The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pass video - Kaufman or Burt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stevehw
View Profile
Veteran user
Collinsville, Mississippi
303 Posts

Profile of stevehw
I want to purchace a pass video that will suplement my instruction in Card College.
Which one is the best of the ones offered?
I understand Richard Kaufman and Brad Burt both have one.

Thanks
Steve
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of 1908
Well i haven't seen Brad Burt but i am almost sure that there is no better way to learn the pass from Richard Kaufman which i beleive is a great teacher.I have also Krenzel's tape on the pass but he does not explain it as Kaufman does(not so good angles,etc).
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
I've only learned from the Kaufman video, and that was suffice in learning the pass. I learned the mechanics and eventually found what works for me.

Jay Sankey and Aaron Fisher have tips and advice on the pass in various sources you may be interested in checking out after you familiarize yourself with the pass.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Gary Ouellet also has a supplemental video that goes with his book on The Pass.

Brian
magicmanr
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of magicmanr
Quote:
On 2003-01-26 10:37, bekralik wrote:
Gary Ouellet also has a supplemental video that goes with his book on The Pass.

One bit of info...The video "The Pass" with Gary Ouellet is JUST suplimental for the book...if you don't have the book, you won't learn any bits about the pass from the video...However, the video does have some bonus material that's pretty interesting..

I own them both, and would recommend them to anyone wishing to learn the pass as well..
kermitthefrog
View Profile
Regular user
France
128 Posts

Profile of kermitthefrog
Like the others, I endorse the Kaufman video, though I haven't seen what Brad Burt has to offer -- and Burt's videos usually are very good. But I wanted to mention that I believe Kaufman's video has either just been released on DVD or soon will be, in case that matters to you. KF
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I have seen both. I endorse Brad's, and NOT because I work for him. Brad goes into MUCH more detail than Kaufman does. Brad makes learning the Pass easier. Smile
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Quote:
On 2003-01-26 19:22, dpe666 wrote:
I have seen both. I endorse Brad's, and NOT because I work for him. Brad goes into MUCH more detail than Kaufman does. Brad makes learning the Pass easier. Smile

I agree with the Burt video. I've seen them both and Brad does go into much more detail than Kaufman. I don't think you could go wrong with either, but if it's a choice, seriously consider Brad's video!
William Holcomb
petrakos
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of petrakos
The Brad Burt video is very good, but I think the Ouellet book and video (performance only) is also exceptional. The Ouellet, however, has the drawback that it is a little pricey. I believe Ken Krenzel also has a video on the pass, but I found it difficult to learn from and found myself getting jealous of Ken's enormous hands!
stevehw
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of stevehw
Instead of starting a new thread, I will ask just one more question about another Brad Burt video.
I am also working with the side steal in Card College.
I can't seem to get the card to clear the deck while maintaining fore finger contact with the front of the deck, in the squaring action.
And I can't see the deceptiveness of the sleight myself, in the mirror.
So I need a visual supplement to the Card College text.
I hear Brad Burt also has a video on the side steal. Any review or recommendations?

Thanks
Steve
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Well, it may come as no surprise but I give Brad's Side Steal video my unqualified recommendation! Very through and great instruction!

FYI - I believe that Brad offers a money back guarantee on his videos! That speaks volumes for his work!
William Holcomb
stevehw
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of stevehw
Thanks.
I believe that's two tapes I'll have to get.

Steve
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
We'll try it this way. I was wondering if anyone could compare "Pass with Care" with these two dvds. Thanks

Trevor
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Both the Kaufman and Burt videos are excellent teaching tools. Kaufman's has better production values and describes more versions of the pass, but the passes are more demonstrated than taught--not a lot of detail. But by viewing it repeatedly, you'll be able to learn them. Brad's video has lower production values (not an issue to me in this type of tape) and teaches fewer versions, but he goes MUCH more in depth, and most people will find it easier to learn from Brad.

I also have the Ouellet package and the Krenzel video. All are excellent. If, like me, you like to have as many resources as possible, get all of them. If you're ona "magic budget" though, and can get only one, I think Brad's will teach you the most effectively.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
I also started with the Kaufman video, and once my little finger had developed the proper muscles (actually, I'm still working on it), I went to Jay Sankey's "Best of" Vol. 2, and he has some good ideas about cover.

Also, Ed Marlo's Cardician demonstrates the Combination Pass, which may be a good pass to use while you're learning the classic pass -- it doesn't rely on speed. It's all done while the hands are providing total cover.

Billgussen
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
I highly recommend Pass with Care. It goes step-by-step, gives great tips, and (best) you can see how it's done in real-life. I like this one best.

--- Frank L. Smile
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
I own Ken Krenzel vid and find it fine. It's strange that noboby mentioned it.
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pass video - Kaufman or Burt (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL