget http://www.adaywithdarwin.com in mid-July.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
TerryLam
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of TerryLam
I have both the At the Card Table and Scams and Fantasies. They are very good.
I am waiting for the Cardshark to get reprinted.
budionodarmawan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of budionodarmawan
Please Reprint it !!!!!
jasons_mind
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of jasons_mind
Please Reprint - I have Strong Magic, At the Card Table, and Scams and Fantasies - Designing Miracles is a short wait away - but, something's still missing here!
Amazing Kenno
View Profile
New user
Kenno
60 Posts

Profile of Amazing Kenno
Mr. Ortiz,
Add my vote to the Cardshark request list. As a direct purchaser from you of Desiging Miracles (which, like the SM book, makes reference to material & routines in "Cardshark"), I would love to add the Cardshark knowledge to my continuing card studies. There clearly are beneficial learning techniques and "design concepts" in Cardshark -- not merely more humm drum card tricks. Between this forum and the Genii forum, it would seem that your present publisher can get an idea of the demand level for this book. All the best in Magic and Life, Kenno.
The Amazing Kenno
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
I too would like to add this to my collection.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Probably my two favourite volumes are Strong Magic and Designing Miracles...

Please reprint Cardshark....

If they are indication of what I can find in there... need a copy
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Please Vote for a "Cardshark" reprint (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL