The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Heroes Finale... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Can't wait.

Series has been amazing, can't wait for origins and season 2.

Only a few days off.

that's all.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27112 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Monday is on the way
can enjoy the simpsons 400th tomorrow

how was dr who tonight?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2487 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
There should be some serious revalations tomorrow night, but I understand there will be season cliffhangers as well.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Actually, shock gasp horror, I'm not a doc who fan...sorry!

I cant wait. I have to watch it on tue night or wed night so I get it from your sites.

I did see a realllllyyy silly program called Who wants to be a superhero, that sucks. Only good thing in it has got to be Stan Lee!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2746 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
The very concept of reality shows sucks in general.

At least no one has to eat disgusting things on "Super Hero."
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Unless that's their superpower! "Disgusting Eater Man, away!"
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1046 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Why did Peter need his brother to fly him away? Couldn't Peter just do it on his own?
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2487 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I think Peter was overcome by his radiation being out of control. Since he couldn't control that, he couldn't turn his other powers on either. that is my guess.

All I can say about that episode is... WOW!

Any guesses on who survivied that last event?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I'll miss Portman. Four bullets to the chest..
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Sylar appears to have escaped down a conveniently located manhole.

Peter can fly. He didn't need his brother to sacrifice himself.

How did Hiro get sent back to ancient Japan? Last time I looked, he had just stabbed Sylar. And when he landed, I thought at first it was Peter. Because that would have, you know, made sense.

Why was everyone else just sitting and standing around during the big climax? Boring! I mean, Nikki/Jessica (now apparently 'merged') is just handing out hugs the whole time? Give me a break. At least Matt was dispensing hot lead, though he would have been MUCH more useful at, say, reading Sylar's mind and telling the others what he was about to do.

Here's my improved, revised scenario:
(1) They gather as a superhero team for a change.
(2) Little Molly tells them EXACTLY where Sylar is.
(3) They get close, and Matt reads Sylar's mind, communicating his plans to everyone else.
(4) They sneak up on him, Peter leading the way invisible.
(5) Claire draws his attention with a full frontal assault, alone.
(6) Sylar creams her. But, of course, she can heal, so no big whoop.
(7) While he's distracted, Peter punches him hard in the head from the front. Peter's invisible and uses full Nikki/Jessica power for the punch. Meanwhile, Nikki/Jessica has snuck up from behind and whacks him across the back of the head with, say, a parking meter.
(8) Hiro teleports in and delivers the coup de grace with his ninja sword.
(9) Finally, they all kick, hit, tear, cut, and otherwise reduce Sylar to atoms to make sure he doesn't come back.
(10) If all this excitement makes Peter go nuclear, he flies up a couple of miles and explodes harmlessly in the stratosphere.

The End.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27112 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Had the writer's read Miracleman issue 15 they would have had a much darker answer available. Thankfully they did not even expect the viewers to know the story about what someone who can teleport things might do to a pesky opponent.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2746 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-05-22 13:44, airship wrote:
Sylar appears to have escaped down a conveniently located manhole.


Don't they always?

Quote:
Peter can fly. He didn't need his brother to sacrifice himself.


Had we ever seen Peter use more than one ability at a time? Maybe he's like Ultra Boy from the Legion of Super Heroes. And thus, if he couldn't get the nuclear power shut down, he couldn't activate the flying power.

Quote:
How did Hiro get sent back to ancient Japan? Last time I looked, he had just stabbed Sylar. And when he landed, I thought at first it was Peter. Because that would have, you know, made sense.


They'll save Peter's reappearance for later in the season. I'm wondering if Nathan managed to drop him and fly away far enough not to get caught. Probably not.

As far as Hiro showing up in ancient Japan. We saw Sylar pick Hiro up and throw him at the building whereupon he used his power to vanish. We've seen that when he uses his power indiscriminatly, he tends to move around in time. So if he paniced and used his power under stress, ending up in ancient Japan isn't that farfetched.

Did you catch the fact that the lone warrior facing down the army had a battle flag with "that symbol" on it? Some people have claimed that the warrior also resembled Takai, implying that he's either a ancestor of Hiro <or> might actually be Hiro's father who could be an immortal. Either way, I'm betting he's going to turn out to be some legendary figure that Hiro knows about from stories.

Quote:
Why was everyone else just sitting and standing around during the big climax? Boring! I mean, Nikki/Jessica (now apparently 'merged') is just handing out hugs the whole time? Give me a break. At least Matt was dispensing hot lead, though he would have been MUCH more useful at, say, reading Sylar's mind and telling the others what he was about to do.


Nikki and Co. didn't come out until after the hot lead had been dispensed. And she certainly took action. (Although some people wondered how she knew which side to take since she'd never seen either of these people before.)

Quote:
Here's my improved, revised scenario:
(1) They gather as a superhero team for a change.
(2) Little Molly tells them EXACTLY where Sylar is.
(3) They get close, and Matt reads Sylar's mind, communicating his plans to everyone else.
(4) They sneak up on him, Peter leading the way invisible.
(5) Claire draws his attention with a full frontal assault, alone.
(6) Sylar creams her. But, of course, she can heal, so no big whoop.
(7) While he's distracted, Peter punches him hard in the head from the front. Peter's invisible and uses full Nikki/Jessica power for the punch. Meanwhile, Nikki/Jessica has snuck up from behind and whacks him across the back of the head with, say, a parking meter.
(8) Hiro teleports in and delivers the coup de grace with his ninja sword.
(9) Finally, they all kick, hit, tear, cut, and otherwise reduce Sylar to atoms to make sure he doesn't come back.
(10) If all this excitement makes Peter go nuclear, he flies up a couple of miles and explodes harmlessly in the stratosphere.

The End.


Thank you Professor X. (Or maybe Captain America or Reed Richards, one of those "leader" types.) It's a pity they didn't have you there to run tactical for them. As it was, they <weren't> a team, they were just several groups with different agendas. Furthermore, they didn't have time to put together a plan because Sylar <still> managed to get the drop on them.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
AWESOME EPISODEE!!

I think with all the heroes meeting by the red stairs it was too much for peter and he couldn't control it...

I also think when Nathan took him up there, peter said its ok I can do this on my own, and Nathan flies off. Peter being able to heal...pretty sure he's ok too.

Sylar got away...ah well. We can't have our baddie dying too soon.

Someone more evil that Sylar?? Hmmmm The dying old man peter cared for maybe? Maybe hiro's dad???

Kensai...hiro maybe? Maybe hiros dad?

The eclipse at the end obviously has some importance, it is the heroes logo!

Parkman and Dl...Hope they don't die!

Was amazing when Nikki realized she could do it, and hit sylar...yeah baby! Then when peter started pounding sylars face in...

Its just too good.

Matt.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
All that being said, of course I loved it, and I can't wait for next season.

Heck, I can't wait for the summer replacement!
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Heroes Finale... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL