The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Undo the Cut (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Morphy
View Profile
New user
Germany
52 Posts

Profile of Morphy
Short Question:

Which method do most of the cheaters today use, to undo the cut?

Morphy
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ĺland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
I don't really know but my guess would be using a crimp of some sort/bridge or a partner.. or both.

Kim
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15831 Posts

Profile of tommy
As most work with an ally I would say most do not undo a cut but have the ally cut to a jog. In fact I think hopping the cut is very rare indeed. Except in some heads up games where it is common.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
DOCs Infinity Pass is perfect. But, not too many people do it and it is not in print.

Crimps are also good...sometimes, if they miss the crimp, you can fall back on a table pass.
Long Island,

New York
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Most hustlers I know do the table pass.

Doc
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
I agree with Doc. Wouldn't putting in a crimp sort of leave evidence?
Self concept is destiny..
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

It depends upon how strong the work is ...you can also use a slick card, etc.
Long Island,

New York
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
You could always take the crimp out.

If its bridgework, there are numerous ways to remove the work, including simply holding the deck, flexing, drawing cards off the table, etc.

As I said to doc, I'll just stick to magic where I don't have to worry about the cut Smile
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Nordatrax,

Funny you should say that....there is a magic trick which I do where I put a crimp/bridge in so large that you can drive a truck through it....and since it is magic, I will not loose my fingers if I happen to get caught Smile

As soon as the deck is cut (I get a 99.999% hit rate). I pick the cards up and flex the cards to take the work out and I am left clean.

Of course, a crimp/bridge that large in a game would likley draw heat Smile
But, I can tell you that I have never been nailed and I have been doing the effect for many years.
Long Island,

New York
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1138 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Its also the case that some magical/gambling demo's make use of table hops. I am thinking here of a gambling routine by David Ben called 'Bertum, Braue, Ben'. The spectator is allowed to cut the deck and the magician replaces the cut. Within the context of the effect, to my mind this 'little bit of card table procedure' is indispensible and enhances the routines authenticity.

Regards,

Paul H
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ĺland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Hi again.

I would do a crimp that I recently learned and it is invisible from every side of the deck. I love it. I have read descpriptions of the infinity pass but I don't think I got it right still. Hopefully I will someday.
When people say table pass, what pass are they referring to, I know many passes that happens on the table.. :S

Kim
Morphy
View Profile
New user
Germany
52 Posts

Profile of Morphy
Quote:
On 2007-05-30 00:52, Unknown419 wrote:
Most hustlers I know do the table pass.

Doc

can they do it on all surfaces? I think it's very difficult on some wooden tables..
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15831 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes but it costs extra. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
EMVT
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of EMVT
To beat the Cut... I will use my own table shift which is invisible from all angles and I can do it surrounded with complete ease and very slowly, or I'll use a crimp that's very, very, fine especially if I'm working with my partner and I have never been caught with these two moves.

These two moves when done naturally and smoothly will definitely get the money trust me there is no heat and if there is heat there are done so slowly and naturally you will not feel nervous at all the key is to perform any kind of move naturally with confidence and then do you truly marvel at the goods when everything falls smoothly.

EMVT
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15831 Posts

Profile of tommy
EMVT

Very good I am yet to see the invisible. Smile

When you place the cards down to be cut, a good % of players not only cut but complete it. What ways are there of stoping them doing that do you guys know?
Its not like you could say, cut it into two packets, as a magician might.

Tommy
C. Loubard
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of C. Loubard
Force a cut
Morphy
View Profile
New user
Germany
52 Posts

Profile of Morphy
Quote:
On 2007-06-02 06:18, tommy wrote:
EMVT

Very good I am yet to see the invisible. Smile

When you place the cards down to be cut, a good % of players not only cut but complete it. What ways are there of stoping them doing that do you guys know?
Its not like you could say, cut it into two packets, as a magician might.

a good % of players cut to your crimp...
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15831 Posts

Profile of tommy
You don't have to hop.....you can use a cut for location, which is pretty easy and and lot safer.

Do they play Kalooki in Germany? A rummy game played with two decks and jokers. Or any two deck games?

Tommy
Morphy
View Profile
New user
Germany
52 Posts

Profile of Morphy
What do you mean with "use a cut for location"?

I remember something like a rummy game with two decks and jokers, but I haven't played it.
In the last years, everyone in germany started to play poker, so I think the games that are played the most over here are poker, skat and pinochle.

In Binokel (the german name for pinochle) they use two french decks (7,8,9,10,J,Q,K,A) without the 8s and 9s. That means you have 48 cards.

We used to play games (not binokel) with 32 card decks most of the time (no 6,5,4,3,2 cards) and the german colors are different:
clubs:

spades:

hearts:

diamonds:

So they look like this:
Andrei
View Profile
Veteran user
Romania
353 Posts

Profile of Andrei
Morphy, practice on the different surfaces and you'll get a feel for what's possible even on hard (non felt) surfaces.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Undo the Cut (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL