The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris DVDs - What's happening? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
kadz
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of kadz
Does anybody know what is happening with the apparent 10 volume Paul Harris DVD set?
Superior Magic
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Superior Magic
I'm guessing there are production issues.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
No, there is just so much material on the DVD's, it is taking a long time!
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
Paul Harris has released some dvds recently containing effects from other magicians. most of them were not very successful at all...
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
They'll be out before the end of 2007, AFAIK.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
MopKrayz, not sure how you are privy to the "success" of Paul's various projects or if you are just making broad assumptions with no facts... in fact, being the distributor of all of Paul's projects and knowing precisely the numbers, I can happily advise quite the contrary - that they are in fact some of the best selling effects and DVDs on the market today and continue to sell and sell with a lot of happy customers.

As far as the status of True Astonishments, you can see my post on another thread discussing this where I give an update. Wayne Houchin is working with Paul on the production and is doing an incredible job. Paul has some killer new material, great contributions, and fantastic interviews. These could, in my opinion, be one of the best items to come out in the last 10-20 years which says a lot with so many items good and bad hitting the market place. I know it's been a lot longer than Paul anticipated or hoped for but I have personally seen it just evolve and evolve into a better project in the end. So I guess everything happens for a reason. Currently though I believe Paul and Wayne are looking at 9 volumes in the end. They keep trimming to give just A+ all the way but rest assured each volume will be packed with great material- cards, bills, coins, and other weird things. I've been fortunate enough to see most of the material and I can't wait.

Tim
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Today Paul said after 3 years of having the wrong release dates on the dvds, he wouldn't venture a guess. But it does look like all 9 will be released at the same time.

Tom
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Tim Trono and Tom G - I think there are a lot of people who appreciate being kept informed about this project, so thanks.

The article in MAGIC was great, and very well-written by Eric Mead. Paul is certainly an eccentric. I do think that Paul needs someone, like Chuck Martinez, to manage his career while he's busy being a creative genius. And, I guess that job has fallen to Tim? Smile

I think it's a good idea to release all nine DVDs together. I hope it's by Christmas, 2007. A mixture of new PH material, "PH Presents" style contributions, and the PH interviews seem like a great mix. But, I do hope that Paul includes some of his AoA classics and the latest handlings. This is what I'm most interested in, personally.

Robert
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Paul Harris is the man that made me stop throwing decks of cards at the wall in frustration. He's the guy that elevated the pinky break to the same status as the pass. A guru, a genius, a crazy ass poker player with some serious chops. I love him.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Toddmann
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Toddmann
I've been to The Astonishment Project. What a great site! Paul Harris has listed all his works there, as well as many other magicians. There are forums, events, classifieds, etc. I hope you guys check it out.

Todd
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Where are Paul's works listed? I'm having a bit of a problem finding things. Some nice videos of people doing Paul's effects however...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think True Astonishments is going to contain effects that will change the way a lot of us perform and think about magic.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Will Paul be in the new dvds, or will other magicians demonstrate the effects, or both?..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I think Wayne Houchin will be in there.
Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
Not to knock Paul.. but 9 volumes? Is it really neccessary? I'm sure I'll buy the ones that interest me, but this reeks of another 'easy to master' series where there is 1 or 2 great items on the video, and the rest are filler.

David.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-07-10 11:10, Kronos9326 wrote:
Not to knock Paul.. but 9 volumes? Is it really neccessary? I'm sure I'll buy the ones that interest me, but this reeks of another 'easy to master' series where there is 1 or 2 great items on the video, and the rest are filler.

David.

I would be cautions about an unkown releasing this many volumes, but as you know from Paul's books, he's not a "filler" guy. I believe we read elsewhere it's taking thius long because Paul wants it to be the best he can do.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
And if I remember correctly, he's going to have a lot of guest spots on these dvd's (Jack Parker, Andrew Mayne, etc.) showing some of their new stuff. I, for one, can't wait.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Paul is a "closeup kind of guy" not a "filler kind of guy." But yeah I been waiting for years...
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2007-07-10 11:10, Kronos9326 wrote:

David.

Just think about it. Paul has not really released any of his personal items/routines/methods in quite some time. Imagine how full his notebooks are. He has done a great sevice to the new and up coming magicians. He is the man,will always be the man, period. Take 10 years Paul I really want to be astonished!!!

Jeremy Hanrahan
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Quote:
On 2007-07-10 22:18, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

..it's taking thius long because Paul wants it to be the best he can do.

Quote:
On 2007-08-03 08:48, Irishghost wrote:
Take 10 years Paul I really want to be astonished!!!

Right, gentlemen.
Amen to that.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris DVDs - What's happening? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL