The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Gods gift to kids entertainers (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
sjballa147
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
278 Posts

Profile of sjballa147
I have you all beat Gods gift to childrens entertainers is children. Am I right or am I right?
Shane
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Shane,

an interesting thought...are you talking about the amazing audience helper...if you are then I might be inclined to agree with you...nothing more magical than a perfect helper and you just know when you've picked one...the response is amazing!

smartini
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
Sponge Balls
Sponge Balls
Sponge Balls
Sponge Balls
Sponge Balls
Sponge Balls
Sponge Balls
Sponge Balls

A glass (or bottle) of wine after the show.

Sincerely

Bill Abbott
rogueclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Hollywood
320 Posts

Profile of rogueclown
Nice one Mr. Abbott. I have enjoyed your dvds. Thanks for putting them out there. Chico is a GREAT one too.
RogueClown
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
Thanks RogueClown!
Chico is the brother I never had.
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
If you were to purchase some Wacky Wolf products that fit your show then you would be the exception rather than the rule. The folks that have posted here are Wacky Wolf owners from literally all over the world or at least all over North America. This is one of the selling features of any well made/quality magic...that no one else has them because the price excludes the casual from doing so.

HI,
I do own one wolf product the small french Gullotine, I carry it for my adult
close up. Though for my kids/cabaret shows I have a personal dislike for proppy type stuff
Phillip
danryb
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of danryb
I would say a ballon.
there are no limits with a sinlge, simple, regular ballon.
just fun and laughter as it snaps back on your finger or flies over the kids heads.

enjoy,
Dani
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4617 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Ahoy! Nice to see another pirate adding his piece of eight! I think this is a great area of debate, and though I'm sure we all agree that children are God's gift to kids' entertainers, I don't think they count as "props". I also have most of Chance Wolf's collection, which is fantastic, my new KaBlammo is simply the most awesome prop I own, and my routine will last at least ten minutes, of non-stop action! I also bought Mr Abbott's brilliant Chico routine, ready to go, which I'm currently turning into a vent rountine - thanks Bill! The "Wand to Snake" from Siam Magic is a gem. I also get maximum entertainment from my parrot "Squawk", which is Pedro from Steve Axtell's collection. Squawk appeals to every single audience member in any show! Plus, no end of routines that can be written.
But I feel that the best "simple" prop for me is the snake can, or a variation of it. Kids adore animation of any kind in a magic show, and the sight of snakes flying out of a can always guarantees a laugh. I have lots of different snakes, and it's easy to add the snake can gag into dozens of different routines. (I recently made up some sticks of "dynamite" filled with snakes, can you guess what I'll use them for?) I suppose the thing that makes the snake can funny is how high you can jump, and how realistic your reactions appear. I have one question to throw out, though - how do you stop the kids from mutilating the snakes? My answer is to make sure they fly backwards, so the kids can't grab 'em!
Derek Rutt Creations
View Profile
Regular user
thailand
172 Posts

Profile of Derek Rutt Creations
Potty
I am really pleased that you like my wand to snake........but to answer I think my favourite of all time still has to be Break away wand and break fan. And I also agree with you about the use of snakes !!!
Derek
Hope this helps. Creation is life
www.derekrutt.com
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1821 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Avast Potty, pull into my port sometime and we can down some grog!

I often use a drum loaded snake, and I really don't have much problem with the kids hurting it. The current one I have used well over 1,000 times and is in great shape. I take the plastic wrapper off and put the spring in a nylon cloth wrapper, and that may be what keeps it in shape. I find the snake a great tool to warm up kids that are not sure about this costumed character. It gives them a scare, then they realize everything is fine and they warm up FAST.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Shane you beat me to it. I was going to say children too.
But since we are talking about props, I have to say sponge balls.
Daniel Faith
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
My choice is the Wilting Flower. I use (I think) David Ginn's warmup with it. We have a contest to see if the audience can make the sad flower perk up.

Also, the vanishing Coke Bottle using Lewis' presentation of changing the Coke into snacks.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Leftytheclown, you beat me to the post Smile Yes, I have to say Martin Lewis's Snacks, Alive! is one of the endearing effects for children and adults alike entertainment. Martin Lewis very cleverly delays the surprise and we truly have 2 - 3 moments of wows!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7350 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
KIDS. Their expressions, their creativity, the joy and wonder they posses and lose all too soon.

As the Oak Ridge Boys sang "Thank God for Kids."

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
My choices are:

Steve Axtell Products (Puppets)
Rabbit Puppet in the Hat
Live Rabbit
Spring Snakes

I agree with Sponge Balls, TT, Variety of Comedy Wands, and of course, any Change Bag.

For older kids I'd add, Wiz-Kote, and Pro Viper II.
Dennis Michael
sluggo
View Profile
New user
Mike B.
85 Posts

Profile of sluggo
Axtell drawing board and puppets.
Dad, magic, ventriloquism, facepainter & balloons.
A weakness for coffee (caffeine)
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I gte so much use out of my drawing board. I simply love it. Being an artist, I can really create most anything and really customize each show I do to the occassion. I then can create my own voice overs and record them to my iPod and have a bunch of great routines depending on the venue. I am not a ventriloquist by any means, but doing it this way, allows me to really work magic and get the audience having a great time.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
The rabbit out of the hat (or repeated failures to produce one from a hat) followed by using Barry Mitchell's gimmicked rabbit hutch that totally catches the kids by surprise after they are sure the effort has failed.
Katterfel22
View Profile
Regular user
Greenville, NC
130 Posts

Profile of Katterfel22
Sponge balls, rabbit productions and much to my chagrin... I seem to get a lot of mileage out of the haunted key. ???
Cave ab homine unius libri - Latin epigram
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
My suggestions...

1. Ones Eyes
2. Ones Smile
3. Ones Heart
4. Ones Puppets
5. Ones Music.
6. One Object that becomes many things through an improvisational exercise..
something found at the venue.
7. Making an audience of 2-1402 become One....

Our God is an Awesome God.

With a nod to the new improvisational show...(Thank God you're here)

T.G.I.G....Thank God it's God....

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Gods gift to kids entertainers (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL