The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel Magic Lectures (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Hi Everyone,

The FCM members on the West coast are thinking about hosting a gospel magic convention next year in Los Angeles.

Any suggestions on who we can invite to give a workshop/lecture? Steve Varro is first on my list... any others I should ask?

Please include contact info with their names if you have it.

Thanks,

Joe Marotta
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Well, there are the old standbys, like Paul Evert, Jim Todd, Ken Tibbs and Duane Laflin. Also, Steve Taylor, Sammy Smith and David Ginn have all done FCM conventions in the past. Another person to try is past president Jerry Burgess. FCM headquarters would have their contact info.

Scott F. Guinn

Great Scott! It’s Magic!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
yellowguy
View Profile
New user
Canada
17 Posts

Profile of yellowguy
Derek Sellinger. He’s well on his way to becoming one of the world’s best performers. He doesn't really advertise his Christian background, but he does perform for both Christian and Non-Christian venues...

Check him out. I know he does shows for youth events and summer camps.

http://www.theartofwonder.com
tamaka
View Profile
New user
California
17 Posts

Profile of tamaka
Hey Joe,

could you let me know when you are going to have a west coast FCM? I miss them since Steve Varro and Mick had them. Drop me an email if it will happen. tamaka3715@aol.com

thanks

tamaka
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Two time FISM Winners Tim Ellis and Sue Anne Webster were January's guest lecturers for the LA chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Magicians.

Not only are these two wonderful people fantastic magicians and creative thinkers, they are also believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.

During their lecture to about 40 magicians, they told the story of how they met and how they came to believe in Jesus Christ as their God and Savior. It was just a wonderful time.

The LA FCM opened this lecture up to all interested Magic Castle members. And about 15 of them were in attendance. But I wish you ALL could have been there! If Tim and Sue Anne are ever lecturing near you, I encourage you to fly, drive, bus or jog over and see them! You will not regret it!

What a reason to go? How about learning how to finish drinking a can of soda, crushing the empty can in your hand. And not finding another one to open and drink you hold the empty crushed can up for all to see, the can begins to "un-crush" itself completely, the top re-seals itself, and you reopen it and pour out soda from the now restored can!
Oh yes, it really fooled us all there!
So, want to see Tim and Sue Anne now???

This is the LA FCM Lecture Line-up for the next 3 months. These lectures are held at the Magic Castle in Los Angeles and all magicians are welcome:

February 25 - Jeff Martin, "the blond curly-haired magician"
March 18 - Ron London
April 22 - Kif Anderson

If you are interested in attending one of our meetings... we meet at 7:30 PM at the Magic Castle. We normally meet on the 4th Monday of the month, except for the March 18th lecture. You can call or email me for the details.

So if you are in this area, please come and join us. And you don't have to be a Christian to attend our meetings. We open our meetings to all people.

Thanks for letting me post this plug here!

Joe Marotta
jmarotta@pacbell.net
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Quote:
Any suggestions on who we can invite to give a workshop/lecture?

I'm a big fan of Norm Barnhart. He's a great thinker and a solid performer.

Also, Don Bursell is not only hilarious but very well versed in magic, clowning & juggling and is the current President of the FCM in the Minneapolis, MN, area.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Geoff, Thanks for the suggestions! Can you tell me if Norm Barnhart is a Christian or a member of the FCM? Reason being, this is a requirement for FCM convention lecturers.

If we have a west coast convention this year I'll let you know who we book.

Joe Marotta
Steve Varro
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville TN.
116 Posts

Profile of Steve Varro
Yes on both counts.

Norm was on the cover of the Christian Conjurer not long ago. He's a very funny man and a dedicated Christian. Both Don and Norm are from Minneapolis and I would highly recommend them both.

In HIS service,
Steve Varro
International FCM President
STILL In HIS service

Steve Varro

International President of FCM

Owner/Dock Haley Gospel Magic Co.
johncrosby
View Profile
New user
Oviedo, FL
67 Posts

Profile of johncrosby
I need to sharpen my skills, but will most definitely be joining the FCM when I have a chance. I am in the Orlando area and would love to know when something comes up in that area also. Smile
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Hi John,

You can find out about FCM chapters in your area by going to the FCM web site at
http://www.fcm.org
If there isn't one near you, why not start a chapter yourself!

For the Kingdom,

Joe
johncrosby
View Profile
New user
Oviedo, FL
67 Posts

Profile of johncrosby
Joe,

Thanks for the tip, I have checked and there is not one in Orlando, however there is in Tampa. I would love to hear from others in the Orlando area who would be interested in getting together from time to time. I will also be looking into starting a chapter in Orlando in the near future.

John Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel Magic Lectures (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL