We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Tony Clark Card manipulation video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
Hello!
Yes, I do!
I've McBride's DVDs, but if you can't get enough, go and buy it! It's worth the money!
You learn exact his routine (can be find on youtube)!

For me the "diminishing cards" and the "perpetual fans" were the reason I bought it for!

Also appearing cane and vanishing cane are explained!
Juniper587
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Juniper587
It's absolutely great. It helps you to learn some great moves and a great routine. It also helps as it gives you an idea of what a good routine looks like so can make a nice routine for yourself.

Sam
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
I have a copy for sale if you'd like. PM me for details. It's a great DVD, but I quite honestly have too many...
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
PM sent
durgy
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto
398 Posts

Profile of durgy
Is there a link somewhere to the routine?
http://www.durgyspade.com
facebook.com/durgyspade
twitter.com/durgyspade
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
Hey that's an alright routine..I might look into getting it.

Danton
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5345 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
This is one of the better teaching videos on card manipulation available. Frankly, if you only had one card manipulation teaching video this would be the one to get.

There are a number of reasons. First, you get good solid instruction on the basic elements/slights needed in developing a routine. Second, you get to see a well thought out routine that has a clear beginning, middle, and end that brings the routine full circle. Third, the elements are magical happenings , very visual, and easy for an audience to follow. Finally, the length is just right.

It is unlike many/most card manipulation acts being performed. They seem to be just so much hand washing, juggling, and showing off with little or no thought to presentation or audience appeal. If you learned this routine by rote and didn’t have the time to build one of your own, you would still have a routine that will stand you in good stead for your performing career. In all it is a good model to follow.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

As a beginning card manipulator, would it be more beneficial to get this video first, or the Jeff McBride Art of Card Manipulation videos?

Either way, someday I'll probably get them all, just wondering which would be best to get first. I heard the McBride videos are very good. I have manipulation without tears, so I have a very very basic knowledge of manipulation.

Thanks for your help,
The Great Danton
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
That is a nice routine, no body loads either, whoo hoo! I have all 3 of McBrides AoCM videos and he doesn't teach the perpetual card fans. Not to hard to figure out tho if you watch Tony's or Lances video if you are familiar at all with CM but it would have been nice to include it.
3mjo
View Profile
New user
Germany
20 Posts

Profile of 3mjo
Jeff McBride teaches the "Perpetual Card Fans" on Volume 2 of "The Art of Card Manipulation". It is called "Challenge Card Fan Production".
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
Quote:
On 2007-05-28 14:02, 3mjo wrote:
Jeff McBride teaches the "Perpetual Card Fans" on Volume 2 of "The Art of Card Manipulation". It is called "Challenge Card Fan Production".

...yes but its another way to do it!Tonys perpertual fans are more magical and not so obvious like McBrides!!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5345 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
T. G. Danton, paraphrase what I said above. If you were to get only one teaching video it would be this one. For the absolute beginner this is a fine start point. It will give you everything you need. You won't need another for some years if ever (you'll get, study, and "want" other videos, but you won't "need" them).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
Quote:
On 2007-05-28 14:45, chrisgali wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-28 14:02, 3mjo wrote:

...yes but its another way to do it!Tonys perpertual fans are more magical and not so obvious like McBrides!!

Yes, I agree. Different technique entirley.
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
Harry,is right. After watching Tony's perfomance video this would be all most card manipulators need. I will never use a lot of the stuff on the McBride videos.
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Thanks guys!

I will probably pick this one up first..then later if I think I need to, I will get the McBride videos.

Danton
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
I got McBrides Dvds first, after watching, I didn't get enough, so I bought many others like
-Romaine "Monarch of manipulations"
-Stephane Vanel "Manipulations"
-Tony Clarks "Winning award card routine"
-McBrides "Without tears"
-Jeff Sheridan "Genius at work"
-Eddy Ray "Slight of hand with cards"

all of that are great, you can perform many many routines only with the McBrides one or Tonys Dvd, you`ll learn much more as the basics, but if you cant get enough like me, than buy all you can find about manipulations, on every dvd theres something not mentioned on others!!
nice greets chris
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jeff McBrides "Manipulation Without tears" is incredible. It gives the beginner the basics to go onto to advanced things, or just keep with the basics and have a wonderful act.

Here's a clip of what's on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Zl5hPFBVU

E-mail Jeff for order info:jeff@mcbridemagic.com
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Where do you get the dvd or Stephane Vanel "Manipulations"?

This is not one I have.

IMHO, the Eddie Ray dvd has a lot of moves but the big problem with this dvd he has no suggestions of how to get into the move and out. Almost every move looks like an opener.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Tony Clark Card manipulation video (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL