The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bad to the Balloon Issue One by Mark Byrne (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Quote:
On 2007-05-25 19:42, Bernard Sim wrote:
I've own several balloon dvds and I find Mark's dvd to be one of the best I've seen.

The designs are simple and practical. The way Mark teaches without speaking is very unique and he does the job well. In the dvd, you also wouldn't hear the squeaking sounds of balloon being twisted. Some of the scenes are funny too. I highly recommend this dvd.

Will wait Mark's next dvd.

Thank you so much Bernard for your kind words. I do have a question for you, since you are bilingual (I assume) have you shown it to other who do not speak english.I would really be interested in the application of teaching without words. We planned for the DVD for world domination : )

the next DVD is hopefully ready by June 11th. We really hope to release one about once every 4-6 months.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
musicgutbucket
View Profile
New user
South east UK
44 Posts

Profile of musicgutbucket
So is it ready yet? The new DVD of course. There is one thing though (Imight be stoopid I dunno) I can't seem to see how you get the top bubble on the top of the head of the Mermaid............aagghh sorry that is a long winded Q.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Hi MGB,

The mermaid is one that most people have had a problem with. Reason being it is hard to show the twist while using hands. Look at the Twist menu and look up bubble hair.

Best way to describe it is this: When you have the string of 2 bubbles you twist it with a small pinch of the back of the hair bubble. Then you make a loop (Jersey girl hair) and finish with 2 bubble going down the other side.

Hope this clarifies it.

Mark Byrne
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Hm, very tempting to go for . . . Thanks Magic Santa
Cards never lie
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Hi Bad
"Hello Arthur,
I am a big fan of your work!! You get a lot of ART out of your balloons. Next time I see Pat I will say hi. What happened with your USA tour? I was contacted about it then heard no more. Did you make it to Florida?"

I did a tour a long time ago organised by the Funny mag, but I didn't't come to Florida. I'm actually working in Bulgaria for the french tourists in the Golden Sands area near Varna.
Thanks also for your kind words. My 2nd magic DVD "Arthur Tivoli in Tivoliand" will be out in September, and in 2008 I hope to do a lecture tour in the US and Canada, I will do some ballons but most part of the lecture will be on close up and parlor magic with funny bits.
Regards my friend
Arthur
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Quote:
Thank you so much Bernard for your kind words. I do have a question for you, since you are bilingual (I assume) have you shown it to other who do not speak english.I would really be interested in the application of teaching without words. We planned for the DVD for world domination : )

the next DVD is hopefully ready by June 11th. We really hope to release one about once every 4-6 months.

Most people in my country are bilingual. In fact, most of us know more than 2 languages. I can speak a few dialects, Mandarin and English. I have not shown this to others yet but I'm sure your way of teaching will be accepted by most people. Looking forward to your next one.Smile
Bernard Sim
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

I did a tour a long time ago organised by the Funny mag, but I didn't't come to Florida. I'm actually working in Bulgaria for the french tourists in the Golden Sands area near Varna.
Thanks also for your kind words. My 2nd magic DVD "Arthur Tivoli in Tivoliand" will be out in September, and in 2008 I hope to do a lecture tour in the US and Canada, I will do some ballons but most part of the lecture will be on close up and parlor magic with funny bits.
Regards my friend
Arthur
[/quote]

Well when you are ready to lecture, let me know. I will book you to come to Florida, there is half dozen big clubs that you can lecture to. The Tampa Bay Magic Club is probably the largest with over 100 members.

I am the Program coordinator for the Tampa Bay Magic Club, you may contact me directly.
Mark@BalloonGuy.NET

Mark Byrne
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Hi Bad Smile

Thanks, I will dot it for sure.
Regards
arthur
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
Magic Mike Japan
View Profile
New user
Yokosuka, Japan (U.S. Mailing Address)
98 Posts

Profile of Magic Mike Japan
Great review! I have recently started to make balloons as part of my walk-around shows in kid-friendly restaurants and I agree that kids absolutely love hats and you can't go wrong with attempting this unique art-form. I'm buying the DVD after reading these reviews.
"There's no limit to what one man can accomplish, as long as he's willing to let someone else have the credit." (These words were inscribed on a small brass plaque which sat on President Ronald Reagan's desk in the White House during his second term.)
<BR><BR
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

I'll see you in July. Don't buy it till them. I'll save you shipping : )
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
preston91
View Profile
Regular user
clearwater,fl
186 Posts

Profile of preston91
So Mark, Is the new DVD ready?
Let me know and I'll get the cash to ya.

Paul
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

It is officially done!! As of Monday June 11th 2007.

13 Balloon Hats with a bonus Melodramatic movie short "Dog Gone"

Monkey in Tree • Moose • Butterfly • dinosaur • Cow • Horse
Fishing pole • Fly • Elephant • Penguin • Flamingo • Dog • Cat

Running time 82 minutes

Still ONLY $24.99 + $5 S&H USA ($15 S&H Overseas in most cases)

I accept PayPal, checks and small farm animals
PM me!!

This hasn't even reached the stores yet ... MAGIC Café' Exclusive

Mark Byrne
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

See a preview of the Melodrama "Dog Gone" on YouTube.com. This is a short movie included with Bad to the Balloon #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiFHnsCwDmI

Mark Byrne
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Has anyone seen the review in Balloon Magic Magazine yet?
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I got to see this and Mark is SUPER talented. Even if you don't do balloons, you'll love this DVD.

Go here for more info: http://www.balloonguy.net
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bad to the Balloon Issue One by Mark Byrne (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL