The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Do we really need another CIB? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Hey all,

Long time lurker, but I've just started posting recently. Anyway, once I work out a few speed bumps, I will be releasing a CIB. I'm not touting my version as the best, but it has elicited some good reactions for being so simple and effective. It's an almost impromptu CIB, and I will have a demo of it out shortly. Just thought I would let you know what's in store for the future. BTW, it will be inexpensive, too. I'm sick of people charging ridiculous sums of money for effects...in the likelihood of $5...maybe even free if I feel like it.

Koby
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I'd say so as it's nice to have an alternate version should you get asked to repeat etc, and for that price I can't imagine anyone complaining. What are the pros and cons to yours, or what sets yours apart?
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Pros:
Pretty visual penetration
Practically a one-second set-up that can be done in front of the audience

Cons:
A little angly but not a problem with proper management
Somewhat bottle specific...can't really go into more details

For a glass bottle penetration, I definitely recommend Prohibition. However, I haven't really seen any plastic bottle penetrations that really meet my expectations, so in turn, I created my own. Hope you guys like it.

Plus, there's a nice patter to go along with the effect instead of the old cliche "Look what I can do!"

- Koby
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Hmm, can the coin be too big for the opening?

I def agree about Prohibition!
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Hopefully all the hype of the E:CIBs won't steer you away from mine! PMed you John.
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
455 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Make sure you do a thorough backround check and hire a respectable magic historian before you try to sell any magic item. So many times things you think are original are not.

Sometimes things in print wind up popping up on you.

Be careful before you put anything out.
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Thanks for the heads up hip. I've done a good amount of research and in terms of CIB effects currently on the market, mine doesn't resemble any of them. Not sure of any way, way back then, though. But I'm sure I'll give my CIB out to a few respectable magicians to see if they've seen the idea before. Thanks again hiphopper.

Also, I'm really not out there to make a quick buck. Just to expose magicians to other ways of accomplishing this effect. It is simple, direct, and powerful. The very first reaction I got was: "where's the hole in the bottle?"

- Koby
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
780 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Wait until you see BULLET. Best IMPROMPTU plastic bottle CIB I know.

Matthew Mello
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1224 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2007-05-21 13:26, KMan1564 wrote:
Thanks for the heads up hip. I've done a good amount of research and in terms of CIB effects currently on the market, mine doesn't resemble any of them. Not sure of any way, way back then, though. But I'm sure I'll give my CIB out to a few respectable magicians to see if they've seen the idea before. Thanks again hiphopper.

- Koby

Just do what every one else does nowadays, just make reference to were you got the idea from, or give credit at the end of the dvd lol. Works for the big guys, might as well be good enough for the little guys.

Regards,
Jeremy Hanrahan
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
455 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Quote:
On 2007-05-21 13:26, KMan1564 wrote:

- Koby

Your Welcome, no problem.
There are many effects not on the market, but remain in print from way back when.
Be REAL careful. Talk to a real historian.
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Matthew,

When is Bullet coming out? I see that you co-created it with Nick. Feel free to PM me.

Jeremy,

Thanks. As far as I know I haven't really gotten the idea from an existing idea. Maybe I could stretch it and say I did, but that would just be lying, lol.

Recommendations on an e-book or video download? The e-book is in the works, but I'm trying to decide whether a video download would be more appealing. Maybe both? Let me know, thanks.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
780 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Im under contract concerning any product details. As per Sean Beards last post in the Bullet thread, they are in the final stages of getting ready to hit the shelves.

Matthew Mello
terrick
View Profile
New user
Bloomington, IN
75 Posts

Profile of terrick
Quote:
Recommendations on an e-book or video download? The e-book is in the works, but I'm trying to decide whether a video download would be more appealing. Maybe both? Let me know, thanks.

Well, at that price, or if you plan on giving it away for free, I'd say either would suffice as long as it is detailed enough. If you planned on keeping it more of a secret, I'd stick to hard copies, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyway, both have their advantages and disadvantages: videos are more visual and make learning easier (if not recorded on a cheapo webcam), but they are also much larger in file size. PDFs are faster downloads, but sometimes words and/or tiny poorly-lighted pictures, especially if not detailed enough, just aren't enough to teach an effect. One bad/confusing picture or sentence can ruin the entire learning process. For example, in my rubber band magic book (can't remember the exact title), I remember spending a lot of time trying to learn the secret move for crazy man's handcuffs until I eventually just guessed and made up my own way. Years later I found Dan Harlan's videos and realized how much easier it would have been on me all those years if only I'd been able to better understand that one sentence.
Amade3us
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
139 Posts

Profile of Amade3us
Hi everyone,

Let me first state that KMan is a very good friend of mine, so any opinion I have may be biased to some extent.

But...this is a great effect. It may not be the "holy grail" of CIB's as everyone is hoping the E:CIB's will be, but it is definitely worth giving it a look over should KMan choose to release it. It's practicality is light years ahead of many of the higher priced CIB's out these days. He performed it for me this weekend, and I will admit that I was one of the people looking for a hole in the bottle afterwards. It really is that visual. He showed me the workings after, and I was able to perform it almost instantly after learning the technique. I don't claim to be a historian in any regard, but I do have quite an extensive library of CIB's and magic material in general, and have never seen the concept used discussed previously. KMan states as a con that it is somewhat bottle specific, however I will say that finding someone that has this kind of bottle should not be difficult at all. Also, they are common enough that should you approach someone with this type of bottle, it would not be at all suspected.

Bottom line: I think KMan has stumbled across a real winner here. It meets all of the qualifications that I want out of a CIB: Almost impromptu, examinable, and easy to do.

Regards,
Dustin
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
I think Ellusionist made a BIG mistake in waiting to release Nick & Matthew's CIB effects. In my opinion the Bullet, the glass version, and Factory Sealed are extrordinary. The problem is, the longer they wait, the more standard (mostly bland, some good) CIB effects are released. They waited waaaay too long. They excitement was high at one point and now dying down some. So instead of releasing the trick of the year they released "blue deck" - wow! "red deck" - oooh! "hover card" - aaaah!

- Just some musings

Forrest Chapman
PuffyDragon
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of PuffyDragon
Extraordinary indeed are the 3 CIB's you are talking about, Forrest.

I've seen them all and they are completely in a universe of their own.
I agree the longer the wait, the more cibs we will see.

I wish Kman1564 all the luck in the world with his magic, but "almost impromptu" doesn't beat "completely impromptu."

I'm sure though, Ellusionist will surprise us though with a package really worth waiting for.
They did a great job with those 3 Loop DVD's.

The 3 CIBS are Killer VISUAL and Killer CLEAN.
I'll be sure to grab them whenever and wherever they pop up.
Amade3us
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
139 Posts

Profile of Amade3us
Well, I had hoped to head off the comparisons to a product that a release date hasn't even been set for by mentioning them myself, but apparently I have done quite the opposite. I understand that a few of you have actually seen Nick's CIBs (Mr. Chapman and Puffy, you may be amongst those that have), but I'm not going to dig through the E thread to figure out which of you have. I will say that I think those of you that really belive that there will be no setup at all for E's are only fooling yourselves. KMan (Koby) and myself shot a rough video explanation of his trick just yesterday to have something to start from. We'll be going out throughout the next week to get some reactions on video, and to shoot a final explanation. After everything is done we plan to be giving away a handful of copies for reviews and to make one last check to make sure nothing like this has been done before, then we'll be moving on to releasing.

Please don't be offended by any of my statements as I will be amongst the first to gobble up E's when they release them. I just truly believe that trying to compare to a product that a release date is still unknown is rather silly. This is the last time I will mention E in this thread, and I would appreciate it if any of you feel the need to mention that one to do so in that thread.

Thanks,

Dustin
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
I've actually devised a way of doing it completely impromptu. IMO, it's one of the most visual penetrations, too. Let me know if you have any other questions. Will be filming it next week.

- Koby
Tempesta
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
398 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
KMan, great advice on researching the background of your effect, very important thing to do before any magic release. Your effects really sounds like a knockout though, congrats on creating it and I hope it's a success.

Regarding Ellusionist waiting so long to release the CIB effects, I have a simply explanation. It's not so much about time spent waiting, but time spent working to make these effects the best they can be. The quality, and sheer power f the effects will be breathtaking. They're coming, no worries. : )

||sean ||
//Sean Beard
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
E-book is in its final stages, and I've decided on having a short supplemental video to accompany the e-book as well. I will be giving this to a few named magicians to review before I release it. Hope you all enjoy it. Let me know if you have any questions.

- Koby
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Do we really need another CIB? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL