The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Young Richard Ross - The Linking Rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
For those who are new to magic or don't know about Richard Ross. This linking ring routine is a classic. Not many before him performed a linking rings routine with only 3 rings. It's one of his trade marks. The only complaint I can make about this video is it' cuts off in the middle of the routine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di4XxI3BzqQ

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
WoodRat
View Profile
Loyal user
California
233 Posts

Profile of WoodRat
It would be nice to see the rest of the routine some day. I like the combination of whimsy and humor he manages to project in his handling of the rings. I'm a minimalist at heart, and so more isn't always better. Three rings/balls/cups seems a natural number to me. Although different in style and approach, Chris Capeheart has a very nice three ring routine too.

Thanks for sharing.
Learn something new everyday.
John Heggie
View Profile
Inner circle
Huntersville, NC
1805 Posts

Profile of John Heggie
Nice.
Thanks for the link.

~John
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Here's a much longer video of him performing the linking rings. It's also a much more recent one. This is what he looked like when I meet him. It's unfortunate that he passed away not long ago.

What I love about his style is there's no "Banging" moves. They melt through.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/540120/ric......g_rings/

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
WoodRat
View Profile
Loyal user
California
233 Posts

Profile of WoodRat
Absolutely beautiful. I love the "Mr. Bean-esque" Ooops, what's happened now? look on his face after some of the links. This outine flows so nicely, true art.

Thanks for sharing!
Learn something new everyday.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks. I always wanted to see his routine.
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Thanks for this link, Ron. Amazing performance. Shame to see so many sub-standard performances of the rings today.
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Quote:
On 2007-06-01 18:29, ChristopherM wrote:
Thanks for this link, Ron. Amazing performance. Shame to see so many sub-standard performances of the rings today.

I have to disagree , there's a lot of guys that are tremendous with the rings of today. There is a guy named Greg Wang in Hawaii he has the most beatiful ring routine that I ever seen. Ask Curtis Kam about him he'll tell ya. Simply amazing.
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Of course there are some excellent ring workers today. Several names come to mind. However, that doesn't cancel out the fact that I have seen some terrible renditions of it which really need a lot more work and attention to detail.
mark1991
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, Lincolnshire, England
311 Posts

Profile of mark1991
Hi there,

Thanks for the link! Nice video!

God bless!

Magical Mark Watson
(mark1991)
http://magicnewstelevision.com/mn/magicalmark

Magical Mark Watson - Christian magician, juggler, puppeteer, all-round entertainer and lover of Christ!
Prof. Alexander
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Prof. Alexander
Hi Jaxon

Never seen or heard of Richard Ross before. Stunningly magical work! Now that I have seen him I will not forget.

Is there somewhere to learn this approach?

all the best
Prof. Alexander
I met this chap at the Olympics. I said to him, "Excuse me but are you a pole vaulter?" he replied "No, I'm German, but how did you know my name was Walter?"
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Richard Ross, Volume 27 (Video)

Richard teaches his linking rings on this video. It also has some awesome Multiplying balls and Vanishing and appearing cane tricks. There are some other interesting items in this video too (Invisible thumb tip is kind of funny).

Ron Jaxon

Prof. Alexander
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Prof. Alexander
Hi Ron.

I checked out the video you recommended but had a lot of reservation as regards playing it here in Europe.

But for those who are interested, I came across "Linking Rings - Greater Magic Library" DVD, this features Richard Ross's two routines as well as routines by a number of other performers - I'll be buying this one I think.

Thanks for introducing me to this fantastic performer. In the last couple of days I found out loads about him.... the wonders of the internet!

Again, thanks for your help Ron.

All the best
Prof. Alexander
I met this chap at the Olympics. I said to him, "Excuse me but are you a pole vaulter?" he replied "No, I'm German, but how did you know my name was Walter?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Young Richard Ross - The Linking Rings (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL