The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Gods gift to kids entertainers (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
Although I need not mention the creator, I will openly vouch for his great product:
Ridiculous Ravioli!!!! I mention this because it does indeed include the wonderful surprise of spring snakes and is very appropriate to mention here. The routine possibilities are endless and the included routine is great but there are so many other possibilities.

Also: BJ Hickman's spring snake(s) in the ovaltine jar (and the fact you can actually make it so you can open the jar and NOTHING comes out...then open it and the giant spring snake(s) come out...it's also a winner as far as snakes go!

There are many great plastic containers, especially for dietary supplements at health food stores, that are the perfect size for spring snakes. Which opens the doors to many wonderful possibilities!!!

Best to All! Great thread!!!
Chris

Harris: Our God is an Awesome God!!!!

Mumblmore: I used Mitchell's Rabbit Hutch..it's the best rabbit production, and the most natural looking, I've ever...EVER...seen! I'm allergic to rabbits, so I can't use my rabbit any more (she's my daughter's pet anyway, so she's happy to have him home all the time)....I don't believe Barry produces these anymore, does he? If you find one, grab it and keep it!
Tim David
View Profile
Regular user
MA
164 Posts

Profile of Tim David
I'd have to say my Lefler Table.

As long as it's FULL of amazing kid's props like:

* Pet Store Pranks
* Spring Animal
* Balloons
* Sponge Balls
* Ropes
* Dream Bag
* And one small child for good measure
Go spread some wonder

http://www.TimDavidMagic.com
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6889 Posts

Profile of bowers
I would have to say my thumb tip. I never go to a show without it. so many things can be done with this versatile prop.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
My Lefler table is an important, versatile piece of my equipment. I agree with you completely. It permits me to bring many of the props already mentioned and more. As an example, I had a recent show where one of my major props failed during my test before the performance. I was looking to get about five to seven minutes out of it. I had to ditch it and I had plenty of things to choose from. Ironically, it was a cub scout show and I was "prepared."
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Give me a balloon, a pocket hanky, and a thumb tip, and I can entertain all afternoon. At the moment my favourite is the hanky.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
I remember when the toy of the year was ......

...the envelope please.....

A stick

A stick is great fun for a 4 year old. In the hands of a master comedian...Jonathan Winters...priceless..

Harris
"where does he get all those toys"
deutsch
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Beowulf
View Profile
Loyal user
Thomas A. Lilly
281 Posts

Profile of Beowulf
Packs reasonably flat, plays large, magician-in-jeopardy, loads of laughs: the silver sceptre.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Every trick in my case has been carefully selected by me because it fits my show, and I am the star of that show. My secret weapon is me.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I like that Al! I like that a lot! Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24053 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The Magic Café.
TheGreatNancini
View Profile
Veteran user
Ohio
373 Posts

Profile of TheGreatNancini
Quote:
On 2012-02-24 18:05, Al Angello wrote:
Every trick in my case has been carefully selected by me because it fits my show, and I am the star of that show. My secret weapon is me.

Al, I couldn't have said it better myself! That definitely sums up our shows as well!

There are many wonderful props out there to choose from, but no matter how wonderful or versatile they may be for one person, that may not be the case with another.

Matthew and I also only purchase props that fit our shows.

We have sold many great props that did not make the cut for us, yet we have seen other good magicians do wonderful things with those same props.

I have seen several magicians perform with the exact same props and yet they looked totally different because of individual creativity and personality.

It would be really hard for me to pick the "one" great prop for us, because there are so many and we have several shows that utilize different props that are unique to the vibe we are trying to convey.

On another note: There seems to be a common answer on the Café' whenever anyone asks about favorite props, that you are not really a good magician unless you can do your entire show without any props.

It seems to convey a feeling that a magician with no props is somehow cooler than one with props. I personally have seen really bad "entertainers" with lots of props and without hardly any props.

I have seen wonderful acts utilizing rabbits and I have seen my share of bad rabbit acts.......

One of the bad acts that comes to mind was at a magic convention a couple of years ago during the big show, where a magician handled a rabbit so roughly and inhumane that the entire audience was gasping in horror and saying things like "aww poor bunny", or "I feel so sorry for that rabbit". A friend of ours loaned rabbits to one of the good acts that night, and his daughter started crying, thinking it was her rabbit the bad act was hurting.
-- Nancilee N. Jones --
Website | Facebook | Twitter
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I have two off the rack tricks that I use for stage shows, everything else in my show is rope, scissors, ring, tube, bag, silks, wand, and cards. As the great Nancini explained it is the magician that makes the props work.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Gods gift to kids entertainers (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL