The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What's the best "Spectator cuts to the Aces" self working (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I've searched quite a few threads, but haven't found much on self working spec cuts to the aces. I used to do one years ago where they cut the deck into 4 piles and the aces were the top card of each pile. Now for the life of me, I can't remember the method. Thanks for your help!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
I think the effect you are referring to is the Poker Players Picnic in The Royal Road to Card Magic. With a good presentation it can be a very strong spectator cuts the aces.

Regards,

Paul H
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
There are several semi-automatic versions of this trick in print. Check out John Bannon's latest book for starters.
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
Osterlind's "Dad's Favorite" also fits the bill. It can be found on one of his DVD sets, but more recently, it is featured (both performance and explanation) on the free performances DVD (third volume) that you get with any order.

Posted: May 28, 2007 10:05pm
From L&L Publishing, that is.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
David Regal has a great one, cannot remember the name of it, anyone ?
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
There is a good practically self-working version in one of Jerry Mentzer's Card Cavalcade books. Not quite as "self working" as "Poker Player's Picnic" however!
Joker63
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Joker63
Giobbi covers 'The spectator cuts the aces' in Vol 1 of Card College (p. 51). Not self working, but fairly easy - being early in the series he doesn't assume that you now many different of difficult sleights.
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Harry Lorayne has multiple methods for this too.
Magic CPA
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Magic CPA
There's a very easy self-working spectator cuts to the aces type trick on David Tower's Easy-to-Do Magic DVD. I believe it's called Spectator Finds the Aces. I prefer to enhance the trick with a false shuffle and cut first but it's not really necessary.
Ron Slater
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Ron Slater
I second John Bannon's Final Verdict from Dear Mr. Fantasty. An inexpensive book filled with great material, most of which is easy to do with a few self workers. Final Verdict is not entirely self working but close to it. The spectators make the cuts and also get to turn over all four cards. It truly goes over well, one of my favorite card tricks to perform, always gets a great reaction.

Cheers,

Ron
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of drmagico
Quote:
On 2007-05-30 00:20, Rennie wrote:
David Regal has a great one, cannot remember the name of it, anyone ?
Rennie

It's called "How in the World" and was published in Apocalypse Oct 1989 issue. I've used it for years and it is a fooler!
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
David Williamson also has a very nice effect liek this.. In his book 'Williamson's Wonder's" And is also included on one of his DVD's..It is on Sleight of Dave.. and is called 'Spectator Cuts To The Kings' (of course you can change it to aces) sorry I even had to mention that :-D
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
Quote:
On 2007-05-25 21:06, lunatik wrote:
I've searched quite a few threads, but haven't found much on self working spec cuts to the aces. I used to do one yrs ago where they cut the deck into 4 piles and the aces were the top card of each pile. now for the life of me, I can't remember the method. thanks for your help!

The basic set up for that one is 4 aces on top of deck. Seperate the four piles. The moves for the spectator are three cards from top to bottom of the pile and one card on each of the other three piles. Just make sure to use the pile with the aces last. This might even be in the Karl Fulves book.

S. Patrick
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
There is a nice (self - working) version published in the December 2005 issue of MAGIC magazine - Joshua Jay also chose it as one of the ten best effects published that year in MAGIC magazine...
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hello Bob,

Is that the Breakless Aces effect? Sadly that issue is OOP.

Regards,

Paul H
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Hello Paul. 'Breakless Ace's' seems to be on the new L&L Joshua Jay set.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Yes it is Paul...
jbk2006
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
230 Posts

Profile of jbk2006
I really like the 2 versions on the Sankey/Sanders session DVDs. They are really good, self-working, and practical. Eugene Burger has a nice variation also.... but Fulves variation is the one I use the most.
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
I "third" Ron Slater's second of Final Verdict in John Bannon's Dear Mr. Fantasy - a great book.
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Many thanks guys. Looks like I will be getting into the new Joshua Jay set.

Regards,

Paul H
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What's the best "Spectator cuts to the Aces" self working (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL