The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Please Vote for a "Cardshark" reprint (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
In over 4 million i've made
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
Quote:
On 2007-08-24 08:08, Waters wrote:
...I think he was being ironic.

4 or 5 routines out of a single source is a "home-run". Very impressive.

We should remember, its not just the routines in a book, but the small nuances we pick up on moves and routines we already know (like a spread of the cards to show a 4 card packet as red, when you know *** well theres a black card hidden in there!). Together with the thoughts and essays of authors - theres lots to discover between the covers of a book.
I'm a book lover and proud.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
[/quote]

We should remember, its not just the routines in a book, but the small nuances we pick up on moves and routines we already know (like a spread of the cards to show a 4 card packet as red, when you know *** well theres a black card hidden in there!). Together with the thoughts and essays of authors - theres lots to discover between the covers of a book.
I'm a book lover and proud.
[/quote]

Without question! Excellent point. In many books, I am less interested in the actual routines and much more inclined to read thoughts, essays and subtleties. This is where the "art" is found.

I have read and re-read all of the essays in the "Books of Wonder" (for example). I don't perform a single routine (it's not probable that I ever will), but reading Mr. Wonder's thoughts is like "stealing years". Each of those chapters has influenced me in some way. Much like reading Mr. Ortiz' "Strong Magic", anything by Eugence Burger, Derren Brown's "Pure Effect" and John Carney's "Book of Secrets". I don't peform a single effect from these books (excluding psychological techniques of Derren's), but these have been the most influential books in my "magic experience".

...your point is well taken and well said.

Sean
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
I just went to the UPS site to track the Cardshark shipment from the printer. It is scheduled to be delivered to me tomorrow. I will start mailing copies Friday in the order in which orders were received.

If anyone is still interested in ordering and hasn’t done so yet, now is the time.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
I can feel a weeks holiday from work coming on!!
jclightman
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jclightman
At least a weeks holiday!
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Quote:
On 2007-09-13 01:38, Shakey wrote:
I can feel a weeks holiday from work coming on!!

Malc, your copy went in the mail Friday (along with a great many others). The remaining orders will be mailed Monday and Tuesday.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
Mr Ortiz - Many thanks
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
427 Posts

Profile of boinko
Has it shipped yet?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Got mine monday, its fantasic. the first routine in there is greta and not hard. looking forward to the phantom card
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
Mine arrived in the UK on WEdnesday - thanks. Very gracious written note in the front cover.
Have just started 5 days off work - fantastic timing

I've said it once, but will say again - thanks 'Andy' for starting this thread
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Darn!! Still waiting for mine. I'm jealous. Smile
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
Darwin,

Thanks for re-printing a gem of a book. Amazing and fantastic rountines and thoughts and contained within the pages of Card Shark. I certainly hope the risk/gamble(no pune intended) you took to re-print was profitable as well as satisfying.

The next question I'm sure is on many ppl's lip is ...what is it gotta take to convince you to re-print "At the Card Table" now? No pressure of course:)

Thanks for being an inspiration

Baobow
JamieMagiChen
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of JamieMagiChen
Is it possible for another reprint for Cardshark?
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Quote:
On 2013-06-22 03:42, JamieMagiChen wrote:
Is it possible for another reprint for Cardshark?

I’m certainly open to doing another reprint if there is enough interest. It’s been six years since the last reprint.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
WorstKnight
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of WorstKnight
I am interested if there is a reprint
hudesmond
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of hudesmond
Quote:
On 2013-07-03 19:19, WorstKnight wrote:
I am interested if there is a reprint

I second!
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Interested!!
MKoeppel
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
76 Posts

Profile of MKoeppel
Definitely interested.
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Actually, the question I should have asked is: Are you more interested in a reprint of Cardshark or Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table? If I reprint one soon, the other will have to wait.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 19:30, Andy the cardician wrote:
As the reprint of a book is always a financial gamble for the publisher, it would be good to give him/her a view of the market demand.

I believe that there are a number of magicians out there who would love to get their hands on a copy of Cardshark by Darwin Ortiz.

Please cast your vote if you are interested in a reprint.

Andy

P.S. - I would like to add that I am in no way related to Darwin and to the publisher. My sole benefit from a reprint would be to be able to get my hands on the book at a reasonable price.

No way. Let's keep it in the hands of the few who want it enough to seek it out and acquire it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Please Vote for a "Cardshark" reprint (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL