We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Need a few more Gospel Themes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
Recently some of you helped me with Gospel Themes - here are a couple more tricks. Can anyone give me a general "message" idea?

Flash string to Silk
Silk to Egg (the routine where you end up cracking open a real egg)
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Ooooo you're making me really think.

I would do flash string to silk and then go into silk to egg routine with no gospel patter pertaining to string to silk...but for silk to egg routine, you could use the following thought...What are you filled with...are you empty and you keep trying to fill your life with things that don't belong there...(this would be where you expose trick and show silk in egg) then for the finale, "when you have Christ in your life, you're no longer empty, but filled with the right stuff...Jesus! [Crack the egg open and pour it out]

This is just from top of my head, I hope it gets some ideas sparked.

Keep the faith!
SSG
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of SSG
I do the silk blow with a trinity patter theme.

A cut and restored rope, where you tie a knot and then slide it off, can also be used as a Jesus gets rid of our sin themed trick.
kaleido-magic
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of kaleido-magic
In a simpler mode, you could talk about how what might be considered slimy, ugly, or ucky inside, God can turn it into something beautiful. Turn what is bothering you over to God. That would be for the silk in egg.

Flash change to silk, might be used to emphasize an immediate change in choice.

Brett Bensley
rbennett
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of rbennett
TMOWENS you are great - I say that because I am going on my very first missions trip in July and wondering what I could add to my program. When I read your reply to JonathanM, that was all it took.

Is there a list of magic vs bible scripture anywhere?

Thanks again to all of you.

rbennett
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I actually have a list of magic effects and bible verses that can go with it. Too lengthy to post here though.
DocEdward
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of DocEdward
Quote:
On 2007-06-04 17:05, tmowens wrote:
I actually have a list of magic effects and bible verses that can go with it. Too lengthy to post here though.

TMOWENS, do you list any of these anywhere? Or can you suggest a good resource for them?
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I'm not sure where I got it, but it is not listed anywhere to my knowledge. It's at least 20 years old
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Need a few more Gospel Themes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL