The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Paypal Problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Profile of STEPHANE-ARNOW
Hi !

Is there magicians who had problem with Paypal payment?

This is the story :

I found and buy a prop on café with a magician. I use Paypal to pay him, with money from a prop that I had sold one day before. All is clear. I have send the prop to my ''customer'' and he give me the money on my Paypal count. and After that I pay for the prop I buy. Ok?

But the seller (the magician very clever on the café) send me a mail : The Paypal Paypal has been refused'' . Paypal make a control on my count and block my money, and since 13 or 14 days nearly!! I can't pay, or even use the money from my first transaction!!!

They can't give me why, and when.

Now my count is deblocked : I can make Paypal payment! But the money that I need for ...is not available on my count. Hold by Paypal ... or stolen...

If magician had problem similar, say me on Café. I used Paypal in the past without problem, but it seems that the society in Europe changed...it is a new one...and they have specials way to use their service.

Cheers
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Not sure if this solves your problem but I think that, even though it shows on your PayPal account, there's still a 10 day clearing period.

Mark
Mark Daniel
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

10 days ok , but 15 days... It beginns to make me mad.

If I use a customer associtation to fight Paypal, it will take too much time. Why they do such controls WITHOUT any rules?
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1351 Posts

Profile of reedrc
CALL PAYPAL - They are typically very good on fixing these sort's of issues.
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Ive never had problems with paypal.... but what I usually do is when am sent money from someone using paypal, I usually go ahead and have that do directly into my bank account..I don't have it sit in a paypal account balance. Once its cleared into my bank account and I don't have a paypal balance, I then pay people with my bank account or credit card.

Point is, I don't let my money sit in a paypal account with a balance.
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

I have let my money just few hours !! But all has been blocked !
In France, reedrc, I call paypal but I fell they ae not very good to fix the problem...since 2 weeks! and my seller who waiting ! It makes me in a incomfordable situation.
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
GOOD Luck!!! Pay Pal is known for this! I had a problem with them a few years agao and had to eat a $1100.00 loss

I will NEVER accepts PayPal again for anything!
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I've been fighting for two years for some money that I never recieved. It came out of the customers account (bank) but never got to me.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
The Paypal user agreement is just as bad as all the others. It basically says they can do whatever they want to and you have no rights, none, nada. So there.

That being said, they actually make VERY few mistakes for as many transactions as they handle, and they try hard to resolve problems as quickly as they can. Some folks, like MrBill, do fall through the cracks, though. I hope you don't, too.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Welcome to the club - that is why I stay away from paypal . . . (I once started a thread on it as well)
Cards never lie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Paypal Problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL