The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Peter Duffie's "Trance-Fusion" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6903 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Peter Duffie's newest E-trick is available now on his website http://www.peterduffie.com.

Watch the demo. Just when you think you might possibly know what's going on -- boom! -- a great kicker ending.

The bonus effect looks very nice too!

Where's fellow Duffie enthusiast Andrew Loh...? I'm sure he'll have a few words to say about this Smile
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4449 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I saw the demo, and agree, I was led down the garden path! That sneaky Mr Duffie has gone and done it again!!!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
A link that works: http://www.peterduffie.com/

As usual - amazing! Peter is one of the few people who can REALLY fool you with a card trick! My order IS IN!

Dave.
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
I got a bit confused as to how he ended up with three blank cards. He started with two jokers and two selected cards.

The two selected cards supposedly fused into one, which should have left the two jokers, or two blank cards, but he had three blank cards. He actually ended up with one extra card, going with that presentation.

Phil
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Cameron, yes, I have just viewed both the clips, one word "Awesome" and Peter has done it again. Smile - It's brilliant and truly amazing. I just couldn't believe it what I have just watched the clip. Smile

Totally unexpected with a great kicker ending! Smile

Best Wishes,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6903 Posts

Merlin, actually if the ink jumped off of one card to the back of another selection, it would indeed leave you with four cards.

Dave, thanks for the corrected link. Smile
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Hi Folks,

Thank you for your kind comments. They are much appreciated. Regarding the discrepancy mentioned by Merlin: I do mention in the video explanation that there is a possible dicrepancy. But, it's a matter of perception. I think if the trick finished with three Jokers, rather than three blanks, it would appear odd - a spectator might wonder, "Hmm, he started with two Jokers and now he has three?" That everything goes blank at the end negates such thoughts making Cameron's explanation very feesible.

Bear in mind that your spectators will only see this once in real time. For them, there is no discrepancy - just dropped jaws!

Best Wishes

Peter
Alternative Magic
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4449 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I think the idea that the ink has transferred is better. I did notice a discrepancy on the video, but that was forgotten about by the kicker ending
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
THIS IS TERRIBLE... WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD BUY THIS....

JUST KIDDING yes my order is in and I will use thise effect till the cows come home. I am in your debt Mr Duffie

Alan Rorrison
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6903 Posts

While I totally agree with Peter that the descrepancy doesn't really matter, if you want to justify it you could use the following patter line:

"If I place your nine of clubs and your two of diamonds face up between the two face down Jokers and give a little snap and then run through the cards... it appears that the nine has turned face down. But in actual fact, the ink has jumped to the back of the two!"

Or something to that effect.

I'm having a blast playing with this.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Thanks Cameron for sharing your thoughts!

Yes, at first, I realised there was a discrepancy but yes, I do agree that due to the killer ending, which I thought a good cover of the discrepancy. I am still learning the routine will discuss more when I finish.

Overall, both the effects are excellent. I love That's a Fact too. Smile

Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1144 Posts

Profile of Salby
Really nice. If this is used with gimmicked cards, how is it just a download video/pdf file?? Shouldn't the buyer also receive the gimmicked card(s).

Another idea I have to correct the possible inconsistency that someone above noted:

What about the ink of 1 card's pips and numbers be "printed" on the actual red "2 Angel" cardback of the bicycle card?? A card similar to this is in Daryl's PRESTO PRINTO effect. This way, it is a regular 2D and then the ink of the other card is "printed" on the red back of the 2D. The other card would be blank fromwhere the ink was "removed".

This would make a lot more sense, although the effect that Peter Duffie created is Great, in itself!!!
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6903 Posts

Salby, the gimmicks required are standard and easily acquired.

While the Presto Printo idea is really cool, it wouldn't work with this particular routine.

And, yes, Andrew, I agree that "That's A Fact" is pretty sweet as well Smile
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Hi Salby - thank you for your comments & good suggestions. However, Cameron is right - the pip idea won't work with this :-(

Regarding the supply of cards. There are two approaches for me:

Package this as a hsrd-copy packet trick complete with cards and sell bulk to a wholesalter (See Magic City for some of my tricks with props supplied|). Or sell direct to you via my website.

People outside of the UK (USA, etc) just don't buy hard-copy packet tricks like this from my site. They want e-books and e-tricks. My Move Mastery CDROMs seem to an exception! The cards for this are standard gaffs. There is nothing to cut or split.

BTW - there is a Move Mastery #3 coming up featuring False Deals....

Best Wishes

Peter
Alternative Magic
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Here's my review about TranceFusion and That's a Fact:

If you are looking great, memorable, coolest and entertaining card magic, look no further, "TranceFusion" and "That's a Fact" would be your best bet. I think it's really an effect which should not be missed.

Best,
Andrew Loh

www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Here's my review about TranceFusion and That's a Fact:

If you are looking great, memorable, coolest and entertaining card magic, look no further, "TranceFusion" and "That's a Fact" would be your best bet. I think it's really an effect which should not be missed.

Best,
Andrew Loh

www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
NOTE !!

My friend who updated my site for me while I was away made an error.

The price for TranceFusion should be an introductory offer of $10.50 and NOT $15.00!

All purchasers have now received a Paypal refund to correct this.

Best Wishes

Peter
Alternative Magic
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3327 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
I too was 'led up the garden path' with this one, and yes, did notice a discrepancy - but that was gone in an instant when I saw the ending. Typical genius from Mr Duffie and once more, using his beloved blank facers! (My fave though, Peter, is still Beyond Belief in TDCL)
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1777 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
These two effect look great & represent a great value, but Peter could you provide a little insight into your MIraculous Minds Ebook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Peter Duffie's "Trance-Fusion" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL