The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Joe Marotta (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Congrats to Joe, one of FCM's own for making Magic Magazine for June issue for breaking the Guiness World for most handcuffs escaped from. I would do good with just one (can't seem to get the thing off). Good job Joe!
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Thanks Terry!

How cool, they have my picture and everything! I went to Best Magic in Anaheim yesterday an got an autographed copy.

This is more exciting then the time my name was published in the phone book. Wow, I'm somebody, I'm really somebody!
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Lol...You are somebody! I just thought it was great exposure for you and I'm glad to see Christian Magicians stand out for a change. (for the good)
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I had dinner with Ron London last week, had a great time and then he lectured at the local IBM ring. He's a great guy.
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Thank you Terry. I think Christians should strive for excellence in whatever they do. Speaking of Ron London, he has spoken to the LA chapter of the FCM once before and I agree, he is a great guy and magician.

Many people might not know that there are some excellent, world-class magicians who are also born-again Christians; for example world-renowned magic inventor/performer Andre Kole, FISM winners Tim Ellis and Sue-Ann Webster, FISM Grand Prix winner Johnny Ace Palmer, and also Max Maven.

Okay, I just through in Max to see if anyone was paying attention. I’m not sure but I’m guessing that Max wouldn’t call himself a born-again Christian. But what Max and the rest of these people all have in common is that they are all top in their class and excellent performers.

I’d love to see more Christians take their performances to the next level and strive for excellence, and in doing so, bring honor to God.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Here, here...I guess one of my pet peeves is the type of equipment that is usually associated with "Gospel Magic". It's usually not the greatest equipment being used. I've got a series of 30 sec spots that I will be recording this week for a Christian Television Station to be aired nationally that will be aimed at the adult audience. It's been fun trying to put together a 30 second spot, show an effect and get a message out, all at the same time. But I'm up for the challenge...it's actually been easier than my "Kids Thought" spots which were a minute.

Take care and keep taking it to another level!
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Prayers are with you as you tape the TV spots this week. I watched a few of your Kids Thought spots on your website and they were great. Looking forward to seeing you on TV out here in California!
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
If people have direct TV or Dish TV they are being shown in California...TCT the network I'm working with is on both dish systems...I hope to have the spots posted on my site for others to see..thanks for the prayers
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Joe- Congrats!

Besides who you listed, who else is Christian (whether or not their magic reflects it)?

Also Max Maven is cool regardless of which...he just recently had triple bypass surgery so keep him in your prayers.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Off the top of my head? Let's see, there's. . .

Dean Dill
Jeff Martin "The Blond Curley Haired Magician'
Dana Daniels and possibly his partner Luigi
Adam Christing
Randy Pryor
Steve Hart
Steve Brooks (yes, THAT Steve Brooks)
Ice McDonald
. . .
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Cool-Don't forget

Duane Laflin
Tony Chapek
Sam Sandler

amongst others
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
As well as Justin miller

illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
How do you know that Tim Ellis & Sue Webster are Christians? Obviously it's wonderful if they are.

Lou
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2007-05-31 18:47, illusions & reality wrote:
How do you know that Tim Ellis & Sue Webster are Christians? Obviously it's wonderful if they are.

Lou

Check out the follwing intro by Steve Brooks for the March 2006 Magic Café entree:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=4453398

In the intro Steve states:

"Tim says he is first and foremost a Christian."

Also check out:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......st=14730

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Hi Terry,

Thanks so much for the links. That's extremely encouraging!

Lou
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Hi Lou,

Somewhere on their website is mention of it. So a few years back I contacted them about giving a lecture to the LA chapter of the FCM. I asked if they would share about their faith at the lecture and they were very excited to do so. They gave a great testimony about their faith in Christ and what that means to them. Sue-Ann told me that of all the magic lectures they were doing in the states that year, ours was the one they were looking forward to the most because no one else has ever asked them to share their faith during a lecture! How cool is that?

Joe
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Oh and Brock Gill

Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Why don't we start a NEW Topic with this list of performers in it. It just feels weird seeing a topic with my name in the title each day....
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Also Dan Sperry and the Magic Duo "Maze"

Ok, Joe, I'll start a new topic

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Joe Marotta (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL