The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo blank playing cards (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
Does anybody know where to buy jumbo blank playing cards that can be printed on with a laser or inkjet printer?
bear trees
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
263 Posts

Profile of bear trees
Ronjo.com,jumbo blank playing cards sold per card.
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
I didn't find any there.
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
961 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Googling jumbo blank playing cards brought me to:

http://www.plaincards.com/

8.5 x 11 microperf blank cards.

Oops. My mistake. These make regular sized cards, eight-up to a sheet.
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
If you want pre-made cards, you may have to e-mail Ronjo or call them. They are listed on the site, but the link goes nowhere.

If you want to make your own from scratch, look for glossy photo card paper at a computer store. You'll have to print both front and backs.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
961 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Googling "jumbo blank" "playing cards" brought me to:

http://www.cards4magic.co.uk/acatalog/Ju......UCO.html

£16 a deck, about $32 before shipping.
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
This is very helpful. Thanks, guys
ChuckHickok
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of ChuckHickok
Sanstar,

While I don't know how you plan to use the Jumbo Blank Playing Card, another less expensive option might be visiting a full-service Printer.

Look at their cover stock and thin glossly cardboard stock. I use 24 pound White glossly stock --- it is very close to the thinness of jumbo card stock.

Several years ago I ordered 500 sheets cut to 8 1/2 by 11 inch size. I can't remember the cost, but it was maybe a dime a sheet.

This size is large enough so I can write one or two words (with a thick marker) so my entire audience can see what I have written. Great for revealing predictions.

They can also be secretly marked for a "lie detector" routine / people reading routine. (See page 84 of of Mentalism Incorporated.)

You could even make a Pop-eyed Popper Deck ofd words, location, etc.,--- allowing for an easy, comvincing force.

One final advantage --- the cardboard doesn't look like "blank playing card", but more like something you would see in an office giving me a less suspiciou-looking prop.

Chuck Hickok
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
Thanks, Chuck. Those are good ideas.
RonjoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island NY
138 Posts

Profile of RonjoMagic
Hi Guys,
Pete from Ronjo.com here. We did have an ample supply of Jumbo Bics with blank faces but we ran out and are unable to get a hold of anymore. You guys found a doorway page to a discontinued product. Sorry about that.
Pete
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
The link Rocketeer gave to plaincards.com is a real find. While they don't have jumbo playing cards they do have Tarot size which will work for me. They have a nice little program for making your own cards and, as was said, will sell you perfed cards to print. Anybody wanting to do their own thing with cards should check it out. Many thank, Rocketeer.
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
I want to bring this thread back again......has anyone discovered a new place to buy or get jumbo blank faced playing cards ?

Thanks
David
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
robinr
View Profile
Loyal user
Greater Los Angeles area
224 Posts

Profile of robinr
Sorry David, this reply is still "off" your original request, but I wanted to point out that those interested in "tarot size" might be well off simply buying Avery #8387 matte postcards. They print beautifully, then you can laminate them and the are both strong and smooth to work with.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2498 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Haines House of Cards.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Jerskin,

I was getting ready to recommend Haines House of Cards, too. I picked up a few to do Nu Wave (ungimmicked B'wave). Phone number is 513-531-6548. A while ago, they had a good deal on one-way jumbo Bicycle decks. You might ask if they are still available.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
126 Posts

Profile of DonB!
If you want jumbo blank playing cards, contact Steve Varro at Dock Haley Gospel Magic: http://www.gospelmagic.com/ I have bought multiple sets of his large cards (about 5"x9") and also his big ol' jumbo cards (about 12"x16"). I have had some with backs on them, some with only faces on them, and some totally blank. They are nice cards, but you'll never get them through your printer.

I have printed what I wanted, then transferred it to an adhesive backed clear acetate, and then put it on the cardstock. It looks great, and the clear acetate protects the design from ever wearing off.

DonB!
DonB!
Non-stop laughter. Eternal Impact.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo blank playing cards (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL