The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best Ring To Impossible Location? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I am performing a killer ring and string routine and upon conclusion am looking for the best impossible location to produce the ring from. Can someone recommend something?
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I saw a girl on You-tube, buck naked, produce a red silk. Better not say where she pulled it from.

Jim
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I guess a Lippencott box or Porper strong box would work alright but a big bulky to carry in a pocket. A traditional ring flight is unpredictable and it's clasp is a hassle. Perhaps a small wallet of some sort if I can find one. Can anyone recommend a good small sized wallet with zipper?
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Profile of Angelo the Magician
Hi!

For my experience the best way is to produce it from the inner pocket of the jacket of a spectator. It is funny, no suspicious prop and easy to carry with you Smile!

Angelo
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Angelo gives a great idea ("put-pocket" works with cards and wallets too)thanks man!

Depending on your venue and audience you could simply reproduce the ring in your shoe (beer can to shoe, brick to shoe moves).

If you are wearing a jacket a small Lippincott box is not that bulky (mine is two inches cube with a hasp. I use a small Zip tie to "lock" it. You have to cut the zip tie to open it. I carry about a half dozen ties for an evening of table hopping. I can use them to lock the box and for a quick thumb tie routine.

Almost any reel-less ring flight will serve. The better "lobster claw" clasps are pretty much self-working and no real hassle. The Brio/Porper version will fit your needs if you don't normally wear a jacket and the Morelli ring flight will work for you if you wear a jacket.

Sanders new "interlace" is also a novel approach to the theme. The ring ends up tied to your shoe with your shoelace.

Vanishing the ring in one hand to find it on the finger of the other hand is an old standby and is usually the climax of a longer ring and string routine.

This ought to get you brainstorming.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
You can try the Ruassian wallet . Its a nested wallet where the ring appears in a folded hankie of the smallest wallet.

Or Viking's Card To Wallet-Plus . Let me know if you're interested in this.
Bernard Sim
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I ordered a Viking Lippencott Box today for casual performing since it seemed to be the most practical solution I could find. The Morrelli Ring I purchased from Harry will be ideal for my more formal performances and a wonderful addition to my collection! Clasps seem like a hassle if you are looking for a quick deposit from a Clifton ring move at the conclusion of your ring and string routine.

I've also looked at Sanders' "Interlace" but the preparation seems so involved for one effect that you might as well opt for a topit instead. Right now, my climax is the old standby finger on the opposite hand. I checked out the Russian Wallet and the Card to Wallet Plus and they both appear to have a lot of potential. Are you selling one, Bernard?
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
174 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Hello everyone in Ring Land,

Rmendez, when you say that you might as well opt for a topit instead, this would allow you to do what eactly...produce the ring from your pocket?

Interlace does involve a little prep, but after that you have a miracle ending to a ring and string routine that ABSOLUTELY DESTROYS LAYMEN AND MAGICIANS and MAKES TOTAL SENSE!

To end my ring and string routine, I have the spectator hold the string between his hands and I vaniish the ring saying that it will appear back on the shoelace.
After the vanish, the spectator looks at the shoelace in his hands to discover that it isn't there, they look up at me and I say, not that one, and I look down and their ring is now hanging from the shoelace of my own shoe...it doesn't get much stronger than this...the reactions are "through the roof!"

The idea of a lippencott box, to me, is a little old school and smells of magic prop and lacks any type of logical flow.

Best magically,

Rich
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Richard, no, that was my mistake and out of context. What I meant to say was for the amount of preparation involved for a single effect, one might opt for a topit where it could be used with multiple effects. In my profesional opinion; however, Interlace is ingenious and outside the box thinking as everything you release to the magic community. I will agree that a Lippencott box is a bit old school but still a classic, practical and very entertaining to lay audiences.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-05-24 06:26, Richard Sanders wrote:

The idea of a lippencott box, to me, is a little old school and smells of magic prop and lacks any type of logical flow.

Best magically,

Rich

I'm not in your league, but the lippencott box kills. s with anything, it has to be done right.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mr.Crebar
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of Mr.Crebar
Richard Sanders is great with these effects
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
314 Posts

Profile of A.J.
Harry has a great idea of using Zip ties to "lock" your Lippencott box...very practical and easy on your pockets. Nice tip! Thanks.

A.J.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Presi Diaconis, when he worked for Richard Himber developed an effect where an object (a ring will work) vanished and appeared in a small purse PINNED to the back of your jacket. Luke Jermey writes about a similar effect in the current Genii.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Interlace is the most amazing effect I own. It's right up there with my Kennedy Box.
Kevin Viner
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego, CA
203 Posts

Profile of Kevin Viner
I'll put in my vote for "Just in Case" by Porper/Biro. I use it nightly in restaurant work, and it never fails to get great reactions.
viris
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of viris
Interlace hands down.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
If you end in a vanish, martin sanderson has a good idea on his buisiness dvd with "ring to sealed envolope"
TheGiz
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of TheGiz
Why not use a ring flight? Mixed in with your carkeys. Let them hold the keys before you "vanish" the ring and guarantee your car should you fail. Or something along those lines. Good luck!!! Think twice before manipulating othere people's jewelry. I've heard horror stories.
http://blackbeltmagician.com

"And it's a good thing I only use my power for good!!!"
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
No horror stories with Just IN Case (no reel).
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I don't see the problem with reels....
if your professional you should have public liability insurance,
etiene pradiersays in his lecture, should you be unfortunate enough to have a "problem" with a ring after the "flight", just say to the spec, I'm insured, here is my card, call me in the office on monday and I will get it taken care of
after all, these loose stones etc, how often does it really happen?
I must be lucky, no problems so far, just gasps at the effect that has taken place
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best Ring To Impossible Location? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL