The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » James Brown's Workeroo » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Translation by Google for those (like me) who do not speak German.

"Which is also in your hand, can be immediately after it in your trouser pocket Read this Satzt again carefully and… imagine the possibilities! Paint yourselves: which always you hid in your hand, can move presently/immediately into your trouser pocket. And everything happens with slow, natural movements. Invisibly efficiently and without trouble you make a direct connection between hand and your trouser pocket. To move without the hand toward trouser pocket.! Lapping during you stand! No jacket or waistcoat can be done is needed with aufgekrempelten sleeves! Finally the possibilities of the Lapping technology are also usable for the Zauberer demonstrating in standing, both in the CLOSE UP and on the stage. They get a video (English) with many ideas and routines German instructions detailed for coins, cigarettes, maps and the cup play, as well as and naturally the ingenious aid. Limited edition"
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
As a student of German, I've tried a more accurate German translation, for your benefit:

The weapon from John Anders

Whatever is in your hand, can immediately after be inside your trouser pocket!
Read this description once over, carefully, and imagine the possibilities before you!

Imagine this: whatever you have (hidden) in your hand, can travel - in the blink of an eye - to your pocket. And everything happens with slow, natural movements! Invisible, efficient, and without fuss, a direct connection between your hand and your pocket is created, without your hand going near your pockets!

It's like lapping whilst standing! No jacket/coat required. Can be done in short sleeves. Finally, the possibilities of lapping techniques are now made available for standing magicians, both close-up and platform, to employ.

You receive a video (in English) with several ideas, and routines with money (coins), cigarettes, cards, and cups and balls, as well as excellent instuctions in German, and of course, the superb gimmick.

Limited edition!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27073 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Back in 79, David Arthur showed a variation of Geoff Latta's Ultimate HPC done to has pocket. Getting properly set up about it can only be a good idea.

If this is sturdy and will work for the average middle aged guy... it'll likely be a winner.

Only your dry cleaner knows for sure. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I too am looking forward to james product I think I t will be very useful! we will soon see I hope!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4257 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Man, any chance this will be out before July 10th or so? Man, if I could just take this to Vegas..."see a bad mutha"
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
If all goes to plan this will be available within the next 3 weeks. Finalising the manufacturing at the moment.

I will be demonstrating this next week at the Sussex Magic Circle.

James Brown
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27073 Posts

Just thinking about the fun of using it badly at a bar next to someone you want to go reaching.

Oh really? where do you think it went?

:) bad jon... very bad
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
You're a very sick man... I respect that.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
James used this last night in his lecture at the SMC
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a feeling he was going to mention this, and he did at the end of the lecture
I'm sure james won't mind me saying that this is fantastic:
its obvious that james has spent, lost of money, time, effort and comitment in producing this very first class high quality device
in the lecture james perfomed his card opener, but using the workaroo very subtlety at certain key points in the routine, making this extremly clean as well as magical
james touched on some of the ideas and uses with the workaroo, and I can see that with james, gary jones and paul brook all coming together on this, it really will be pure gold!
that's all I will say, I'll let james take the well deserved glory for this master peice
james, I'll be intouch.......
ps. thanks mate for the best lecture I've seen at the club Smile
matt wainwright
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4257 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Hehe an idea of a coke can turning into a paper coke can comes to mind for moi Smile
E.S. Andrews
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of E.S. Andrews
If only James had been first to market with this gimmick, we might have been able to support him. But he wasn't. Workeroo is the same thing as The Direct Link, which is the creation of John Anders of The Netherlands.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4257 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
We shall see when it's released. I'm def. going to support James' work, looks fantastic.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Well you can;t get direct link, and how do you know how similar it really is. james never seen it before. lots of things accomplish the same thing in a different way
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27073 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-06-25 09:12, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Well you can;t get direct link, and how do you know how similar it really is. james never seen it before. lots of things accomplish the same thing in a different way

Joshua, read between the lines.

IMHO we can, in general, do a better job of vetting of our works before taking them to print or market.
E.S. Andrews
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of E.S. Andrews
Joshua and Blindside,

There is no reason to "see" when it is released how similar it is to The Direct Link. The point is, it should not be released without James obtaining Mr. Anders permission or purchasing the rights to The Direct Link. James knows EXACTLY what The Direct Link is, as I own The Direct Link and have described it in detail to James and to one of his friends who has seen the Workeroo. It has been confirmed directly to me that Workeroo is conceptually, functionally, and substantively identical to The Direct Link. James is taking the position that he can release Workeroo anyway because he claims to have created it independently of The Direct Link. Even if true, the fact is, The Direct Link was first to market by a long shot, and if anyone now wants to release a sustantive duplicate of that product, they should buy the rights to the original or otherwise obtain permission from the original's creator.

Joshua . . . MANY magic items that were once marketed are no longer available. Some were limited release items (as was The Direct Link), others ceased production for other reasons. Would I have the right to release conceptual, functional, and substantive duplicates of these products so long as I call my product a different name? James cannot now claim ignorance of The Direct Link or of the fact that Workeroo duplicates it, so why should he be permitted to release it and collect his dough? And why, under these circumstances, should we purchase it and enable this sort of behavior? The point here is that James doesn't care whether his product duplicates The Direct Link. He intends to release it regardless.

What a pity that magicians would support this sort of encroachment and infringement of another magician's brainchild and creation.

E.S.A.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
E.S.A is wrong on this. After E.S.A went so much on about the Direct Link, I decided I had to see it, knowing what James has created and come up with. Let me say now, they are NOTHING like each other!

Direct link is very hard to get hold of, but I get one brand new for anyone who wants to buy it from me, let me know. It has never been used and still in mint condition.

I have to say though, Workeroo is so much better! Don't get me wrong, Direct Link is great, and is a real killer, but it is like comparing a Magic Makers item, to a Viking mfg item!

That isn't in terms of craftsmanship, but just in terms of concept etc. As I am now in the position to comment on both, I will say it, James Browns Workeroo is the best!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
E.S. Andrews
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of E.S. Andrews
Christopher,

While this new information is at odds with the information you provided me privately, I would be happy to stand down, and even to support James by purchasing his product, if you can show me that Workeroo is significantly different "in terms of concept, etc." (your words) from The Direct Link. However, given the information that you provided me previously, it would be difficult to conceive how Workeroo could be shown to be different conceptually than The Direct Link, as they are the same idea applied to the same utility gimmick. At the very least, don't you think it would be encumbent on James to confer with Mr. Anders and seek his permission to market Workeroo if it is the same idea applied to the same utility gimmick, even if there are some differences in execution?

I have no dog in this fight other than to encourage the protection of originators and their creations. Would you and James be willing to contact me to attempt to resolve this privately?

Also, I would like to purchase your The Direct Link!

E.S.A.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
The problem is...you seem to be bashing someones work, when you haven't seen it. In my opinion, James has no reason or need to ask Mr Anders, as his is different enough, and more workable. I don't want to get involved with the behind the scenes on this, just thought you should know a little bit more before openly complaining about James product.

John Anders did not create the idea, so it isn't him James would speak to in the first place. I don't think the person is with us anymore! It is sooo old, that it predates Mr Anders, and James has added some really nice additions to this. James use with it is also far superior to Mr Anders version! I hope that John has improved with it since, as I wasn't impressed with his handling on this.

If you want to purchase the direct link from me, PM me
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27073 Posts

Folks, the question of transplanting the kind of topit popularized by Ammar is settled. It's not new. To be fair, when folks started trafic management in their jackets that way the rest of the tailoring was pretty well undway as well.

BUT the questions about how to keep the portal open and how well one can live (wash and wear?) with such an appliance have been with us for at least thirty years as well.
E.S. Andrews
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of E.S. Andrews
Christopher,

On what basis do you claim that John Anders "did not create the idea" of The Direct Link that James is copying with Workeroo? Show me ANYONE prior to Mr. Anders who thought of, and brought to market, the MODIFICATION to the utility gimmick in question prior to Mr. Anders. Show me ANYWHERE in the literature that mentions the MODIFICATION to the ancient utility gimmick in question, which is the heart and essense of The Direct Link that takes that old utility gimmick, slaps it around, and makes it functional in ways that users of the traditional version of that "oooold" utility gimmick could not imagine. You are parsing words, Chris.

I challenge you and James again: Show me ANYWHERE in the literature, or ANY product released prior to The Direct Link that employed Mr. Anders' revolutionary MODIFICATION to the utility gimmick that made it The Direct Link. I await your response.

E.S.A.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » James Brown's Workeroo » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL